Where did Dave Hooker go?

I used to listen to SportTalk when I was in high school/college and had a commute. Dr. B was still there. It wasn't always the best information or analysis but was always entertaining. It was at its peak when Bama Jean would call in, pre-Saban years, to excuse the latest disappointing Alabama loss. Not sure about today, but they used to have a great set of regular callers, fans of a whole bunch of different teams, who were hilarious and you never knew what they'd say.

I'll put it on quickly here and there and the most I've heard them talk without going to a commercial is about 5 minutes. They also have a "wrestling hour" and a "racing hour" at least once a week, even if its college football season and that's all anyone wants to talk about.

Maybe someone mistook him for the Pillsbury Doughboy and threw him in an oven. It could happen.

He wrote an SDS article a couple of days ago. IDK, but I remember back when Inky Johnson's unauthorized interview got Hooker's suspended by Mike Hamilton. Good times.

Reactions: swamprat#10
FINALLY. I was all set to vote one way. Then I got a strange ad in my FB feed and just decided to switch candidates. Like I was in a trance. Crazy!
It was Bloomu, I'm telling ya, he is on Trump's payroll!!!

I figured he was just on vacation or something. I'd love the show to be just Quake and Joe. Had to turn it off half the time when DH was on.

I no longer listen. Mostly because of that Florida St. suck up Joe.

I no longer listen. Mostly because of that Florida St. suck up Joe.
I like Joe. And he doesn't talk about the seminoles much now. lol

Their best guest is Rich Mozingo. If he ever changes professions, he needs to go into radio or TV.

I like Joe. And he doesn't talk about the seminoles much now. lol

Their best guest is Rich Mozingo. If he ever changes professions, he needs to go into radio or TV.

Refresh my memory Vollygirl. Who is Rich Mozingo?

Really 2 pages of responses ????? WHO CARES !!!! He was a smart alic anyway ....

Somebody school me as they have changed how do you delete a duplicate message there used to be a delete button icon visible now there is not. Thanks

Last edited:
I know many may know him from the Knoxville market, but he has been on the air here in Chattanooga for about 2.5 years until a couple of weeks ago on WGOW. He usually had good somewhat insider info and also had a good line up of well known callers on the program.

Anyone have a clue?

Now the last I heard was about 5 years ago, I was still driving a big rig I've retired since then. But, I heard him doing a segment on one of the sports talk shows on SiriusXM, he was in Columbus Ohio doing something with one of recruiting website that we're (are) dedicated to the Ohio State Buckeyes. Said he and his wife moved there to be closer to her family. He might have been working for the ESPN also but not sure.

Who was listening that day a few months back when it truly sounded like Hooker and Quake were going to throw down and slug it out right there? One of the most awkward radio encounters I've ever heard. I expected Hooker to be gone the next day.

I don't recall the setup, but I think Quake said something and Hooker disagreed. It was in such a condescending way that it was clear to the world Hooker was saying Quake must be an idiot to believe the way he did. Quake pushed back, clearly upset, and instead of realizing he overstepped and backing up with some form of apology, Hooker doubled down. Voices were raised, insults were hurled, and Joe seemed helpless to stop the train wreck unfolding before him. It was one of the most unprofessional things I've ever heard on radio, and I don't blame Quake at all.

Hooker just often seemed like a self-important jerk. I hope it's an act, but I have no evidence to prove such.

AV

Reactions: landscapingvol
Who was listening that day a few months back when it truly sounded like Hooker and Quake were going to throw down and slug it out right there? One of the most awkward radio encounters I've ever heard. I expected Hooker to be gone the next day.

I don't recall the setup, but I think Quake said something and Hooker disagreed. It was in such a condescending way that it was clear to the world Hooker was saying Quake must be an idiot to believe the way he did. Quake pushed back, clearly upset, and instead of realizing he overstepped and backing up with some form of apology, Hooker doubled down. Voices were raised, insults were hurled, and Joe seemed helpless to stop the train wreck unfolding before him. It was one of the most unprofessional things I've ever heard on radio, and I don't blame Quake at all.

Hooker just often seemed like a self-important jerk. I hope it's an act, but I have no evidence to prove such.

AV

I missed that, but I heard them get into a similar situation a week or so ago. That may have been the finial straw. I find it hard to believe that no one this forum heard anything about his departure, unless they really didn't mention much about it. FWIW, I sort-of liked listening to the guy, because I really can't take much of Cowboy Joe. I guess it was a lesser-of-two evils kind of thing...

Reactions: EconVol92

VN Store

Back