“But I got to stop wishin', got to go fishin' Down to rock bottom again Just a few friends, just a few friends” (pictures)

Junk fish today, but had fun, and ate good. Charter tomorrow, so hopefully that goes good. Got some tips on a couple of spots, especially since the best two I know are still shutdown from the hurricane. Bladder though, watching my dad catch the little fish and having fun. He also tried grouper and mahi for the first time ever, and likes the mahi better
FB_IMG_1712020543839.jpgFB_IMG_1712020578312.jpgFB_IMG_1712020569581.jpgFB_IMG_1712020562553.jpgFB_IMG_1712020557679.jpg

Junk fish today, but had fun, and ate good. Charter tomorrow, so hopefully that goes good. Got some tips on a couple of spots, especially since the best two I know are still shutdown from the hurricane. Bladder though, watching my dad catch the little fish and having fun. He also tried grouper and mahi for the first time ever, and likes the mahi better
"Bladder"?!?

Had a blast.only a few keepers, but enough to take home. Probably 50 plus fish, dad with an awesome trout, and a baby bull shark. Flounder, redfish, they had a blast. Little Luke caught a massive stingray. His dad recorded, and I had to help him, took about 10 minutes to wear it down
1000000167.jpg1000000170.jpg1000000169.jpg1000000187.jpg1000000186.jpg1000000180.jpg

Had a blast.only a few keepers, but enough to take home. Probably 50 plus fish, dad with an awesome trout, and a baby bull shark. Flounder, redfish, they had a blast. Little Luke caught a massive stingray. His dad recorded, and I had to help him, took about 10 minutes to wear it down
View attachment 631519View attachment 631520View attachment 631522View attachment 631523View attachment 631524View attachment 631525
How did you determine that was a bull shark?

Did it survive long enough to be thrown back in? Shark populations are really suffering in some areas of Florida.
They are extremely hard to kill. They don't have bones so they can stand more mishandling than a lot of fish and can stay out of water quite a while and still swim off. It just looked really skinny to be a bull shark. I've only seen big ones and would love to see and be able to handle a smaller version.

Reactions: joevol33
Reactions: joevol33
They are extremely hard to kill. They don't have bones so they can stand more mishandling than a lot of fish and can stay out of water quite a while and still swim off. It just looked really skinny to be a bull shark. I've only seen big ones and would love to see and be able to handle a smaller version.
In my experience it's pretty easy to kill the smaller ones, especially if they have been worked for a while and worn out. It happens unfortunately.

Never lost a big adult shark though. They seem to be much more robust and can survive quite a while fighting and being out of the water.

One time I was dragging a 5 foot black tip back into the surf after unhooking it and we had some Karens out there screeching at me that the shark can't breath going backwards in the water.. no ****, it also couldn't breath when we had it on the beach to get the hook out either, and what did they want me to do? Drag him by his mouth? Lol

The shark was perfectly fine when I got him to deep water. I didn't drown him by dragging him backwards back out. But ever since then I avoid populated beaches if I'm gonna target sharks. I can't stand the idiots out there that try to give their unwanted opinions lol

In my experience it's pretty easy to kill the smaller ones, especially if they have been worked for a while and worn out. It happens unfortunately.

Never lost a big adult shark though. They seem to be much more robust and can survive quite a while fighting and being out of the water.

One time I was dragging a 5 foot black tip back into the surf after unhooking it and we had some Karens out there screeching at me that the shark can't breath going backwards in the water.. no ****, it also couldn't breath when we had it on the beach to get the hook out either, and what did they want me to do? Drag him by his mouth? Lol

The shark was perfectly fine when I got him to deep water. I didn't drown him by dragging him backwards back out. But ever since then I avoid populated beaches if I'm gonna target sharks. I can't stand the idiots out there that try to give their unwanted opinions lol
Shoulda told Karen to grab it by the mouth for ya. Lolol

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

VN Store

Back