What Other Message Boards Are Saying: 2015 Vandy Edition

I lived in Nashville for years and I can honestly say that Vandy fans are the most arrogant, delusional, and elitist fan base I have ever been around. They think they are better than you on a personal level. I'm not kidding. The players have deliberately tried to hurt UT players in the past. Nice campus and good academics but that's it.

Reactions: 4 people
Last weeks results for both teams give me much more confidence. More surprised at the dominance UT showed. Im not taking them lightly, but there's zero reason UT loses this game.

... except the field.

Agreed, UT's field is the great equalizer.

Reactions: 1 person
Lol. Is Vandy fans serious? The only times we lost to Vandy is the times we did not go to a bowl and we had a terrible team. Vandy has not beat a decent Tennessee with winning record. They have only beaten our garbage teams... that's nothing to brag about. Let's seen a Vandy team beat a good team... that will never happen.

Last edited:
In Nashville,when the police pull you over for speeding on West End blvd,they give you season tickets to vandy home games. If they pull you over for speeding again,they make you go to the games!

Reactions: 13 people
I lived in Nashville for years and I can honestly say that Vandy fans are the most arrogant, delusional, and elitist fan base I have ever been around. They think they are better than you on a personal level. I'm not kidding. The players have deliberately tried to hurt UT players in the past. Nice campus and good academics but that's it.

Spot on! We attend the SEC Baseball Tournament every year. Amazing to see how all the fans from the schools interact & enjoy one another...EXCEPT for vandie fans. Nobody wants to be around 'em! :no:

Lol. Is Vandy fans serious? The only times we lost to Vandy is the times we did not go to a bowl and we had a terrible team. Vandy has not beat a decent Tennessee with winning record. They have only beaten our garbage teams... that's nothing to brag about. Let's seen a Vandy team beat a good team... that will never happen.

To be fair, we've only beaten their garbage teams too. They've just had 27 of them in the last 30 years.

Reactions: 12 people
Their fanbase consists of more jerks per capita than any other fanbase. That's a hard feat to pull off, so they've got that going for them.

...and they should, found this on internet about national nonprofits:

Vanderbilt University #23
Total Revenue: $3.82 billion
Total Employees: 36,104
Founded by rail magnate Cornelius Vanderbilt in 1873, Vanderbilt University is one of America's most storied colleges.

Value of their football team? $0.00

I don't go there. It's like jumping into the septic tank to point out to the turds that they are turds.

Go Vols.

It's good for entertainment value.

Kind of like watching Dumb and Dumber. You know it's not real and all you can do is chuckle at the stupidity.

I used to feel sorry for them, then James Franklin happened. I will love every Vandy beat down for the rest of my life. Hope they enjoyed their two years of above average football.

Reactions: 3 people
In Nashville,when the police pull you over for speeding on West End blvd,they give you season tickets to vandy home games. If they pull you over for speeding again,they make you go to the games!

Lol...good one.

Even the boss (wife) chuckled.

A Vandy guy actually told me today at work that Vandy could go to a bowl game at 5-7 due to there not being enough eligible teams and the NCAA and bowl organizers would pick teams on APR/GPA and they are ranked near the the top of the NCAA in cumulative team GPA...geeezzzz...HAHAHAAAAA

The only reason they get a bid at 6-6 is because by the SEC's contract they get one; unless of course more than the contracted amount of teams go 6-6 or better and they'd be the last SEC any bowl would want.

VN Store

Back