Why is it okay for CBJ to burn Dobbs RS but Dooley was an idiot?

Thread title? :crazy:

How is it possible for the words, "Dooley was an idiot" to be followed by a question mark? It should only be followed by, rarely, a period, but mostly with a bunch of !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Burning Dobbs redshirt will burn us in the long run. This is the case of Immediate satisfaction vs. letting a player be way better in the long haul. I doubt Dobbs is going to make enough difference to make the redshirt worth burning. Having Dobbs an additional year on the back end would lead to 2 or 3 times more wins.

Expecting Dobbs to carry this team is just a fantasy.

Not sure it matters for the future, Dobbs is not the answer. Hopefully, he can be a good stop gap until we can recruit a true stud. I am not sure if one of the 15 recruits will pan out but got to recruit until we find one.

When Worley was playing well all I read was how dumb Dooley was for burning his redshirt.

Now all I see is "Put Dobbs in! Forget the redshirt!"

What gives?

Either way :cray:
Worley maybe hurt beyond repair. We may be getting Dobbs ready because it's Peterman and him. Peterman doesn't instill a lot of trust from me. He seems like a concussion waiting to happen.

So now it's a broken hand eh? Jeez.

Damn guys, for the last time.... Peterman DID NOT enter that game with a broken thumb. It evidently happened, though I've never read or heard definitively, on the first drive of the second quarter, while throwing his first interception into triple coverage. Interestingly enough, he came back into the game, continued to throw and evidently grip the ball as normal until he threw his 2nd interception with 3:45 to go in the half....at that point, on his LAST throw of the game, it appeared that his thumb was an issue as it fluttered from his hand.

Either way, before or after the injury, he was absolutely awful. It was his poise, his decision-making. If you look at his stats either before or after when the injury supposedly happened, you see no difference. He was inept from the opening snap until he was taken out of the game.

And it hasn't improved. He looked like steaming $h** against UGA this year. In fact, I will go on the record and say if Peterman did not come in (Worley didn't get injured) we would've beaten UGA.

Peterman may mature into a great QB someday, but it's hardly probable at this point based on what I've seen.

There just isn't enough to compare the two. And I never said that Peterman was the answer. All I am saying is it can't get much worse and all of your criticism of Peterman describes Worley to a tee each and every Saturday......lack of poise, terrible decision making, fumbles, sacks. You make it hard to differentiate between the two. Peterman has had, what, one full week of 1st team preparation, and you are going to judge him on that one performance at UF. My point is, Worley continually makes the same mistakes week in and week out, has improved minimally since last year.......Peterman had a terrible performance in his one and only start and hasn't really had a chance to show if he has improved or not. He's thrown a whopping 40 passes, give or take a few, in his career and never had the chance to get settled in and build confidence against a subpar team. Again, I'm not saying he's the answer, but give me something to go on.

Start Peterman from here on out and I promise you we will lose every remaining game on the schedule, probably even Vandy. He's just that bad.

There just isn't enough to compare the two. And I never said that Peterman was the answer. All I am saying is it can't get much worse and all of your criticism of Peterman describes Worley to a tee each and every Saturday......lack of poise, terrible decision making, fumbles, sacks. You make it hard to differentiate between the two. Peterman has had, what, one full week of 1st team preparation, and you are going to judge him on that one performance at UF. My point is, Worley continually makes the same mistakes week in and week out, has improved minimally since last year.......Peterman had a terrible performance in his one and only start and hasn't really had a chance to show if he has improved or not. He's thrown a whopping 40 passes, give or take a few, in his career and never had the chance to get settled in and build confidence against a subpar team. Again, I'm not saying he's the answer, but give me something to go on.

Appreciate the civil response. We just disagree on evaluations of the two Qbs.

Don't have a problem with burning a redshirt to win now but the timing sucks. If Butch felt the need to do such we should have seen Dobbs in way before now. If the mark to gain is being bowl eligible then why would you allow a gift wrapped victory in Florida slip away with Worley. I mean if your were so inclined to burn the red shirt this year why not put him in the second half of the Georgia game. At least he could run to escape danger till Worley could come back in.

If people can't tell the difference between Dooley and Jones...I've got some awesome gulf coast property to sell you in North Dakota...

Don't have a problem with burning a redshirt to win now but the timing sucks. If Butch felt the need to do such we should have seen Dobbs in way before now. If the mark to gain is being bowl eligible then why would you allow a gift wrapped victory in Florida slip away with Worley. I mean if your were so inclined to burn the red shirt this year why not put him in the second half of the Georgia game. At least he could run to escape danger till Worley could come back in.

You do understand that this all hinged on Worley being healthy all year...right? They tried to make a go of it with just Peterman as the backup...if it didn't work, I see little to have issue with.

The best I remember Bray was not injured and Dooley still put Worley in for the last series of a game against Bama that was out of hand and let him hand it off three times.

Bingo. There was absolutely no reason whatsoever for Dooley putting Worley in that game.

This is the third thread I've been on in 2 days with this same conversation about our QB'S. I keep reading how bad Worley is, how bad Peterman is, and how bad Dobbs was last year... Guys the bigger picture here is we just aren't that good of a team right now period. We're a middle tier team that can beat the lower tier, but we are outmatched badly by the upper tier. We kinda suck, except for the defense. Which is exactly why NOW is the time to mix it up some and try something new..and by new I'm referring to Dobbs..Look, he has had a whole offseason and half this season to improve. I guarantee he has improved just by being coached up all these last months. We are this close to being eliminated from a bowl game ALREADY and we still have 5 games..thats just reality... why not use him... that's why he is here, to play football..he IS a bigger threat than Peterman..what have we to lose, not going bowling? His redshirt? I don't want this season to end and not know if Dobbs could've helped us move the damn ball, cause right now we suck.

This is the third thread I've been on in 2 days with this same conversation about our QB'S. I keep reading how bad Worley is, how bad Peterman is, and how bad Dobbs was last year... Guys the bigger picture here is we just aren't that good of a team right now period. We're a middle tier team that can beat the lower tier, but we are outmatched badly by the upper tier. We kinda suck, except for the defense. Which is exactly why NOW is the time to mix it up some and try something new..and by new I'm referring to Dobbs..Look, he has had a whole offseason and half this season to improve. I guarantee he has improved just by being coached up all these last months. We are this close to being eliminated from a bowl game ALREADY and we still have 5 games..thats just reality... why not use him... that's why he is here, to play football..he IS a bigger threat than Peterman..what have we to lose, not going bowling? His redshirt? I don't want this season to end and not know if Dobbs could've helped us move the damn ball, cause right now we suck.

Hahaha long intro then
Boom

Would you rather have 4 games of Dobbs this year, or 12-14 games with him in 2017?

VN Store

Back