Welcome Assistants!! (OFFICIALLY)

If I recall correctly Evina made that public comment at the end of the season about bad team chemistry and that a coaching change was needed. Fulmer was a long time friend with Holly and I'm sure didn't want to fire her but the team was imploding and had no choice after that comment. I think her parents were also big pain in the butts with Holly. She was a team cancer. Never stood out at UConn.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
If I recall correctly Evina made that public comment at the end of the season about bad team chemistry and that a coaching change was needed. Fulmer was a long time friend with Holly and I'm sure didn't want to fire her but the team was imploding and had no choice after that comment. I think her parents were also big pain in the butts with Holly. She was a team cancer. Never stood out at UConn.
Evina and her Mom were only half that story. Don't forget the Hayes, who were squabbling publicly w Westbrook Mom before the season even started. They were a cancer in each of the many schools Annie landed in. Also, for the hundreth time, Evinas "public comment" was an answer to a question in a post game interview immediately after a tough loss to end a bitterly disappointing season.

Evina was solid if not spectacular at UConn. She did make a couple of WNBA rosters as an add on last year, don't think she played much. Not sure if she'll still be around the W this year.

Evina and her Mom were only half that story. Don't forget the Hayes, who were squabbling publicly w Westbrook Mom before the season even started. They were a cancer in each of the many schools Annie landed in. Also, for the hundreth time, Evinas "public comment" was an answer to a question in a post game interview immediately after a tough loss to end a bitterly disappointing season.

Evina was solid if not spectacular at UConn. She did make a couple of WNBA rosters as an add on last year, don't think she played much. Not sure if she'll still be around the W this year.

Evina is an unfortunate case. She had great potential but starting having knee problems as a freshman and really never got over it. She was a clutch player who was not afraid of the moment.

She became everyone's scapegoat which is equally unfortunate.

Evina is an unfortunate case. She had great potential but starting having knee problems as a freshman and really never got over it. She was a clutch player who was not afraid of the moment.

She became everyone's scapegoat which is equally unfortunate.
The toxic Mom didn't help either. Interesting how Geno reined Mom the F in when Evina went to UConn. Social media mouthing stopped cold. Good for him, it was probably a condition for taking her. Holly had become a pushover for toxic parents by that point.

I’d like us to go after Ariel Massengale. She’s a current assistant at IUPUI. Not exactly a Pat tree typa hire. I’ve heard she’s just so personable

If she is good then I'd love to have Ariel. If it's to pacify DEI activists then pass. Bring in the best, diversify but don't make it a focus. I always liked Ariel though she didn't live up to her lofty expectations as a player. Who would playing for Warrick?

VN Store

Back