Will a Vol running back go over 100 yds against SC

He would be a good one to ask.

SC is lesser, this will be a record breaking type game. The cluck clucks are in trouble.

The only thing that concerns me is the Muschamp factor. Yeah I know he sucks, South Carolina sucks but he always seemed to make CBJ piss down his leg. Tennessee should dominate but something feels off.

The only thing that concerns me is the Muschamp factor. Yeah I know he sucks, South Carolina sucks but he always seemed to make CBJ piss down his leg. Tennessee should dominate but something feels off.

Your 1st post threw me off.

It won't matter this year we have a much better team and like you said both the cluck clucks and Hulkchimp are by definition disappointments.

Missouri, Kentucky and Vanderbilt. What do these teams have in common? Neither have the RB/QB talent that Tennessee has. Yet all three have more rushing yards. Thats just beyond sad.

None of them have played the competition that we've played either. UF, A&M, VT, and Bama have some of the best defenses in the country.

We're going to gash the cocks. I think we have 2 of the 3 of Hurd, Dobbs, and Kelly over 100 yards

Reactions: 1 person
If we don't have a RB go over 100, it will be bad news IMO. Us running well is a big key to executing this game like we should.

We will play as conservative as possible, I hope it doesn't keep it so close it's hard to enjoy the win.

Go Vols!

Why do you think we play conservative? I think just the opposite. Butch needs to get confidence back in the players after that bad loss. What do we have to lose with throwing the book at em? We need to be running scores up the rest of the season to keep any glimmer of hope for making the playoff. It could still happen with an SEC championship but we need to be dominant for the remainder of the season.

Why do you think we play conservative? I think just the opposite. Butch needs to get confidence back in the players after that bad loss. What do we have to lose with throwing the book at em? We need to be running scores up the rest of the season to keep any glimmer of hope for making the playoff. It could still happen with an SEC championship but we need to be dominant for the remainder of the season.

The only stat that mattered is the win/ loss column. We are a mismatch across the board, why open it up when vanilla will win? #120 does not need a confidence boost, that's not the issue, the problem has been consistent execution and bama has some good players.

Win out and let the chips fall.

Plan C all the way to Tampa.

The only stat that mattered is the win/ loss column. We are a mismatch across the board, why open it up when vanilla will win? #120 does not need a confidence boost, that's not the issue, the problem has been consistent execution and bama has some good players.

Win out and let the chips fall.

Plan C all the way to Tampa.

I disagree. If 2 teams finish the season with the same record but one wins by 40+ every game and the other struggles and barely beats inferior competition which would you choose? Dominant wins matter, especially when it's against teams you're expected to dominate.

Reactions: 2 people
I disagree. If 2 teams finish the season with the same record but one wins by 40+ every game and the other struggles and barely beats inferior competition which would you choose? Dominant wins matter, especially when it's against teams you're expected to dominate.

Only if the two teams play a very similar schedule. That's not the case. We need help but margin of victory isn't the kind we need.

Florida needs to lose one SEC game to open the door to the conference playoff, a win there opens the door to the nationals(we need top teams to keep losing).

All the way to Tampa.

Eh I dont know if it matters as much as you think. I could be wrong though. Is there a list of criteria that the CF committee uses to determine who gets in?

lol..500 yards passing.. 300 hundred yards on defense against.

80 yards rushing.

#stepitup

Dobbs definitely will and I think Hurd will too. He will come out playing pissed off.

Eh I dont know if it matters as much as you think. I could be wrong though. Is there a list of criteria that the CF committee uses to determine who gets in?

It matters. Quality of opponents and margin of victory are 2 huge factors. "Getting the W is all that matters" is such a cliche statement. If Louisville wasn't beating the holy hell out of everyone they play they wouldn't be sitting at #5 with 1 loss. If Michigan wasn't running the score up on everyone they play they wouldn't be sitting at #2 right now. If we had more convincing wins over our opponents instead of come from behind, barely wins, we'd be sitting higher than 18th right now with our only 2 losses against the #1 team in the country and 2OT on the road against top 10 A&M. If y'all think that running the score up and winning convincingly doesn't matter you're crazy.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back