Why is it okay for CBJ to burn Dobbs RS but Dooley was an idiot?

Worley was fools gold and in the end, who cares if his redshirt was burnt.

You're referring to people who thought he was actually good. Now they realize he isn't.

I regret choosing a Worley avatar prior to the season. He's terrible, and it's not just the line. Maybe he can stare down some more receivers. Scanning the field isn't an option for the Worley man.

You can change your avatar..just saying..

And if Worley had time to sit in the pocket he would be an excellent QB.

Nathan Peterman is the #2 QB. Now consider his body of work. He has gone 15-33 for 65 yards and 2 interceptions. It wouldn’t surprise me if he is listed at #2 simply because the coaching staff wants to redshirt Dobbs. :eek:k:

If Dobbs was an option to win games. He'd be playing. I have never understood this dichotomy from those that like Dobbs. On one hand he's this rare gift ready to be unleashed and certainly superior to Peterman. On the other hand he couldn't even challenge Worley for starting job. It doesn't jive no matter how much you love his Mizzou performance.

Reactions: 2 people
If Dobbs was an option to win games. He'd be playing. I have never understood this dichotomy from those that like Dobbs. On one hand he's this rare gift ready to be unleashed and certainly superior to Peterman. On the other hand he couldn't even challenge Worley for starting job. It doesn't jive no matter how much you love his Mizzou performance.

Worley would have had to be horrible and completely ineffective and Dobbs completely polished for Dobbs to supplant him this year...that wasn't true. I don't see why it's so difficult for Dobbs haters to see that Butch envisioned a possible three years of Dobbs as a starter...with that in mind why waste that for a handful of plays? That covers why he hasn't played. If he wasn't considered the possible future why attempt to save a year of eligibility? Coaches HAVE to think long term possibilities...it's possible one of our QB recruits comes in gangbusters and seizes the job...but that's an unknown...Butch is trying to build up options...hope this helps.

Worley was fools gold and in the end, who cares if his redshirt was burnt.

You're referring to people who thought he was actually good. Now they realize he isn't.

I regret choosing a Worley avatar prior to the season. He's terrible, and it's not just the line. Maybe he can stare down some more receivers. Scanning the field isn't an option for the Worley man.
What an a hole you are....wish justin could shove a ball down your throat... Quit dogging players...who are you?

Reactions: 1 person
That's why he is on the Cowboys staff, who are 6 and one :eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

No one's ever argued that he isn't a good position coach...Sunseri as well...the basis of this was his decisions as a head coach...maniacal laughing emoticons fit better there. :thumbsup:

When Worley was playing well all I read was how dumb Dooley was for burning his redshirt.

Now all I see is "Put Dobbs in! Forget the redshirt!"

What gives?

Either way :cray:

Because despite the things Dooley did right he's a blame dumpster.

Everything is Dooley's fault...ebola...ISIS...

Worley would have had to be horrible and completely ineffective and Dobbs completely polished for Dobbs to supplant him this year...that wasn't true. I don't see why it's so difficult for Dobbs haters to see that Butch envisioned a possible three years of Dobbs as a starter...with that in mind why waste that for a handful of plays? That covers why he hasn't played. If he wasn't considered the possible future why attempt to save a year of eligibility? Coaches HAVE to think long term possibilities...it's possible one of our QB recruits comes in gangbusters and seizes the job...but that's an unknown...Butch is trying to build up options...hope this helps.

I will answer that for you with numbers.

3-4
0-3

FTR I do not hate Dobbs in the least I just don't think he's that much better or better than anyone else. I also believe the coaches when they say he's number 3.

Last edited:
Dooley was an idiot for not starting Bray as a freshman and not putting the ball in Patterson's hands 25x a game his last yr.

When Worley was playing well all I read was how dumb Dooley was for burning his redshirt.

What gives?

When was he playing well? I must have missed that. I remember his 105 yd. pick 6 in his 49-7 loss to Ark.

What gives?

Some of us never thought getting Worley on the field was a bad idea.

Some of us never thought getting Worley on the field was a bad idea.

When these threads started I posted that IMO Dooley didn't have a choice after Bray's injury. No one knew if Bray was coming back that year and if so, how effective. Would have been real "moronic" to plan on Simms taking every snap thereafter.

I will answer that for you with numbers.

3-4
0-3

FTR I do not hate Dobbs in the least I just don't think he's that much better or better than anyone else. I also believe the coaches when they say he's number 3.

2B.
Still behind Peterman but it seems important to some posters

Dude, wtf?? You boil it down to that? Please go watch the Florida game again. Peterman was utterly awful vs Florida, showed no signs of an injured thumb til 3:45 left in the first half. Under Peterman our offense put up 0 points, 4 turnovers, and 4 yards on 24 plays. Peterman's thumb was not the issue...

First of all, I don't have a dog in this fight. I'll be delighted to see a QB materialize, no matter who.

Now I have to ask: have you ever had a fracture or other serious injury? You'd be surprised how long it takes for the pain to really hit. I broke my hand on an airplane prop, and other than watching it immediately swell to the size of a cantaloupe and feel kind of achy, it wasn't that bad; not till I got to the ER and started the three-hour wait. In a game situation, and without a lot of swelling, I can easily see trying to play, and not very well, until the endorphins wear off, and then wham.

I'm not psychic and don't know exactly what happened that day, but guess what, neither do you.

Dude, wtf?? You boil it down to that? Please go watch the Florida game again. Peterman was utterly awful vs Florida, showed no signs of an injured thumb til 3:45 left in the first half. Under Peterman our offense put up 0 points, 4 turnovers, and 4 yards on 24 plays. Peterman's thumb was not the issue.

But if worley put up those numbers and later discovered he had a broken hand you would be saying..."what a tough kid, he did his best"

Reactions: 2 people
If Dobbs is that damn awesome you must think the coaches are dumb as hell I mean they buried him to 2b or not 2b on the depth chart.

Who the hell said he's awesome? Just comparing his performance to Peterman's performance under similar circumstances. Dobbs did much better, showed some potential while Peterman was utterly feckless for a guy who's been in a college program for an additional year. Dobbs has not shown himself to be the answer to this point at all and I've not said that he has. Meanwhile, Peterman has yet to show that he can handle any aspect of being a division 1 qb at any point in time outside of on a practice field, which, at the end of the day, hasn't really shown to matter much for him on Saturdays.

Not sure why this is so difficult for a lot you guys to grasp. To sum up.... Dobbs not shown to be the guy, hasn't won the job....still a much better option on gameday, based on last year's performances, than Peterman, who has shown to be utterly inept when the bullets start flying.

But if worley put up those numbers and later discovered he had a broken hand you would be saying..."what a tough kid, he did his best"

So now it's a broken hand eh? Jeez.

Damn guys, for the last time.... Peterman DID NOT enter that game with a broken thumb. It evidently happened, though I've never read or heard definitively, on the first drive of the second quarter, while throwing his first interception into triple coverage. Interestingly enough, he came back into the game, continued to throw and evidently grip the ball as normal until he threw his 2nd interception with 3:45 to go in the half....at that point, on his LAST throw of the game, it appeared that his thumb was an issue as it fluttered from his hand.

Either way, before or after the injury, he was absolutely awful. It was his poise, his decision-making. If you look at his stats either before or after when the injury supposedly happened, you see no difference. He was inept from the opening snap until he was taken out of the game.

Dude, wtf?? You boil it down to that? Please go watch the Florida game again. Peterman was utterly awful vs Florida, showed no signs of an injured thumb til 3:45 left in the first half. Under Peterman our offense put up 0 points, 4 turnovers, and 4 yards on 24 plays. Peterman's thumb was not the issue.

As far as Dobbs vs Vandy, he played very poorly, as did the WR corps, which didn't include North....still, we had the game won after Dobbs's td run late in the 4th had Pig not needlessly blocked a Vandy player in the back.

They are not equally terrible. That's an incredibly lazy statement. In Peterman's first start at top 20 Florida, he was arguably the worst qb in our school's, our conference's history. In Dobbs' first start at top 10 Mizzou, Dobbs set a UT freshman record for completions, threw for 240 yds (235 more than Peterman vs Fla) and led the team in rushing.

Equally terrible....wtmf??

Either way, before or after the injury, he was absolutely awful. It was his poise, his decision-making. If you look at his stats either before or after when the injury supposedly happened, you see no difference. He was inept from the opening snap until he was taken out of the game.

And Worley's poise and decision making has been top notch.....ha. And he's had 4 years to improve.

And Worley's poise and decision making has been top notch.....ha. And he's had 4 years to improve.

Worley's been, by far, the best option at qb for Tennessee the last 2 years. You're not really gonna try to compare what he's done vs what Peterman's done are you? Wanna compare for us last year's first half with Peterman vs Florida and last year's second half with Worley?

At the time, Worley was in his first year as a full time starter, had made all of 3 starts. Peterman was named starter in the 4th game of the season. It's nearly as fair a comparison as you can make.....vs same team, same players, same venue, game was still competitive so Worley was playing vs the same starters that Peterman did. Go do your own offensive analysis when each qb played and get back with us, would ya??

If you care to extend your research, compare Worley's play vs Georgia this year, vs Peterman's play vs Georgia this year. True, sample sizes are different, Peterman only got 19 snaps to Worley's 59. However, Peterman, although he surely improved vs last year's Florida game, was 4-9 for 20 yds, a shared fumble, a 14 yard sack and an intentional grounding during his short stint. Needless to say, Worley was considerably better.

Worley's been, by far, the best option at qb for Tennessee the last 2 years. You're not really gonna try to compare what he's done vs what Peterman's done are you? Wanna compare for us last year's first half with Peterman vs Florida and last year's second half with Worley?

At the time, Worley was in his first year as a full time starter, had made all of 3 starts. Peterman was named starter in the 4th game of the season. It's nearly as fair a comparison as you can make.....vs same team, same players, same venue, game was still competitive so Worley was playing vs the same starters that Peterman did. Go do your own offensive analysis when each qb played and get back with us, would ya??

If you care to extend your research, compare Worley's play vs Georgia this year, vs Peterman's play vs Georgia this year. True, sample sizes are different, Peterman only got 19 snaps to Worley's 59. However, Peterman, although he surely improved vs last year's Florida game, was 4-9 for 20 yds, a shared fumble, a 14 yard sack and an intentional grounding during his short stint. Needless to say, Worley was considerably better.

There just isn't enough to compare the two. And I never said that Peterman was the answer. All I am saying is it can't get much worse and all of your criticism of Peterman describes Worley to a tee each and every Saturday......lack of poise, terrible decision making, fumbles, sacks. You make it hard to differentiate between the two. Peterman has had, what, one full week of 1st team preparation, and you are going to judge him on that one performance at UF. My point is, Worley continually makes the same mistakes week in and week out, has improved minimally since last year.......Peterman had a terrible performance in his one and only start and hasn't really had a chance to show if he has improved or not. He's thrown a whopping 40 passes, give or take a few, in his career and never had the chance to get settled in and build confidence against a subpar team. Again, I'm not saying he's the answer, but give me something to go on.

VN Store

Back