What Other Message Boards Are Saying: 2015 Vandy Edition

On the Ugly Reality side of life, Vandy did have their second-best offensive game of the year. They only scored more against Austin Peay. A dubious dstinction, for our D (even if the last TD was against our 3rd stringers).

On the Ugly Reality side of life, Vandy did have their second-best offensive game of the year. They only scored more against Austin Peay. A dubious dstinction, for our D (even if the last TD was against our 3rd stringers).

The last two touchdowns were against the reserves. Our first string won 53-14.

Reactions: 2 people

More years than not, Vandy plays their best game of the year against us and Webb is a quality back. The 14 pts we actually gave up isn't that bad. The last 2 TDs don't really count. I'm much more impressed that we scored 52. The Vandy D was a quality opponent. I was afraid we would grind out a 14-10 win. All 3 phases of the game were impressive today and the Vols gave Vandy a beat down like they are supposed to.

Reactions: 1 person
More years than not, Vandy plays their best game of the year against us and Webb is a quality back. The 14 pts we actually gave up isn't that bad. The last 2 TDs don't really count. I'm much more impressed that we scored 52. The Vandy D was a quality opponent. I was afraid we would grind out a 14-10 win. All 3 phases of the game were impressive today and the Vols gave Vandy a beat down like they are supposed to.

Webb was a Franklin recruit...I doubt mason will get the caliber players Franklin was starting to get before he left...in two years they could be struggling to more than one win...

I'm about to get it for saying this, but I like Vanderbilt University. It is an outstanding school academically with a beautiful campus in a great part of a great city. The medical center is one of the finest on the planet, and the school is something our state should rightfully be proud of.

I'm a proud UT alum who bleeds orange, and there's no question I want to see Vandy lose this weekend. I hated Franklin when he was there. But Vandy is a Tennessse team in the SEC, and whenever they aren't playing us I pull for em. Who honestly wouldn't enjoy seeing UGA, Florida, Bama or South Carolina lose when playing the 'dores?

I always want Vandy to go winless. I'll never pull for em.

Reactions: 4 people
To be fair. Our starters beat Vandy 46 - 14. Our fourth string RB scored the last TD against their starters.

Their starters scored their last two TD's against our 2nd and third stringers.

"we did score 28 points and probably should have had 21 in the first half - that is improvement

Onward and Upward"

"Our AD gets paid $3 million a year (highest in country) but then people complain bringing in the cupcakes costs too much. Regardless, I am happy enough with Mason's progress this year to give him another year. 2 SEC wins is forward momentum but we have to go bowling next year. "

"Good grief! Did we play any power 5 ooc games this year that I missed? I don't know how we could create an easier schedule and still have any self respect as an SEC football program."

"The two best teams we played this yr WKU and Houston are not ranked so that tells you how easy our schedule is. The sec east will never be as bad as it was this yr."

"The schedule was cream puff outside of Western and Houston. I had rather play very SEC east team twice before playing those two teams again."

I can't make this stuff up. :lolabove:

Reactions: 3 people
I'm about to get it for saying this, but I like Vanderbilt University. It is an outstanding school academically with a beautiful campus in a great part of a great city. The medical center is one of the finest on the planet, and the school is something our state should rightfully be proud of.

I'm a proud UT alum who bleeds orange, and there's no question I want to see Vandy lose this weekend. I hated Franklin when he was there. But Vandy is a Tennessse team in the SEC, and whenever they aren't playing us I pull for em. Who honestly wouldn't enjoy seeing UGA, Florida, Bama or South Carolina lose when playing the 'dores?

I'll give you the first paragraph, especially the medical center part. Vandy is easily the best hospital in the state, hands down. What's sad about that, and I know because I worked there for several years, is that UT Medical isn't even the best hospital in Knoxville, not even really close. I blame that on it having been sold to corporate medicine though. It's only associated with the university in name nowadays.

True story: I saw two Vandy fans at McDonalds this morning. I told Freak Jr. to look quickly because it's like spotting Bigfoot.

Did you get a blurry picture with your phone?

VN Store

Back