Wishful Thinking... One player

Our 2 biggest concerns IMO for this years team is our D Line and QB. So Peyton is a gimmie! I’d say a big force inside like Darwin Walker or Big Albert if he will play more than 2 snaps a series.

On offense it has to be a QB. If this Tennessee team had a better supporting cast the obvious choice is Peyton Manning. However I'm taking the best individual playmaker the Vols ever had at QB Tony Robinson. For defense there are a lot of good choices but because of his ability to inspire others Al Wilson.

I would take our best Offensive linemen ever (Opinions vary) and our best corner back ever (Goodrich?) ...

Yeah, my position of need would be CB, and first named popped up in my memory was Goodrich. Then on further reflection, I remembered Jason Allen who played both safety and CB for us.

Peyton Manning

Minister of Defense

There are a lot of great players to choose from. You could even make a case for a Colquitt.

Some of you guys are high as a kite.

There’s only 1 correct answer. It was the FIRST one given:

Peyton Manning & Reggie White

Reactions: Boogievol
Woow what a hard question to answer.

O - PM
D - EB

if I were granted another wish.

O - Jamal Lewis
D - Doug Atkins

I think the offense this year has a solid stable of backs, wr, and Te. So not going to choose any of the WRU guys, Jamal/Webb/etc. or Witten.
As dominating as some of our OL have been , I think a solid OL would be useless with our QB situation.
I'm taking Josh Dobbs. Highlight real is insane. Athleticism off the charts and an arm that can keep a defense honest. 2 years in a row of averaging almost 40 ppg.

On defense, I like our LB corps a lot so no need to choose any of the legendary backers. As good as Berry and others are in secondary, I feel ok about Warrior and others. I'd like to see a disruptive DL make a QB worry about each and every snap. Taking Leonard Little.

Special teams I'm taking Cordarelle Patterson every day. He's basically what you guys think of Tavon Austin, except actually good.

It's kind of crazy how many Hall of Fame level players we have all over the field. Good to be a Vol.

Saw this question on our WV board and would like to know who you all would choose on your team? The question was if you could bring back one offensive and defensive player from Tenn teams of the past who would you chose? For instance, for WV I would choose a lock down corner like Pac Man Jones and Steve Slaton at running back to secure the running game.

Thoughts on who you would choose from Tenn?

Chuck Webb
John Henderson

Offense Payton. Should read the D and put the ball on the open receiver before anyone could get close to him. It would take one poession for WV to realize the blitz is useless.

Defense Eric Berry or Dale Carter. One one shutdown their best receiver. We could then double the second best receiver. Game over.

Uh, Randy Moss? Oh. No, that's one that WVU would liked to have had.

On offense/ST - Fuad Reveiz . Good place kickers are an under appreciated weapon. Great place kickers don't come around very often. And, Fuard is the only kicker I've ever known of to get an unnecessary roughness penalty, which I liked a helluva lot.. He was a kicker with a LB body and mentality.

On defense - Dale Carter. Game changer.

T-Rob and D. Barnett
Or
A. Kamara and L. Little
Or
Webb and Big Al
Or
Peyton and Reggie
Or
P. Price and E. Berry

It's hard to chose when theres such a storied past and so many electrifying players to choose from.

this excludes too many potential players. It should list players at each position. So my first stab at it is as follows:

Offense
QB= Peyton Manning
RB=Jamal Lewis
RB=Curt Watson
TE=Ken Delong
WR=Alvin Harper
WR=Peerless Price
Line=Chad Clifton
Line=Tom Myslyinski
Line=Antone Davis
Line=Harry Galbreath
Line=Trey Smith

Defense
Line=Reggie White
Line=Billy Ratliffe
Line=John Henderson
LB=Al Wilson
LB=Jack Reynolds
LB=Steve Kiner
LB=Paul Naumoff
DB=Bobby Majors
DB=Dale Carter
DB=Terry Fair
DB=Tim Priest

Love your defense! Most folks Know little about Kiner and Naumoff both really good. However, don't see how you leave off the best defense lineman we or any team ever had, Doug Atkins and on offense,,, lets see, that guy who is ending an all pro tight end career with Dallas.

All sound Perfect but I think we need either Charles McRae or Dale Carter. Heck, I'm going to be greedy and demand Both!!

VN Store

Back