What Other Message Boards Are Saying: 2015 Vandy Edition

I lived in Nashville for years and I can honestly say that Vandy fans are the most arrogant, delusional, and elitist fan base I have ever been around. They think they are better than you on a personal level. I'm not kidding. The players have deliberately tried to hurt UT players in the past. Nice campus and good academics but that's it.

Agree with all but that last sentence. Their campus would be a perfect spot to move Steiner n Lift to.

Reactions: 2 people
I think it's a reach to say the federal agents were lynched. C'mon now

Exactly. Maybe they just really enjoyed the moon shine and way of life on Rocky Top and desided to stay on their own.

That's what I've always believed...

Don't know why the Vandie fan has to be so negetive....

Reactions: 1 person
In my opinion, the closest this will be is when the ball is kicked off to start the game. Have mercy if they win the coin toss and kick off to Berry. Their Defense will show up no doubt, but for 4 quarters in Ktown? I don't see it. This could turn into a thrashing very easily and I hope it does. Their fan base is still under the impression that they deserve some sense of relevancy, and I don't know why. Arguing that they almost beat Florida as to the reason for confidence? Sounds more like they should be confident that they could hang with FAU. When they run their mouth it's like when your kid says something disrespectful and you spank them to remind them that you're the parent and they're the child. Well guess what's coming Vandy.......a spankin.

Reactions: 6 people
One of their fans over there says "I just don't see them scoring more than 14 on us. That Herd guy is soft, and Dobbs can't hit the broad side of a barn. They have a decent defense, but Coach has a game plan for that"

Vanderbilt is like the whipped puppy that you want to feel sorry for, but he still bites people and tears up your house. As a fan base, they aren't quite the level of defeated as they were earlier in the season, in fact they are a bit encouraged after being shutout by Texas A&M, but they still see this one as a loss.

I legitimately dislike their fans. Maybe it's sill a grudge from the Franklin era, but they legitimately annoy me. Last year I posted these quotes from the end of the 2013 season/beginning of the Mason era. I'll probably repost them every year to remind everyone how annoying their fans are.

Anyways..... here's what the Vandy faithful are saying about Saturday's matchup in Neyland:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

-They keep referring to this as their "Rivalry week." We don't, but they do.

-Some thoughts regarding the opening line:

-There was a thread regarding a "bowl game" for them. It was just one post, but it was a poster saying "Beat UT and MTSU in the same year, that's my bowl."

-I've seen a bit of bragging about them having more wins than the Titans......... I'll just leave it at that.

-General score predictions have us winning by 17-21, with them scoring no more than 7-10.

-Apparently for the first time this year, Mason is putting several starters on Special Teams. I don't know the extent of who or where, I just know the fans don't like the idea.

-2013 Vandy vs UT keeps getting brought up a lot on their boards. I think it's the only bit of hope they're clinging to.

-They are really excited about the potential of a 5-7 team going to a bowl. I actually saw the statement "We'll crush UT and go to a bowl!"

-I've never seen a team so devoted to this, but every time a poster talks about having tickets to sell they are always extremely adamant that they will only sell to Vandy fans. They pushed this last year too, which is understandable at their stadium, but this year they're just as vocal about it.

-For what it's worth, the attitude towards Mason seems to be much improved. I see a lot of blaming of talent, coordinators, etc. for their lack of success, but a lot less Mason.

-There is a thread called "Tennessee can't score on our defense" with a prediction of 17-14 Vandy. It's mostly met with opposition, but the homers are certainly sprinkled in there.

-They are seeing the fact that they "should have beat Florida" as their main reason they could win this game.

-This is what we call "reaching"-

-They have no respect for Dobbs or Medley. They think they will shut down Dobbs, and making Medley kick and miss will be the key to this game.

A tiny bump in the road away from 8-4. Let's finish strong, and get loud in Neyland this weekend.

It recalls it doesn't celebrate it. See below.

Despite its fast and upbeat tempo, the song is actually a lament over the loss of a way of life. In the song's opening verse, the singer longs for a place called "Rocky Top," where there is no "smoggy smoke" and there are no "telephone bills." The singer reminisces about a love affair he once had on Rocky Top with a woman "wild as a mink" and "sweet as soda pop." The song's second verse recalls a story about two "strangers" (apparently revenue agents) climbing Rocky Top "looking for a moonshine still," but never returning (conflict between moonshiners and "revenuers" is a common theme in Appalachian culture).[12] In the third and final verse (which consists of just four lines), the singer again longs for the "simple" life, likening life in the city to being "trapped like a duck in a pen."

I'm about to get it for saying this, but I like Vanderbilt University. It is an outstanding school academically with a beautiful campus in a great part of a great city. The medical center is one of the finest on the planet, and the school is something our state should rightfully be proud of.

I'm a proud UT alum who bleeds orange, and there's no question I want to see Vandy lose this weekend. I hated Franklin when he was there. But Vandy is a Tennessse team in the SEC, and whenever they aren't playing us I pull for em. Who honestly wouldn't enjoy seeing UGA, Florida, Bama or South Carolina lose when playing the 'dores?

Reactions: 3 people
I'm about to get it for saying this, but I like Vanderbilt University. It is an outstanding school academically with a beautiful campus in a great part of a great city. The medical center is one of the finest on the planet, and the school is something our state should rightfully be proud of.

I'm a proud UT alum who bleeds orange, and there's no question I want to see Vandy lose this weekend. I hated Franklin when he was there. But Vandy is a Tennessse team in the SEC, and whenever they aren't playing us I pull for em. Who honestly wouldn't enjoy seeing UGA, Florida, Bama or South Carolina lose when playing the 'dores?
Go ahead and turn your vol card in. Thanks

Reactions: 10 people

Wut? First paragraph, ok, I can agree. Second paragraph though? A bit disgusting.

Wut? First paragraph, ok, I can agree. Second paragraph though? A bit disgusting.

Well I grew up in Nashville, my mother works at Vanderbilt, and as a Vanderbilt employee they paid for my tuition to go to Tennessee, included as part of her benefits. Kind of hard not to pull for em somewhat.

Well I grew up in Nashville, my mother works at Vanderbilt, and as a Vanderbilt employee they paid for my tuition to go to Tennessee, included as part of her benefits. Kind of hard not to pull for em somewhat.

Oh, ok, I get it. You got ties, and important ones at that. Exception made. 😁

Reactions: 5 people

I honestly do not enjoy seeing Candy win anything, ever, at all.

You guys got it all wrong. Strangers ain't come down from rocky top because they found the still and they loved it and everything about rocky top. They just stayed and raised families and stuff.

Or they got what they deserved for snooping around. (I prefer the former ending to their story.)

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back