Kristi Noem (R) Gov. S. Dak

I can't agree with you there .... I had a basset hound that used to kill small birds once in a while. She would even bring some of them into the garage. It was her instinct as a scenthound. She even killed a rabbit once. She wasn't dangerous to people at all. Never bit me or anyone else as far as I know. My kids loved that dog, and they were young when we had her. Was a good dog.
but it sounds like you had that dog from the start. this would be a new family, new situation. who knows how that dog handles the transition.

especially as a working dog going to a pet? that's incredibly high maintenance compared to a basset.

What people need to understand is for a lot of serious dog hunters a dog is a tool, if the tool is defective and can't be used for it's intended purpose it's gotta go. I used to coon hunt with some guys with that mindset and watched them shoot expensive dogs that couldn't be broke from chasing deer or just wouldn't stay on scent. That's one of the reasons I stopped hunting with them but I don't think less of them for having that mindset.

I don't see it as much different than how we used to single out and raise a couple steers every year just for slaughter. For the best results they were pretty much handfed so they got the right mix of grain and hay. I didn't have an issue eating an animal I fed daily but there are many that probably find that detestable.

What people need to understand is for a lot of serious dog hunters a dog is a tool, if the tool is defective and can't be used for it's intended purpose it's gotta go. I used to coon hunt with some guys with that mindset and watched them shoot expensive dogs that couldn't be broke from chasing deer or just wouldn't stay on scent. That's one of the reasons I stopped hunting with them but I don't think less of them for having that mindset.

I don't see it as much different than how we used to single out and raise a couple steers every year just for slaughter. For the best results they were pretty much handfed so they got the right mix of grain and hay. I didn't have an issue eating an animal I fed daily but there are many that probably find that detestable.

I have a uncle living in the woods of South Carolina that maintains at least 10 or so hunting dogs at all times so I'm familiar with it. Been out with them many times. Some dogs don't work out but he's not putting them down. Maybe back in the day it made sense to shoot them but there are plenty of resources nowadays out there for rehoming specifically working dogs since they will almost always require special care. The organization up there will take any of his dogs that don't pan out and find them owners that can handle their needs.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

The perspective of people who have owned dogs for a functional purpose vs those of us who have only owned them as pets is bound to be different. My living room is situated expressly for the comfort and convenience of my 13 year old little mutt. I can not relate to people who see them as "tools" .... but with such differing perspectives will come opposing belief systems.

The perspective of people who have owned dogs for a functional purpose vs those of us who have only owned them as pets is bound to be different. My living room is situated expressly for the comfort and convenience of my 13 year old little mutt. I can not relate to people who see them as "tools" .... but with such differing perspectives will come opposing belief systems.

It's a good example of why centralized governance in this country is failing. We have too many differences.

I wouldn’t have shot the dog, but I understand why it was.
I understand why. But I can’t support her decision. Having done some work with a charity that trains service dogs for special needs, diabetics, and Veterans with PTSD; I have been absolutely amazed by what a properly trained dog can do and how they can absolutely become an extension of their owner and their very best friend. Granted not every doggo can pass that level of training. But the ones that don’t still end up becoming very wonderful forever family members. It is a very rare dog indeed that doesn’t have something positive to contribute as long as the proper time and care is invested in them.
I truly believe God specifically created dogs to be a special help to man.
And I truly believe they will be waiting for us in Heaven when we arrive

For ****s sakes, this country aborts anywhere between 500k and 2 Mil unborn per year....... lady writes about killing her dog because she says it's aggressive and the world collapses.

Let's take Biden's biting dog, in the real world had it bitten as many ppl as is stated the law would put it down....... but here we are.

This is a bit of a red state/blue state divider. She can spin it as liberal elites living in townhouses in Manhattan can't understand why she'd have to put a hunting dog down. That they are out of touch with the heartland. That its the way rugged real life is. That dogs on the farm have a purpose beyond being a pet.

You get the idea.
This is true. I've known folks who had hunting dogs, thats all they are used for. They aren't played with, they aren't friendly to other folks, they are for hunting whatever it is they hunt.

Problem is in todays world a LOT of folks humanize pets, or as I like to call "enslaved animals for human entertainment", and they can't see past the reason for putting a dog down. These are also the same morons who will try and pet a coyote, or try to feed bears in the smokies, or gators in Florida. (..real gators, not you jort wearing cousin marrying George Michael memorial park restroom visiting swamp dwellers in Gainesville.) and are shocked when they get attacked and/or die (brief shock).

Still, its retarded to write a book (I'm assuming this is in a book) about putting down a dog when that book isn't filed in the fiction section of the bookstore.

Reactions: hog88 and PEPPERJAX
For ****s sakes, this country aborts anywhere between 500k and 2 Mil unborn per year....... lady writes about killing her dog because she says it's aggressive and the world collapses.

Let's take Biden's biting dog, in the real world had it bitten as many ppl as is stated the law would put it down....... but here we are.
Nowadays pets > humans. Because people are dumb and think animals conditioned to show attention to humans so they can eat and survive somehow equates to a solely human emotion of love.

This is true. I've known folks who had hunting dogs, thats all they are used for. They aren't played with, they aren't friendly to other folks, they are for hunting whatever it is they hunt.

Problem is in todays world a LOT of folks humanize pets, or as I like to call "enslaved animals for human entertainment", and they can't see past the reason for putting a dog down. These are also the same morons who will try and pet a coyote, or try to feed bears in the smokies, or gators in Florida. (..real gators, not you jort wearing cousin marrying George Michael memorial park restroom visiting swamp dwellers in Gainesville.) and are shocked when they get attacked and/or die (brief shock).
My wife told me she had a pet chicken growing up. One day she came home and the little rascal was gone. Her family had chicken curry for dinner that evening.

My wife told me she had a pet chicken growing up. One day she came home and the little rascal was gone. Her family had chicken curry for dinner that evening.
I've never had pets in my life so I've never had any attachment to them. To me they are just animals and should be left alone.

Except for spider monkeys. I'd take one of those in a second, name him Bosco, dress him up like an organ grinder, and train him to throw poo at people. We'd be best friends until he went all Monkey Shines on me at some point which is common place for enslaved pet spider monkeys.

I've never had pets in my life so I've never had any attachment to them. To me they are just animals and should be left alone.

Except for spider monkeys. I'd take one of those in a second, name him Bosco, dress him up like an organ grinder, and train him to throw poo at people. We'd be best friends until he went all Monkey Shines on me at some point which is common place for enslaved pet spider monkeys.
It is probably best that you continue to never own a pet then.

VN Store

Back