Wishful Thinking... One player

Gotta be Peyton and Reggie even though I considered Tony Robinson just cuz I wish I could see him play.

Need a little mobility at qb, so Heath.
Going to go with Deon Grant at DB or pre-injury Jason Allen.

Of course, Reggie and Peyton are the GOATs and I would love to see Al, Leonard Little, Jamal Lewis, Travis (pick one), EB, etc line up one more time.

What do you think Fulmer and Cut's offense was? "Pound the rock" then throw it over the top. That is TN football

It said one player. My choice was a bruising RB. That is why I chose a RB from that era of UT football. It doesn’t take a Peyton’s manning to turn around and hand the ball off to a RB.

Reggie was absolutely great but his pro career colors many people's memory of his college days. If we're going modern day players Al Wilson was a better college player. If we're going all time then it's Doug Atkins. Peyton is the easy choice for offense but the 2018 version of the Vols lacks the play makers that would make Manning truly shine. This team needs someone who, to use a basketball analogy, can create their own shot. The best the Vols ever had at QB who could do that was Tony Robinson. He not only beat but dismantled the 1985 Auburn team that came to Knoxville ranked No. 1 and trotted that years Heisman winner Bo Jackson on the field. Tony lite up Auburn with 4 TD passes and lead the Vols to a 38-20 victory that basically saw Bo quit in the 4th qtr. Robinson beat Alabama twice as a starter and in 1984 in dramatic fashion by leading the Vols in a 4th quarter come back that saw him score on a two point conversion to seal the deal for the Vols 28-27. He was the QB that brought Tennessee football back from a decade long run of despair that marked the end of the Battle era and the start of Major's tenure. He put Tennessee back in the National picture by leading the Vols to the 1985 SEC title. Imagine Josh Dobbs with a rifle for an arm and you get the picture. Peyton and Reggie are outstanding choices but for what this team needs Wilson is a better choice for D because of his ability to lead a defense and a MLB is as important to a D as a QB is to the O. Robinson is my choice for O not because he's better than Peyton but because when everything breaks down Tony had the athletic ability to turn a sack and 4th and forever into a big play TD either with his legs or his arm. JM2C

Heath Schuler was pretty good if you remember correctly

Heath Schuler was pretty good if you remember correctly

Heath was outstanding and would be a similar style of difference maker. I picked Tony because of the similarities of where the program is now and where it was in the early eighties when TR came in. But yeah Heath was a big time difference maker.

VN Store

Back