'13 GA OLB Reuben Foster

UA is not in the Foster race. But in regards to where he goes I have no idea. I said once he got to AUHS everything about academics was suppose to be in order and he was suppose to be an EE. One of the main reasons he was looking at specific HS.

And the rumor now is from AU boards is he may not get into AU because of grades. No where has it been stated from me or anywhere that it was an issue or concern for UA about his academics.

So since he went to AUHS, is it:

Sign LOI with AU ... grades A-Ok
Sign LOI with some other school ... JUCO Bound?

So since he went to AUHS, is it:

Sign LOI with AU ... grades A-Ok
Sign LOI with some other school ... JUCO Bound?

Apaprantly that is what some believe on the AU boards this morning.

But I am not sure that is the case. Even though UA is on the outside looking in for Foster, the staff is trying hard to get back in. Foster and Smart are continuing to talk and UA may get a visit. Point is for UA to allocate resources into getting a player that seems to be a longshot with only so many days left until NSD, I doubt they would go after him if academics were a concern. I would think that the UA staff would only go after players that can get in. Just my opinion.

TW, you think we could have a chance if he actually visits. Does having Joe Sanders committed and Thigpen here help at all?

TW, you think we could have a chance if he actually visits. Does having Joe Sanders committed and Thigpen here help at all?

Visits go a long way. Sanders I doubt but Thigpen if Foster does visit is the reason. His relationships with a coach will helo a team land him. Trooper was the reason for AU, Lupoi is the only reason he is visiting Washington, and if UA gets a visit it is because of Smart.

Again if he visits UT it is because of Thigpen and UT would have a legit shot I believe.

One of our sites is reporting that Foster will take an OV to UA the 18th now. I not sure how concrete that is and if will really matter. But not holding my breathe he shows up.

the university of washington already has the makings of a potential top 15 recruiting class for the 2013 cycle, with five commitments from espn 300 prospects, including three from espn 150 prospects. But the huskies are aiming for more, and never was that more clear than in the headliner recruit in town over the weekend.

Linebacker reuben foster (auburn, ala./auburn), the no. 1 inside linebacker prospect and no. 16 overall prospect in the country, could play a big role in getting the pac-12 program to the next level. While washington is the only school outside the southeast in the mix for foster, he said following his official visit not to count out the huskies by any means.

“they have a very high percentage of getting me on signing day,” foster said. “that is how much i like them.”

foster lists the west coast program so high because of the way the staff is recruiting him.

“i spoke to coach [tosh] lupoi throughout the trip and coach [steve] sarkisian some, and it was a chance for us to bond even more,” foster said. “the relationship i have with them is amazing. They come to my school and hit me up, it is just crazy.”

one thing that has given washington a fighting chance with the espn 150 linebacker is showing foster he is genuinely a priority for the future of the program.

“with most staffs, they always say they want me, but only two staffs have really let me know they need me,” foster said. “auburn did that before, and washington did that too, during my official. I talked one on one with coach lupoi about how i could grow up there and just the ups and downs of life. Coach sark showed me how many linebackers they had and how they would use me. He really showed me that i was needed, not just wanted.”

while the campus is nearly 2,800 miles from where reuben and his family live now, he feels very comfortable thinking about a future in seattle.

“it is cold, but at the same time it is beautiful out here,” foster said. “it is amazing out here. I am a country boy, so i am not used to this city. Beautiful atmosphere, the sunrises, sunset, it just all puts me in a great state of mind. I could never get tired of living in this city.”

at least two more official visits are up next for foster.

“i am looking forward to getting to alabama next weekend and seeing if it is home,” foster said. “i want to see how i would be used in their defense and what they have planned for me if i come there. I spoke to coach [kirby] smart [on] friday before i left for my visit, and he told me he could not wait to get me back in tuscaloosa. Then after that, georgia is looking forward to getting me back to athens so they can show me love and i can show them love back.”

no visits are planned for foster after his trip to georgia, but the former auburn and alabama commitment said that auburn and lsu are under consideration.

espn

We probably won't know that until he is either on campus or on another campus by the sound of things.

One thread claims he is scheduled to come this weekend and Lawson. Lawsons been confirmed i was just wondering about this guy. Hope he come, we really need him. go vols

One thread claims he is scheduled to come this weekend and Lawson. Lawsons been confirmed i was just wondering about this guy. Hope he come, we really need him. go vols

The VQ guys, in their last update for next weekend, said he was scheduled to be here. It just sounds like Foster is the type to do anything on a whim as far as visits go. But yeah I hope he shows as well.

I am thinking Foster will be here or his "options" has changed and the Vols are in the group. I noticed on Scout that we are now in his group of possibilities and we were not a week or so ago.

I am thinking Foster will be here or his "options" has changed and the Vols are in the group. I noticed on Scout that we are now in his group of possibilities and we were not a week or so ago.

ESPN is the least trustworthy source when it comes to recruiting. They seem to be several weeks behind on any of their information. I'll believe his plans have changed when Hubbs/Fortenberry confirms.

ESPN is the least trustworthy source when it comes to recruiting. They seem to be several weeks behind on any of their information. I'll believe his plans have changed when Hubbs/Fortenberry confirms.

Not really sure how they are behind here when this is from an interview tonight. Again does not matter will not end up at UA.

Where you there when they conducted the interview?

I am sorry to assume that since he took his OV to Washington this weekend and he spoke about the trip that they interviewed him recently(today) and not a few weeks ago.

Actually it sounds like they interviewed him while still out there or I could assume while at the airport waiting to come home. But maybe there is something code in there that I missed.

While the campus is nearly 2,800 miles from where Reuben and his family live now, he feels very comfortable thinking about a future in Seattle.

“It is cold, but at the same time it is beautiful out here,” Foster said. “It is amazing out here. I am a country boy, so I am not used to this city. Beautiful atmosphere, the sunrises, sunset, it just all puts me in a great state of mind. I could never get tired of living in this city.”

And this quote from the same article:

“I am looking forward to getting to Alabama next weekend and seeing if it is home,” Foster said.

Again assuming the article is accurate in the fact that it took place today. Who knows maybe ESPN made it all up.

Five-star linebacker Reuben Foster made the trek out West to visit Washington over the weekend and all reports are things went well. The reason the Huskies have a chance at Foster, and perhaps fellow five-star Jalen Ramsey, is the bond that defensive coaches Justin Wilcox and Peter Sirmon built with the duo while they were at Tennessee. Ultimaely it's a long way from Alabama to Washington, but if Wilcox can sell Foster on being a part of an up and coming program out West, it could be a huge steal for the Pac-12 school.

Rivals -

Reactions: 1 person
Five-star linebacker Reuben Foster made the trek out West to visit Washington over the weekend and all reports are things went well. The reason the Huskies have a chance at Foster, and perhaps fellow five-star Jalen Ramsey, is the bond that defensive coaches Justin Wilcox and Peter Sirmon built with the duo while they were at Tennessee. Ultimaely it's a long way from Alabama to Washington, but if Wilcox can sell Foster on being a part of an up and coming program out West, it could be a huge steal for the Pac-12 school.

Rivals -

It's relly hard not to think about what might have been had Wilcox and Sirmon stayed. Especially after reading exerpts like this.

VN Store

Back