'12 TN RB Jovon Robinson

Against 2nd-ranked Snow College yesterday, Robinson rushed for 313 yards and 2 TDs. I don't know what's become of Akeem Judd at GMC but Robinson appears to be their top RB right now.

Interesting piece on Robinson from a few months ago:

“The color on my car can represent GMC, but it’s actually more ‘Roll Tide,’” he said.

Robinson, who won’t be eligible to transfer to a Division I school until December 2014 at the earliest, knows that a lot can change between now and then, especially in the fickle world of recruiting.

“If does work out, it can (represent Alabama),” he said. “If it doesn’t, it doesn’t.”

Robinson considered both Alabama and Auburn out of high school. The first — and only — college game he’s ever attended was the 2010 Iron Bowl in Tuscaloosa.

“It’s crazy how things work out. Alabama was my first offer, and I wasn’t even thinking about Auburn at that time,” he said. “Auburn was my last offer. Then I went to Auburn, and now, I guess, I’m hoping to go to Alabama.”

Jovon Robinson gets second chance to chase his dream - College Football Scoop

Bump.

For those who feel the desire to vomit

Bump.

For those who feel the desire to vomit

Abandon.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Why would any RB want to take a number in this line and sit on the bench for 3 years...

1. Yeldon
2. Drake
3. Fowler
4. Hart
5. Tenpenny
6. Kamara

4,5 & 6 would be starting feature backs at any school in the SEC outside of LSU and UGA

The order right now is:

1. Yeldon- who will be gone before Jovon arrives
2. Drake- will either be the #1 back Jovon's 1st yr or he will probably be gone as well because others surpassed him already
3. Hart only because of experience but I doubt will be here Jovon arrives
4. Tenpenny-will be a Jr his 1st year(was not redshirted)
5. Henry- will be a Jr his 1st yr(was not redshirted)
6. T Jones- will be a RS Soph who may have yet to see much playing time

Fowler is playing mostly FB and HB right now and with the injury bug will be gone after this year if he can stay healthy. Being projected as a late draft pick and seen as high as the #2 FB coming out.

Kamara is redshirted and still most believe will end up just like C Jones and play slot WR

So when he comes in he will only have to compete with Tenpenny and Henry to get playing time behind Drake who should be the feature RB his 1st yr at UA. Both of those still playing limited time behind Yeldon and Drake up to that point. The other factor is if Bo qualifies and stays at RB, and if UA when we miss on LF we push for Roc hard to NSD. I do not see him coming to UA with only a few years to play if we get 2 of those 3 in this class with what else we have left.

The order right now is:

1. Yeldon- who will be gone before Jovon arrives
2. Drake- will either be the #1 back Jovon's 1st yr or he will probably be gone as well because others surpassed him already
3. Hart only because of experience but I doubt will be here Jovon arrives
4. Tenpenny-will be a Jr his 1st year(was not redshirted)
5. Henry- will be a Jr his 1st yr(was not redshirted)
6. T Jones- will be a RS Soph who may have yet to see much playing time

Fowler is playing mostly FB and HB right now and with the injury bug will be gone after this year if he can stay healthy. Being projected as a late draft pick and seen as high as the #2 FB coming out.

Kamara is redshirted and still most believe will end up just like C Jones and play slot WR

So when he comes in he will only have to compete with Tenpenny and Henry to get playing time behind Drake who should be the feature RB his 1st yr at UA. Both of those still playing limited time behind Yeldon and Drake up to that point. The other factor is if Bo qualifies and stays at RB, and if UA when we miss on LF we push for Roc hard to NSD. I do not see him coming to UA with only a few years to play if we get 2 of those 3 in this class with what else we have left.

So neat and tidy...heartwarming to behold how Saban dispatches with individual dreams...And playing time...hoarding talent, all for the glory of Bammer football :scare:...Kamara at slot WR?....helluvaplan

So neat and tidy...heartwarming to behold how Saban dispatches with individual dreams...And playing time...hoarding talent, all for the glory of Bammer football :scare:...Kamara at slot WR?....helluvaplan

It worked out well for C Jones and Kamara is about the same size out of HS and same speed:dunno:

It worked out well for C Jones and Kamara is about the same size out of HS and same speed:dunno:

Interpretation of "well" needed...I'm sure Jones always dreamed of playing out of position when he was in high school . :thumbsup:

Interpretation of "well" needed...I'm sure Jones always dreamed of playing out of position when he was in high school . :thumbsup:

I guess that is why they both were told UA was recruiting them as athletes since it was unclear where they would end up. If I remember correctly Jones was a DB and maybe RB out of HS but said he would play wherever UA needed him. And Kamara had said UA was going to look at him as both a RB and Slot WR. So I am not sure nightmares are coming in their sleep.

In the end I could care less as long as the staff can find a place for them to be successful on the field. They both knew what to expect and it has worked out for C Jones and we will know in a few years if it will for AK.

Jovon won't overtake Henry when healthy. If he wants pt he will go elsewhere

I guess that is why they both were told UA was recruiting them as athletes since it was unclear where they would end up. If I remember correctly Jones was a DB and maybe RB out of HS but said he would play wherever UA needed him. And Kamara had said UA was going to look at him as both a RB and Slot WR. So I am not sure nightmares are coming in their sleep.

In the end I could care less as long as the staff can find a place for them to be successful on the field. They both knew what to expect and it has worked out for C Jones and we will know in a few years if it will for AK.

So you're telling us that they all know what to expect. The staff and Saban makes it clear to all the kids that is being recruited that there is a good chance that they will just be scout team players even though they were all 5* players coming out of high school. A few of them will get to see the field but most won't. They'll either be bench warmers or they'll have to find another place to go if they want to play. Have we got this correct? Does Saban tell them all that they may never see the field as players?

Reactions: 2 people
So you're telling us that they all know what to expect. The staff and Saban makes it clear to all the kids that is being recruited that there is a good chance that they will just be scout team players even though they were all 5* players coming out of high school. A few of them will get to see the field but most won't. They'll either be bench warmers or they'll have to find another place to go if they want to play. Have we got this correct? Does Saban tell them all that they may never see the field as players?

Clear as Alabama drinking water :)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Looking at the Tennessee top 25 for the class of 2012 (Robinson's senior class) there were 10 Memphis guys in the top 25. This year there are currently on 4 in the top 20 in the state according to rivals.

Memphis still has its players and will need to be recruited, but it's amazing how fast the demographics of the state's top recruits are moving to that Nashville hot bed.

Looking at the Tennessee top 25 for the class of 2012 (Robinson's senior class) there were 10 Memphis guys in the top 25. This year there are currently on 4 in the top 20 in the state according to rivals.

Memphis still has its players and will need to be recruited, but it's amazing how fast the demographics of the state's top recruits are moving to that Nashville hot bed.
Memphis lacks coaching and other things.

FWIW, Robinson sliced through the nation's top rushing defense today for 222 yards & 3 TDs on 35 carries as GMCC fell to East Mississippi CC. He finished his freshman season by setting the juco single-season rushing record with 2,371 yards & 34 TDs on 273 carries (8.7 ypc).

While I've seen nothing to indicate that our staff is actively pursuing Robinson, he'll almost certainly be the nation's No. 1 juco prospect next year.

Heavy Alabama lean but top 5 with shot at him accdg to coach are Bama, UGA, FSU, TCU and TN.

Nice to be in the discussion but he made it sound like bama would be tough to beat with UGA as beat chance to change that. TN is recruiting him hard though and has his attention.

VN Store

Back