What Other Message Boards Are Saying: Georgia Bulldogs Edition

Absolutely......oh wait, look at our rushing yardage and YPC from last season. And that was without a dynamic RB.
That's with a Oline that had played together for 3 years.. It was just a decent Oline. We didn't do shat against the better teams. They stuffed us when it mattered. Only time we got yards against the better teams was when the game was no longer in doubt. No thanks. That running scheme will only work when you have all world linemen and all world backs. We really don't have either right now.. Now we're not going to just line up and pound people with this line we have, but a lead blocker might help every now and then. Instead of handing the back the ball 5 yards deep in the backfield every time. I'm a old school football guy . Love me some power formations and 3 yards cloud of dust. Not a big fan of the Zone read, spread option trash..

I can anticipate next week's version of this. When you go to Gator boards, the theme will be 1) Driskel sucks; 2) Muschamp sucks; 3) If we lose to UT, Muschamp is officially toast at UF; 4) Driskel sucks.

Reactions: 16 people
I can anticipate next week's version of this. When you go to Gator boards, the theme will be 1) Driskel sucks; 2) Muschamp sucks; 3) If we lose to UT, Muschamp is officially toast at UF; 4) Driskel sucks.

I'm counting on Chatt to just post this quote next week.

Pruitt will definitely help, but rarely have I seen a fanbase more disappointed than after the UGA/SC game when it became apparent that the Georgia defense was still a project.

Well, we're all disappointed when we lose. But all reasonable UGA fans knew that Pruitt cleaned house when he came in and we knew our backfield would be very thin. Losing by 3 at USC that night was disappointing, but it could have happened to any team in the US, given the circumstances (rain delay, away game, rival with nothing to lose, TD called back, fraction-of-an-inch measurement, etc). Why didn't CBJ have a winning season last year if Pruitt should have done so with our D? You can't argue both ways. We've had Jancek/Martinez and now we have Pruitt. We're okay with the way things are.

that may be true but ill never know because you wont see me on another teams board.

i dont get it.

Well, we're all disappointed when we lose. But all reasonable UGA fans knew that Pruitt cleaned house when he came in and we knew our backfield would be very thin. Losing by 3 at USC that night was disappointing, but it could have happened to any team in the US, given the circumstances (rain delay, away game, rival with nothing to lose, TD called back, fraction-of-an-inch measurement, etc). Why didn't CBJ have a winning season last year if Pruitt should have done so with our D? You can't argue both ways. We've had Jancek/Martinez and now we have Pruitt. We're okay with the way things are.

good luck with that NC

CBJ = .620, CMR = .736. Who's more likely to fire their HC first?

UGA is. Because you guys want to fire CMR every year. He's had 13 to get it done. CBJ has been here one full season, starting number two. Who inherited a trainwreck? Hint: It wasn't CMR.

Now put the rest of your lunch back in your lunch box and get back to work. Your GA Tech boss is looking for you.

Reactions: 5 people

Pruitt wasn't your DC last year......

Your QB may not be able to anticipate a defense, but you sure can :)

Reactions: 2 people
I think he is beginning to run more relaxed with a little more swag. I can imagine that the advice he got was one cut and get positive yardage as a rookie. I think he has been running tight. Once he starts figuring out he not only belongs but is better than most, he will show out in a game coming soon. Hope it's this weekend. Go Hurd, and go VOLS!

Spot on. I hope he can find a hole or two and get to feeling more comfortable, I think he has the ability.. hope he steps up his determination, and those Big Uglies pop a hole or two.:clapping:

That's the most apples and oranges question I've ever heard. And I never said Pruitt should've worked a miracle. I was pointing out exactly what you already know . . . . it's going to take time and the UGA defense is going to give up yards every time they face a decent passing game and that's what will likely keep them from running the table.

My point was that Fulmer did more in half the time than Richt has.

The "winning season" argument is stale now and doesn't sting like it used to. It's all any of our naysayers can say anymore though. We had a terrible AD who made some extremely poor hiring choices. Whoopty-doo. We have a real coach now who knows what he's doing.

I would bet my house that Butch Jones will win a national title before Mark Richt will.

There's a place near by that can throw you a refrigerator box or two to live in .. you're gonna need it.

UGA is. Because you guys want to fire CMR every year. He's had 13 to get it done. CBJ has been here one full season, starting number two. Who inherited a trainwreck? Hint: It wasn't CMR.

Now put the rest of your lunch back in your lunch box and get back to work. Your GA Tech boss is looking for you.

CMR didn't inherit a train wreck? Gosh, first I have ever heard someone say something that nice about Jim Donnan's teams.

Reactions: 1 person
-I'm going to start off by seriously giving Worley his due props. The first thread I came across that talked about Saturday's game against us said "We're going to have to score 40 on them, Worley is going to carve up our secondary like a Thanksgiving Turkey." I never thought I would see anyone say that about Justin Worley. Just shows how much of a threat he's become.

-General score predictions have them winning big and us scoring a surprisingly low number of points. Mostly them scoring in the 40's and us scoring in the teens.

-They do however seem to think the opening line is way too high just like most of us do

Pretty contradictory statements.

CMR didn't inherit a train wreck? Gosh, first I have ever heard someone say something that nice about Jim Donnan's teams.

Don't know I would consider it saying something "nice", but UGA had talent and depth that CMR could work with. Even Donnan was winning 8-9 games a year. Nowhere close to the same situation that CBJ took over.

Reactions: 2 people
Don't know I would consider it saying something "nice", but UGA had talent and depth that CMR could work with. Even Donnan was winning 8-9 games a year. Nowhere close to the same situation that CBJ took over.

There was something there to work with yes, but the culture of the program was to accept 8 wins and be happy it wasn't Ray Goff. No accountability for the players as well back then. The entire mindset had to be changed.

VN Store

Back