Will a Vol running back go over 100 yds against SC

Dobbs must run more in all games. The production of the offense as a whole and him personally are night and day when he runs a lot and well.

If someone for Tennessee doesn't rush for 100 or more Vols may lose.

Unless Dobbs, Hurd and Kelly all have 80 plus yards a piece. I'm cool with that.

Reactions: 1 person
Dobbs must run more in all games. The production of the offense as a whole and him personally are night and day when he runs a lot and well.

If someone for Tennessee doesn't rush for 100 or more Vols may lose.

Unless Dobbs, Hurd and Kelly all have 80 plus yards a piece. I'm cool with that.

From here on out, Dobbs can pick his spots and run as needed. We gonna win all of them! Fade & Fiji will even be happy!

Attachments

• vol.jpg
    vol.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 99
The only stat that mattered is the win/ loss column. We are a mismatch across the board, why open it up when vanilla will win? #120 does not need a confidence boost, that's not the issue, the problem has been consistent execution and bama has some good players.

Win out and let the chips fall.

Plan C all the way to Tampa.

Vanilla almost cost them the Appalachian st. Game. Vanilla let Ohio stick around the whole game. You want see vanilla against Sec opponents. Tennessee has to be playing at its best if they hope to make it to Atlanta with a chance to win the game, put the pedal to the floor and hold it down until the game is over.

Reactions: 2 people
Vanilla almost cost them the Appalachian st. Game. Vanilla let Ohio stick around the whole game. You want see vanilla against Sec opponents. Tennessee has to be playing at its best if they hope to make it to Atlanta with a chance to win the game, put the pedal to the floor and hold it down until the game is over.

I agree. They better not go into these games thinking they will just roll over these teams.

Dobbs definitely will and I think Hurd will too. He will come out playing pissed off.

Hurd comes out playing pissed off every game. He runs with as much effort and ferocity as any running back I've ever seen.... that's not the issue with Jalen.

I think we should bring out all of the backs and rotate them aggressively. Bama has shown us that running game by committee is effective at wearing down the defense. Hurd is solid but bring out the others and let them pound it too to keep Hurd fresh. Wish we had Kamara, but we will be fine

I'd like to see a hungry Jalen Hurd break out, he just hasn't had much of a year so far for one reason or another.....he ran better last year that's for sure
Go Vols

I think this will be Hurd's game to remind everyone what he can do. If we run out of I-formation, I think we really get to see what a load he can really be. It's time for his Beast Mode.

I agree. They better not go into these games thinking they will just roll over these teams.
i'm expecting them to come out tight especially on offense. a little tentative due to the layoff, having injured players back etc...a large % of the time they just start slow, like they're trying to get a feel for the game until they pop a big play. i haven't quite fiqured that one out yet but once they find that rythym this sat. i'm hoping they go on a tear. WGWTFA!!!!!

I think this will be Hurd's game to remind everyone what he can do. If we run out of I-formation, I think we really get to see what a load he can really be. It's time for his Beast Mode.

UT has ran some plays, (not many yet), where they use Hurd as a lead blocker. The lone TD scored by AK against Bama was one time i saw it. He got a good lick in on a Bama Linebacker and had UT only needed 6 yds. it looked like that play would have went for more. We may see it this Sat. with kelly behind Hurd. ROCK ON VOLS ! :rock:

Dobbs and Hurd both with Kelly just shy. Hurd with career game if Dobbs can keep on some read plays. Our OL is much better when D has to stay honest.

"D" has to stay honest. To cause this Dobbs has to pass more and better. At times in the Bama game I counted 9! nine! within 5 yrds of the LOS. No O line, no read op. or any kind of run can work very well facing that kind of defense. Must be able to pass good enough to clear the "box" a little.

Hurd comes out playing pissed off every game. He runs with as much effort and ferocity as any running back I've ever seen.... that's not the issue with Jalen.

I disagree. There have been a couple of games where he just hasn't played angry. I know the line has been awful this year but that didn't stop him his freshman season. There's just something not right with him this year. Maybe he's been playing hurt all season? That's the only thing I can think of.

I never want to see vanilla. But I don't see us pulling out all the stops when vanilla wins us the game walking away.

Hurd goes for 130....

Dobbs goes for 110....

Kelly gets about 80.....

Vols win big over the chickins.....:salute:

That is a misleading statistic, UT's schedule was front loaded. Very few teams are going to put up huge rushing yards against A & M, Bama, or Florida not to mention a decent Georgia and Va Tech team. Teams are also stacking the box against UT and forcing Dobbs to beat him with his arm based off of last year's rushing totals for UT.

I disagree. There have been a couple of games where he just hasn't played angry. I know the line has been awful this year but that didn't stop him his freshman season. There's just something not right with him this year. Maybe he's been playing hurt all season? That's the only thing I can think of.

Agree to disagree then. We know he had the concussion vs Georgia but he didn't play with it.....otherwise, he hasn't appeared to be injured at all IMO.

Also, not saying you are, but I personally never have nor will I ever question his effort, the kid runs at 100% every time he carries it IMO. He looks just the same to me this year as he has the last two, only with worse OL play. Jalen just has a limited skill set. He's big and strong and has very good speed and agility "for his size". He just doesn't have great feet, great balance and great burst, and if you don't that behind this bad OL, you're not gonna have good results IMO.

VN Store

Back