'12 TN RB Jovon Robinson

That'll be an interesting test for the coaching staff, to see what we can hold in-state. Know we've been over that conversation a million times, and that we're a difficult state to hold talent due to geography, but I'd love to fence in our best talent, and shoot the bird to the rest of the SEC.

Jovon had 243 rushing yards and scored 3 TD's against Arlington in the first round playoff game. Next Wooddale plays Whitehaven which will be a test.

Jaylen Walton (Ridgeway) ran 33 times for 215 yards and scored 2 TD's against Brian Kimbrow's Memphis East. Ridgeway Roadrunners play Hardin Co. next week.

Right now, I hope robinson and mathers turn out good, but kimbrow is the must get next year. Period.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He is now a three star on scout for those who care. Offers listed from Bama, Memphis, Ole Miss and Miss St.

I hope we look at this kid closely for next year if we need an instate player or solid back after we hopefully take a highly rated back.

Scout.com: Jovon Robinson Profile

Junior Year stats

196 carries ---> 1667 rushing yards (8.5 yards per)

22 Touchdowns

Has been really dangerous in the return game and catching the ball out of the backfield throughout HS.

Junior Year stats

196 carries ---> 1667 rushing yards (8.5 yards per)

22 Touchdowns

Has been really dangerous in the return game and catching the ball out of the backfield throughout HS.

Kids a stud. I played against him last year and he has a really thick lower base and is really quick for his size (great at cutting back). I really hope we get him
Posted via VolNation Mobile

So is the TN talent in 2012 going to be deeper than the 2011 class?

At the top I would say yes...it will be more heavy IMO with kids who are at least regional names....will it be as deep ...no imo

here is my early top 25.....

1. Brian Kimbrow ATH Memphis East
2. Drae Bowles WR Jackson Christian School
3. Nate Cole WR Memphis Mitchell
4. Chad Voytik QB Cleveland
5. Jovon Robinson RB Memphis Wooddale
6. Ben Still OL MUS
7. Jay Guillmero OL Maryville
8. I'Tarvius Mathers RB Blackman
9. Dyshawn Mobley RB/LB Powell
10. Corey Batey ATH Ensworth
11. Jaylen Walton RB Ridgeway
12. Adam Davenport RB Riverdale
13. Graham Shuler OL Brentwood Academy
14. Josh Shelton DB Mt. Juliet
15. Andrew Jelks OL Henry County
16. Brandon Hill OL St. George
17. Caleb Azibuke DE McGavok
18. Barrett Gouger OL Baylor
19. Vanderbilt Hembrick ATH Alcoa
20. Alex Dale DB MUS
21. Woody Barron DE Brentwood Academy
22. Thaddeus Medford RB Dyer County
23. Brandon Guy OL Maryville
24. Henry McClendon DE Cleveland
25. Amiri Hawkins ATH Hillsboro

I think the top 5 or so in the '12 class will be better. ( minus any linemen) I do agree that there is a drop off after that.

I don't see this drop off if you compare that tentative top 25 to this year's top 25.

At the top I would say yes...it will be more heavy IMO with kids who are at least regional names....will it be as deep ...no imo

here is my early top 25.....

1. Brian Kimbrow ATH Memphis East
2. Drae Bowles WR Jackson Christian School
3. Nate Cole WR Memphis Mitchell
4. Chad Voytik QB Cleveland
5. Jovon Robinson RB Memphis Wooddale
6. Ben Still OL MUS
7. Jay Guillmero OL Maryville
8. I'Tarvius Mathers RB Blackman
9. Dyshawn Mobley RB/LB Powell
10. Corey Batey ATH Ensworth
11. Jaylen Walton RB Ridgeway
12. Adam Davenport RB Riverdale
13. Graham Shuler OL Brentwood Academy
14. Josh Shelton DB Mt. Juliet
15. Andrew Jelks OL Henry County
16. Brandon Hill OL St. George
17. Caleb Azibuke DE McGavok
18. Barrett Gouger OL Baylor
19. Vanderbilt Hembrick ATH Alcoa
20. Alex Dale DB MUS
21. Woody Barron DE Brentwood Academy
22. Thaddeus Medford RB Dyer County
23. Brandon Guy OL Maryville
24. Henry McClendon DE Cleveland
25. Amiri Hawkins ATH Hillsboro

There has to be at least 2 OL from MUS in the 25 eh? They should have at 2-3 that are BCS conference level.

Are you aware of the rumors Robinson transferring from Wooddale? Care to check that out for us?

After hearing Cross' interview earlier this week, I'm really glad his going to wear Orange next season.

That being said - Robinson seems to have a little more excerlation, top end speed, and a lot more elusiveness.

I know Kimbrow probably will be the speed back we go after, but I'd love to have Robinson as well. Good looking player.

VN Store

Back