Welcome Assistants!! (OFFICIALLY)

I feel more awesome than an awesome possum
Dip my body in chocolate frosting
Three years later, wipe off the frosting
Smelling like a blossom, everything is awesome

Damn Kellie, it was worse than we thought .

Ha ha.

There couldn't be other reasons, such as the fact that the new coach was previously an assistant at Marquette or that perhaps the terms weren't agreeable to both sides.

It just seems petty to constantly feel the need to denigrate our former coaches even after the program has moved on. Oh, that's right...you maintain that Kellie "wrecked the house."

That suggests that someone is hedging bets: successful season, Kim's a miracle worker; unsuccessful season, it's all Kellie's fault.

So just to confirm, the 5th position on the coaching staff will be a graduate assistant or an associate coach?

Ha ha.

There couldn't be other reasons, such as the fact that the new coach was previously an assistant at Marquette or that perhaps the terms weren't agreeable to both sides.

It just seems petty to constantly feel the need to denigrate our former coaches even after the program has moved on. Oh, that's right...you maintain that Kellie "wrecked the house."

That suggests that someone is hedging bets: successful season, Kim's a miracle worker; unsuccessful season, it's all Kellie's fault.
Not wrecked the house, just didn’t leave it better than she got it. Interpret as you will.

Well, you literally said, "Kellie wrecked the house and left it not better than she found it."

No "interpretation" needed.

Some of that self- vaunted "honesty" would be a welcome sight about now.
Well then, nothing wrong with my honesty. Guess in the days since her removal I got soft on her. So to my words, she wrecked it. Pretty telling in that money people didn't want to deal with her. So, interpret that as you see .

Last edited:
If that's what you call it!

Clearly the AD didn't ask any opinions and that's fine just hope he made the right choice!

And regardless of what you or anyone else says around here, I'll still say Tomekia Reed would've been a better hire if given the same level of support than Caldwell whether you or anybody want to believe it or not.
Here's a snippet from Wikipedia:
Named JSU head coach in 2018, Reed came to Jackson State following a successful three-year stint as coach of the Hinds Community College women's basketball team. Hinds CC won a combined 47 games under Reed, including consecutive winning seasons in 2016-17 and 2017–18. Reed led Hinds CC to the NJCAA Region 23 title game in 2017.

Reed also had assistant coach stops at Southern Miss, Louisiana Tech, Louisiana-Lafayette, and New Orleans, serving as recruiting coordinator at each school during her respective stints.
Reed appears to have a solid record in schools at a level or two down from the SEC. The same is true of Caldwell. Why do you find one clearly superior to the other?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
A lot of posters have said that several top coaches "turned down" an offer from UT. Does anyone know for sure that DW actually offered the job to these coaches? Approaching, even interviewing someone is not the same as issuing an offer. Is it just possible that DW talked to, even considered, several coaches and then decided to offer the job to CKC as the best, most promising candidate for the position? Yes, some decided to decline to interview and you may equate this with turning the job down, or you may not: I don't necessarily, but that is moot. My personal feeling is that the only way to "hit a home run" is to grab a great coach before anyone else. If a coach has success at one school, the chances are good that they would have success at another but that success is not guaranteed. Coaching success is due to circumstances being right as well as coaching ability and effort. There are no sure things. I believe CKC is a very promising and likely soon to be successful coach and I will fully support her as she moves forward.

A lot of posters have said that several top coaches "turned down" an offer from UT. Does anyone know for sure that DW actually offered the job to these coaches? Approaching, even interviewing someone is not the same as issuing an offer. Is it just possible that DW talked to, even considered, several coaches and then decided to offer the job to CKC as the best, most promising candidate for the position? Yes, some decided to decline to interview and you may equate this with turning the job down, or you may not: I don't necessarily, but that is moot. My personal feeling is that the only way to "hit a home run" is to grab a great coach before anyone else. If a coach has success at one school, the chances are good that they would have success at another but that success is not guaranteed. Coaching success is due to circumstances being right as well as coaching ability and effort. There are no sure things. I believe CKC is a very promising and likely soon to be successful coach and I will fully support her as she moves forward.
Same ones who say we lost players to NIL but don’t know or say what was offered?

Reactions: knoxvol52
Not several,,,two

When White opted to go with a young, up and comer coach, he is betting on future potential. Tubner and Lazo are not that inexperienced and it seems that CKC wants younger talent around her as well.

The "accepting mediocrity" card just does not fit this situation. But, if you have a real beef with it, take it up with Danny White. Nothing that happens on this board will much impact on anything.
I know I’ve used the word mediocrity a few times, but I’ve never once said anything about the coaches because I don’t care who the coaches are. If we are able to get the best players and put a winning roster together it’s a win, but if not it’s a failure. So I have no judgment until after the 2025 Class

Reactions: ReignSupreme
I know I’ve used the word mediocrity a few times, but I’ve never once said anything about the coaches because I don’t care who the coaches are. If we are able to get the best players and put a winning roster together it’s a win, but if not it’s a failure. So I have no judgment until after the 2025 Class
The post I was responding to explicitly said that the hires of Tubner and Laza "was accepting mediocrity." That view, however, is clearly an outlier. I don't believe you were referenced at all in any of those exchanges.

can't say and won't say but I only know of two
200w.gif

Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back