Why is it okay for CBJ to burn Dobbs RS but Dooley was an idiot?

Do you really want to throw a RS Sophomore out there?

At this point I think we should do paper/rock/scissors to determine the starter.

I don't think any of our QBs will be a star in 2017. One of the new QBs coming in next year might.

At this point I think we should do paper/rock/scissors to determine the starter.

I don't think any of our QBs will be a star in 2017. One of the new QBs coming in next year might.

I'm still trying to determine how starting behind this line can be classified as "winning" the job.

Don't have a problem with burning a redshirt to win now but the timing sucks. If Butch felt the need to do such we should have seen Dobbs in way before now. If the mark to gain is being bowl eligible then why would you allow a gift wrapped victory in Florida slip away with Worley. I mean if your were so inclined to burn the red shirt this year why not put him in the second half of the Georgia game. At least he could run to escape danger till Worley could come back in.

This is crazy! So you expect a coach to make a decision looking through a crystal ball? Do you think that Coaches can predict the future? Do you think CBJ would have even started Worley, if he new he was going to perform like he has?
Surely, vol brother, you don't believe coaches have the power to accurately predict all future events?

Bingo. There was absolutely no reason whatsoever for Dooley putting Worley in that game.
Here is the deal about Dooley playing Worley in that game.

1) Bray got hurt in the 5th game against Georgia.

2) Nobody knew how long that Bray would be out. It was guessed at 4-6 weeks as I recall.

3) Simms was the qb , and Worley was the backup at that point.

4) How could Dooley possibly know that Worley would even be at U.T. in 4 more years? See Riley Ferguson.

5) How could Dooley know if Worley would be needed at qb in 4 years, or if he would be a complete bust, or if he would leave early or transfer? See Joey Matthews, Brandon Stewart, or Tyler Bray.

6) The game that Worley first played in was the 7th game. Bray missed the next 3 games. I can see the need to provide the backup some live action.

7) Would it not make sense to give your backup a few snaps, in case the starter (Simms) got hurt?

There is one lesson that we need to teach to any QB we have that plays whomever that may be. Ball security, ball security, ball security

When Worley was playing well all I read was how dumb Dooley was for burning his redshirt.

Now all I see is "Put Dobbs in! Forget the redshirt!"

What gives?

Either way :cray:

Since Peyton is'nt on the bench what would you expect? All the people wanting to see Peterman need to just turn in their man cards, football knowledge cards now.

When Worley was playing well all I read was how dumb Dooley was for burning his redshirt.

What gives?

Because Dooley had two other QBs who made NFL rosters on his team at the time. And instead, he decided to play Worley.

Because Dooley had two other QBs who made NFL rosters on his team at the time. And instead, he decided to play Worley.

You are giving Simms way to much credit. Yeah he carried a clip board for a very short time but he was never really going to play.

You are giving Simms way to much credit. Yeah he carried a clip board for a very short time but he was never really going to play.

He made an NFL squad. That isn't something that any QB can do. Playing him late in a blowout would have been the smart decision.

He made an NFL squad. That isn't something that any QB can do. Playing him late in a blowout would have been the smart decision.

I should have made my point a little better. Dooley chose to start Worley over Simms but only after Simms played absolutely horrible. Bray was hurt so Dooley had no choice. Simms was completing less then 40% of his passes and averaging 5 yards a completion.

Calling Dooley an idiot is an insult to idiots everywhere.......

Dooley burnt Worley's redshirt cause he was pissed off at Matt Simms. Simms was healthy and no need to play Worley in a blow-out game in the 2nd half at bama....

What gives?

the fact that you are questioning whether Dooley was dumb tells me everything

Calling Dooley an idiot is an insult to idiots everywhere.......

Dooley burnt Worley's redshirt cause he was pissed off at Matt Simms. Simms was healthy and no need to play Worley in a blow-out game in the 2nd half at bama....

If you're talking about the 2012 season Worley had played before the Alabama game so that didn't burn his redshirt. If you mean 2011 just check Simms stats after Bray's injury. Worley played in several games not just a few snaps. If Worley were back next year it would be chaos. Worley, Peterman, Dobbs, Dormady, Jennings. Not enough snaps in practice for that.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back