Why did the cops ask Vol fan to sit down last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me, are there instances of sober, albeit enthusiastic, fans who are issued citations and even carted off to jail by the KPD for refusing to sit when authorities instruct them to do so? Some posts appear to insinuate this is actually the case. If this is verifiably true, then Neyland Stadium has become an Orwellian arena lorded over by none other than Big Brother himself. Such abuse of authority always merits citizen retaliation in the form of a mighty hefty measure of civil disobedience.

Established and clearly articulated rules of conduct are one thing. (In fact, they are needed in a setting where 100,000 people are squeezed together in butt-to-belly fashion.). A person of authority making up those rules on the fly is another thing because doing so leads to chaos and blatant abuse of power. We should never tolerate such abuse regardless of where it occurs.

Of course, I admit I am a child of the 60's, so some will view me as being over the top on this issue.

Last edited:
Fortunately the people in front of me stand up the entire game so I get to as well.

Wouldn't bother me any. I have stood behind the students before a whole game. We won so that made it better. When I go to a high school game I usually stand behind the chain link fence the whole game so that is not much different.

If the person in front of me stands and I want to see, I stand as well. If the person in front of me is sitting, I sit as well. When I arrive, I take note of the folks behind me. If they are elderly or very young and small, I do all I can to sit as much as possible. Since I'm very unique and talented, I can actually cheer just as loudly from a seated position as I can while standing. Bottom line.....respect those around you. Don't be a selfish, self absorbed prick.
That cannot be said enough

Reactions: 1 person
Had standers in front of us. They were in the first row, upper deck, stood on offense but didn't cheer, sat on defense. That is why standers are generally F'ing stupid.

If you're supposed to remain seated then why aren't there seatbelts?

If you are supposed to stand and be an ass the whole game why even bother with seats? They just make cleaning up more difficult?

But wait, those seats must have a purpose!

If you are supposed to stand and be an ass the whole game why even bother with seats? They just make cleaning up more difficult?

But wait, those seats must have a purpose!

I wasn't advocating standing the whole time. I think I am allowed to stand and cheer as I see fit though.

It's aggravating when they stand on the bench not just stand up. Security said they could not ask them to just stand up instead of standing up on the bench. There is a big difference but you just have to make do if you want to enjoy the game.

if the police order you to sit down and you do not, can you be arrested and incarcerated for the weekend??

I don't suspect we will have any problems at the South Carolina game which is our next home game on November 7th. There was one drunk South Carolina fan in 2013 that was a little noisy but he was the only one I saw complaining about our fans that day.

I had to tell a guy sitting behind me to shut the hell up in the first half of the Georgia game. This guy was probably 30 years old, and non-stop screaming and berating our own players. This guy apparently loved to hear himself yell and give his opinion of every play that was run during the game. At one point he yelled "you were a 5-star, do something" at specific Tennessee players. It was effing embarrassing. Of course when I called him out on acting like an idiot and pissing off everyone around him, he acted like I was the one acting out of line. Luckily, he left at halftime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back