Who's with me on this ?

This is how accepting mediocrity changes a fanbase.
There's a difference between accepting mediocrity and acknowledging the reality that we are currently a mediocre team. Doesn't mean we'll always be, but it's a fact that we are now

MZou will not be an easy game like some of you seem to think.
If not then it will be because UT makes the kinds of mistakes they made against Pitt.

We are not more talented than they are, probably even but with injuries maybe less than for Sat.
Yes. UT is a significantly more talented team than MU. I said this before August. They have talent gaps throughout their roster. Pinkel built a system that worked to get MU from bad to middling and won the East at a rare time when UF, UT, and UGA all sucked at the same time. His system was always bound to be hit and miss. You can only depend on finding diamonds in the rough to a certain point. You may have peaks but you can expect valleys too. Pinkel saw both... and he was really good at finding players that could be developed from 200 lb LB's to 270 lb DE's. At their peak, some of their OL's were unranked as recruits and had offers to FCS and DII teams. Pinkel... retired.

MU hired Odom. Talent was declining under Pinkel the last few years then Odom had no clue how to find those guys. He was fired specifically because he could not find talent. That's what Drink was left. Right now they have Two 4* DL's on their roster. One is a Fr and not in their 3 deep. A 3* Fr IS in their two deep.

Folks like you whine about how untalented UT's roster is. Currently MU has NINE 4* on their roster. UT has three 5* and 26 4*. I'm not an absolute believer in recruiting rankings... but they don't miss by this much. UT has more talent. It isn't close.

I hope Heuple comes up with a terrific O plan and the team can execute it and we outscore them but it will be a battle to the end. Of course if Milton starts then all bets are off.
It could be a battle to the end. It should be UT in control from start to finish if the Vols play reasonably clean football. If Milton starts then he will run and throw the short stuff. UT should still win.

If not then it will be because UT makes the kinds of mistakes they made against Pitt.

Yes. UT is a significantly more talented team than MU. I said this before August. They have talent gaps throughout their roster. Pinkel built a system that worked to get MU from bad to middling and won the East at a rare time when UF, UT, and UGA all sucked at the same time. His system was always bound to be hit and miss. You can only depend on finding diamonds in the rough to a certain point. You may have peaks but you can expect valleys too. Pinkel saw both... and he was really good at finding players that could be developed from 200 lb LB's to 270 lb DE's. At their peak, some of their OL's were unranked as recruits and had offers to FCS and DII teams. Pinkel... retired.

MU hired Odom. Talent was declining under Pinkel the last few years then Odom had no clue how to find those guys. He was fired specifically because he could not find talent. That's what Drink was left. Right now they have Two 4* DL's on their roster. One is a Fr and not in their 3 deep. A 3* Fr IS in their two deep.

Folks like you whine about how untalented UT's roster is. Currently MU has NINE 4* on their roster. UT has three 5* and 26 4*. I'm not an absolute believer in recruiting rankings... but they don't miss by this much. UT has more talent. It isn't close.

It could be a battle to the end. It should be UT in control from start to finish if the Vols play reasonably clean football. If Milton starts then he will run and throw the short stuff. UT should still win.

These are really good points. UT still has a lot of the same players on our current roster that were part of the 23 point win against MIZZOU last season. I know each year is different but the games are won and lost on the LOS. Many of those big uglies are still here.

Reactions: igotworms
Perhaps I'm a hopeless negavol or severely afflicted with BVS, but I'll have to see it before I believe it. There are glimmers of hope thus far but not enough for me to feel confident of a road SEC win, much less a beat-down.

It never ceases to amaze me how Vol fans overestimate the talent-level of our teams. Vols might very well win this game, but it won’t be because it is some blatant mismatch. I think it fits very well in the “toss up” category, which essentially is what Vegas did by giving Mizzou the customary three points at home.

Don't believe the huep....tenn will get curb stomped....3 wins at beat this year!

We could be sending a team of players that are all paraplegic and I'd still believe we were going to win until we actually lost. Otherwise why bother rooting? How is that fun?

Agree that those are the bellwether games. But we don’t have to win all three handily to show we’ve improved. Winning all 3 by any margin likely gets Tennessee to 7-5. Pretty sure that’s an improvement over 3-7. So is taking 2 of those 3 and going 6-6.

In year one of the Pruitt era we ended up 5-7, so one could argue that if we get to 6-6 it is an improvement. Year two of the Pruitt era we went 7-5. Heupel will have to get us to 8-4 in 2022 to be trend worthy.

I thank the crack in our confidence came earlier on the overthrow or missed catch that in all likelihood would have been a TD. I sensed the past "here we go again" mind set that the miss FG just helped along.

We have to start connecting on the deep ball. In the first three games we were just 2 of 17 on passes of 20+ yards. Had Hooker been the starter from day one, I imagine those numbers would be much better. Good teams make those completions.

We have to start connecting on the deep ball. In the first three games we were just 2 of 17 on passes of 20+ yards. Had Hooker been the starter from day one, I imagine those numbers would be much better. Good teams make those completions.

Maybe a little. But I feel neither one of them are even average passers.

I think we will win, but not sure about obliterating them. It's going to be raining all day there, so that may slow the game down. I picked 41-28 Vols to win, but I may revise that now to something like 24-14 with the weather situation.

It never ceases to amaze me how Vol fans overestimate the talent-level of our teams. Vols might very well win this game, but it won’t be because it is some blatant mismatch. I think it fits very well in the “toss up” category, which essentially is what Vegas did by giving Mizzou the customary three points at home.
Could it be, that on our own site amongst our own peeps, we can be free to raise a mug and yell, Huzzah! And WGWTFA! ... completely apart from needing to analytically dissect the current status of our team and next opponent? We can do either thing, or both, but it is a bit like apples and oranges, imho.

We have to play well to win any game, we for sure can win this game but we will have to play good football and we can't make silly mistakes and turnovers. Win, that's what I care about. You can never let your guard down in the SEC. We need to come ready to play 4 quarters of good football. GBO!!!!!!

We are going to shock the world & obliterate the Missouri Tighas !!!!! Just a gut feeling the UT players have had enough & are going to score & score on them. Total domination!!!

You with me ?
No sure beating Tennessee beating Missouri would shock the world. Not sure the world is even paying attention.

We are going to shock the world & obliterate the Missouri Tighas !!!!! Just a gut feeling the UT players have had enough & are going to score & score on them. Total domination!!!

You with me ?
It’s pretty sad when beating Missouri is characterized as “shocking the world.”

I think people underestimate the affect of missing that FG right before half had on our locker room at halftime. We came out extremely flat in the third quarter, and like well-coached teams do, Florida took complete advantage of it.
Damn. So in addition to not having elite talent or depth, you also propose that our team is incredibly mentally weak.

Damn. So in addition to not having elite talent or depth, you also propose that our team is incredibly mentally weak.

You must not have not played many sports. Either that, or you really don’t understand how psychology works.

Oddmakers rate this game a tossup, which I think is about right.

It’s pretty sad when beating Missouri is characterized as “shocking the world.”

It’s sad when Vandy is the only team in the SEC that UT matches up with……. It’s been that way for awhile now

VN Store

Back