Will a Vol running back go over 100 yds against SC

3 backs will go over 1 hundred yards;

Dobbs
Hurd
Byrd

Byrd, playing as a wideout, will get more receiving yards than rushing. Unless he breaks one or two really long ones. And that won't break my heart at all.

Missouri, Kentucky and Vanderbilt. What do these teams have in common? Neither have the RB/QB talent that Tennessee has. Yet all three have more rushing yards. Thats just beyond sad.
Had those teams played VT, UF, aTm and bama you'd have ridiculously different numbers. In response to OP's query: Let's figure Muschamp, as one poster suggested, will start the game stacking the box. It's no secret that the chickens are the poorest tackling group in the SEC. Hurd will feast on those kids, first.....wearing them down by causing two or three or more to bring him down time after time. Then, due to the awful slowness of those boys, Dobbs' and Jelly's ability to go 'round the edge will make them hesitate = more rushing yards for Mister Hurd. Add to this defensive dilemma a radically revived Tennessee OL (I see Jack and Chance bullying those chickies all night long), and therefore predict 150+ yards for Mister Hurd, close to or over 100 for Mister Dobbs and an eye-popping show by next year's SEC RB superstar, John (Jelly) Kelly. AMIRIGHT?::yes:

had those teams played vt, uf, atm and bama you'd have ridiculously different numbers. In response to op's query: Let's figure muschamp, as one poster suggested, will start the game stacking the box. It's no secret that the chickens are the poorest tackling group in the sec. Hurd will feast on those kids, first.....wearing them down by causing two or three or more to bring him down time after time. Then, due to the awful slowness of those boys, dobbs' and jelly's ability to go 'round the edge will make them hesitate = more rushing yards for mister hurd. Add to this defensive dilemma a radically revived tennessee ol (i see jack and chance bullying those chickies all night long), and therefore predict 150+ yards for mister hurd, close to or over 100 for mister dobbs and an eye-popping show by next year's sec rb superstar, john (jelly) kelly. Amiright?::yes:

u rite!

Reactions: 1 person
Had those teams played VT, UF, aTm and bama you'd have ridiculously different numbers. In response to OP's query: Let's figure Muschamp, as one poster suggested, will start the game stacking the box. It's no secret that the chickens are the poorest tackling group in the SEC. Hurd will feast on those kids, first.....wearing them down by causing two or three or more to bring him down time after time. Then, due to the awful slowness of those boys, Dobbs' and Jelly's ability to go 'round the edge will make them hesitate = more rushing yards for Mister Hurd. Add to this defensive dilemma a radically revived Tennessee OL (I see Jack and Chance bullying those chickies all night long), and therefore predict 150+ yards for Mister Hurd, close to or over 100 for Mister Dobbs and an eye-popping show by next year's SEC RB superstar, John (Jelly) Kelly. AMIRIGHT?::yes:

We shall see.

I'd like to see a nice mix of Hurd, Dobbs and Kelly tomorrow.....say 15-18 carries for Hurd, and 10-15 apiece for Dobbs and Kelly.

Would also like to see Hurd more involved in the passing game like he was vs Georgia.

I'm hoping Hurd has a good day. Kelly needs to show out again so Dobbs doesn't have to rush for 100. Hurd and Kelly both have big days I'm thinking. Hopefully the O-Line is ready!

VN Store

Back