Woe is us!

I just had it pop up in my Google feed. Without a doubt one of the most garbage articles I've read in some time. Matt Jones must be writing under a pen name
Why is it garbage? What is wrong about it? Just because you wear orange goggles doesn't make it untrue. Elaborate.

Excuse me? Florida was off probation by 1991 and they won the SEC in '91, and went to the Sugar Bowl.... They won the National Championship in 1996. They were at full strength and very good. They had one of the best coaches ever, in his prime. Probation in no way explains why we beat them in 1998. Your post is very ignorant and it looks like you are trying to disparage an era in Tennessee football when we were recruiting as well as anyone and putting as many players in the NFL as anyone. That is unfair to the men who made that happen (Fulmer, Cutcliffe, Chavis and Doug Dickey).... not to mention being complete and utter bull $hit.

Speaking of ignorant, you have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about, there Brother! Two of our SEC Championships were due to Florida being on probation! Yes, Florida was good with Spurrier but so were we. If, and I say IF you knew what you were talking about, you would know that Florida was on probation in both ‘85 and ‘90! Had they not been ineligible, for those two years, they would have been crowned champions. Get your facts straight!

For your other point, all the gang was back in ‘06 and ‘07 but still couldn’t put us back at the top!

I stand by my original post!

Speaking of ignorant, you have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about, there Brother! Two of our SEC Championships were due to Florida being on probation! Yes, Florida was good with Spurrier but so were we. If, and I say IF you knew what you were talking about, you would know that Florida was on probation in both ‘85 and ‘90! Had they not been ineligible, for those two years, they would have been crowned champions. Get your facts straight!

For your other point, all the gang was back in ‘06 and ‘07 but still couldn’t put us back at the top!

I stand by my original post!
Your exact words were "...and Florida being put on probation for us to be on top." By "on top", I was assuming you were talking about the national championship... 1985 and 1990 were just SEC Championship years. Though, we did beat the hell out of Florida in 1990.

VN Store

Back