'12 TN RB Jovon Robinson

This kids a stud. He had about 170 yards against us last night on 23 carries I think. He's a really strong back and was hard to bring down (when we could takled him at all; we pretty much had to corral him). He ran over a few of us and gang tackling was really tthe only way to stop him (however, a few times we were all on him but he still didn't go down, so they blew the whistle). I probably had 2 solos on him (took out his legs) but also missed on him atleast 2 times (kid can move/juke/run over).

With all that said, hope he comes to UT!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

This kids a stud. He had about 170 yards against us last night on 23 carries I think. He's a really strong back and was hard to bring down (when we could takled him at all; we pretty much had to corral him). He ran over a few of us and gang tackling was really tthe only way to stop him (however, a few times we were all on him but he still didn't go down, so they blew the whistle). I probably had 2 solos on him (took out his legs) but also missed on him atleast 2 times (kid can move/juke/run over).

With all that said, hope he comes to UT!

You play for Collierville?

Robinson's regular-season stats: 196 carries for 1,667 yards (8.5 YPC) and 22 TDs.

I saw today that he's on the ESPNU 150 watch list. This guy is the real deal and I think he'll be one of the top players in TN in the 2012 class.

I think he will easily be the best back in TN (better than mathers). Mark me down for that

I saw today that he's on the ESPNU 150 watch list. This guy is the real deal and I think he'll be one of the top players in TN in the 2012 class.

I think he will easily be the best back in TN (better than mathers). Mark me down for that

That's OK, let's gettem both and let them fight it out on the depth chart! :rock:

You think he will be rated higher than Kimbrow? I dont know about that, I think it will be Kimbrow, Robinson, then Mathers.

jmoore, with the potential depth of talent in next years' class, do you think we hold off on any more RBs this year (unless we could steal Crowell, of course) and go All In on these guys for next year; all in an attempt to add more depth to this years class at DL, OL, DB, LB, and TE?

jmoore, with the potential depth of talent in next years' class, do you think we hold off on any more RBs this year (unless we could steal Crowell, of course) and go All In on these guys for next year; all in an attempt to add more depth to this years class at DL, OL, DB, LB, and TE?

I thought thats what the staff was going to do but then Hubbs started saying they really wanted a speed back in this class. We have 3 great RB's in our own state that we could go after hard in Kimbrow, Robinson, & Mathers. I'd love to land 2 out of the 3 for next year. I'd rather the staff wait until next year to add more RB's & just continue to load up at OL & DT for this class. That's JMO though.

Thanks J. So I was just looking up some stuff on Kimbrow: small guy, super fast. With his speed being his main attribute, what do you think he will play at weight wise to avoid being murdered by SEC Defenses? Listed 160..

Thanks J. So I was just looking up some stuff on Kimbrow: small guy, super fast. With his speed being his main attribute, what do you think he will play at weight wise to avoid being murdered by SEC Defenses? Listed 160..

If he is truly at 160 right now he would be about 170 when he shows up on a campus, he will play at 190-200 once a Jr in college IMO.

Forgot about Kimbrow. Some beast running backs in the Memphis area. How do you feel about Ridgeway's Jaylen Walton?? We played him this year and the kid can fly. He also has really good vision and great balance.

Forgot about Kimbrow. Some beast running backs in the Memphis area. How do you feel about Ridgeway's Jaylen Walton?? We played him this year and the kid can fly. He also has really good vision and great balance.

bro, did you get my pm

I thought thats what the staff was going to do but then Hubbs started saying they really wanted a speed back in this class. We have 3 great RB's in our own state that we could go after hard in Kimbrow, Robinson, & Mathers. I'd love to land 2 out of the 3 for next year. I'd rather the staff wait until next year to add more RB's & just continue to load up at OL & DT for this class. That's JMO though.

completely agree

bro, did you get my pm

Hold on ill check.

And a side note- I think waltons's Ridgeway team is playing Kimbrow's East team this week in the first round. Will be some good backs on the field, and I'd love to hear what some of y'all got to say about them.

There are already at least five instate '12 kids with SEC offers. I don't remember that many at this stage last year.

VN Store

Back