Who's with me on this ?

Well I thought UT looked like they belonged Saturday in the 1st half...the 2nd half was a different story. Any win on Saturday against Mizzou would be acceptable for me.
We couldn’t hit a big play the 2nd half. Even with the turnover.

I think we should throw deep more often. At least once per set of downs.

Right now other than Vandy and maybe SC I don’t see many SEC wins for Tennessee this season and next season don’t look a hell of alot better either.

I’m not sure that beating Mizzou would be world shocking.
Get out of your orange world and into the real world once in a while.
The real world thinks UT is garbage.
Beating them might not shock the world, but OP didn’t just say beat, it said obliterate.
That’s gonna shock the world

Beat Mizzou!

Remember that time Kentucky used a WR to play QB and ran it down our throat and beat us 10-7? Maybe that is something we should look into.

200.gif

Reactions: TNinSC
Don't believe the huep....tenn will get curb stomped....3 wins at beat this year!
Ain't you a charmer, though. VN is so grateful to have a relatively new poster to bring us great insight like you do. On the reasonable govols hand, if Hooker is near 100% and our srarters aren't too beat up to be effective, I think we come out of here with a W.

Reactions: Hairy Vols
We NEED this win BADLY. Not just "because"...but at some point in this season...There will have to be a significant win to clearly demonstrate that "there's a new sheriff in town and a new day in Big Orange Football".
The sooner that win happens, against a conference opponent...the better it will be for this team's prospects, for recruiting, etc.
Beating Vandy decisively can't be "that win".
I believe we can get "that win" against Missouri this Saturday and if we do it will brighten this program in significant ways that can be hard to quantify but are very real nonetheless.
GBO..!!!!

To declaw a tiger, you must first subdue the tiger.
A net is less effective than a tranquilizer dart,
But a Barnes Buster bullet will get you a floor rug.

MZ, SC, and KY are our bellwether games. If we have truly improved (as about 98% of VN claimed after the Florida 24-point loss), we should beat each of these teams handily.

If MZ is a nail biter, someone needs to get back to work on Sunday.

Agree that those are the bellwether games. But we don’t have to win all three handily to show we’ve improved. Winning all 3 by any margin likely gets Tennessee to 7-5. Pretty sure that’s an improvement over 3-7. So is taking 2 of those 3 and going 6-6.

If Hooker can play I'll think we can win this one if we stop beating ourselves.No TOs. No DUMB Penalties.

VN Store

Back