Where did Dave Hooker go?

No idea. I quit listening to WGOW. SportTalk was okay at first with him but then got annoying. Then the rest of their shows were just too political. I just quit listening all together and havenā€™t noticed anything different. šŸ˜

Ditto. Sport Talk's not the same without Doc. I can't stand The SeƱor Smug in the mornings, Brad's not funny nor interesting (they miss Styles in both spots), and I think Ramsey's a huckster.

I've discovered podcasts. I really like the Adam Carolla Show. He also has one called Reasonable Doubt with Mark Geragos that's pretty good. I listened to a couple of Dennis Miller's...good but no new episodes this year. I listen to Finebaum for sports - they post the 1st hour during the 2nd, commercial free! Cuts an hour down to 35 minutes and makes the bammer/barner morons more bearable...but really, are they any worse than Dr. Lock, Ken Meredith as BeetleJuice, or the slow kid from East Ridge?

Even though Jay Greeson can't keep his Auburn homer-ism in check, I would much rather listen to 105.1 in Chattanooga from 3-6 than to WGOW. Every other show on 105.1 seems like straight up unlistenable. WGOW might as well be called Andy Berke and friends.

I have a 15-20 minute commute from work in the afternoons, depending on traffic. If I tune into to ST I'm lucky if I get 5 minutes of actual show. The rest are commercials.
Be sure to "Go get some REAL wood"
Maybe the sireeens turned him into a toad?
Geographical oddity, he's probably 2 weeks from here.

Reactions: TJSVOLS
Hooker is on nooga radio from 6 to 9 in Chattanooga at 92.7 fm.
I found out and was able to tune into the first show for a few minutes. It sounded like a bit of a step down the first night. I think the whole program lineup for The Sports Guyz was changed several days after her was added. I am rarely driving during that time so I won't catch much of it.

Even though Jay Greeson can't keep his Auburn homer-ism in check, I would much rather listen to 105.1 in Chattanooga from 3-6 than to WGOW. Every other show on 105.1 seems like straight up unlistenable. WGOW might as well be called Andy Berke and friends.
Is that line up local? I've never checked it out, will certainly give it a try.

I used to listen to SportTalk when I was in high school/college and had a commute. Dr. B was still there. It wasn't always the best information or analysis but was always entertaining. It was at its peak when Bama Jean would call in, pre-Saban years, to excuse the latest disappointing Alabama loss. Not sure about today, but they used to have a great set of regular callers, fans of a whole bunch of different teams, who were hilarious and you never knew what they'd say.

I'll put it on quickly here and there and the most I've heard them talk without going to a commercial is about 5 minutes. They also have a "wrestling hour" and a "racing hour" at least once a week, even if its college football season and that's all anyone wants to talk about.
If you recall MachoMan, he needs prayers. Havenā€™t even seen him in awhile. Gary would give him a hard time on Facebook.

Paschal is good on 105.1

Reactions: SD189 and Chattdawg
I used to listen to ST often. But, man it's 90% commercials, then heavy metal segways to the talk, then a lot of filler on air. Hard to replace Gary Haskew. But, I've always liked the main guys.

But like you say, if the dial is left there, the next day you'll be hearing JR and other weed heads pontificate correct "politics" to us all.
Man I miss Dr. B!!!

Hooker used to write prognostications about UT football recruiting years ago and never knew crap. Wrong all the time. Now, writing digs for Saturday Down South, he just seems to pile on and bash the state of things in the current football environmentā€”kinda like he wants to be the next John Adams. Whatever.

VN Store

Back