13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Five-star safety Vonn Bell isn’t out of the picture for Alabama just yet. We reported earlier in the week that Bell may be affected by UA’s very tight numbers crunch but sources close to the situation there is still a chance that Bell will end up at Alabama. As we’ve noted, it’s a fluid situation. On top of that, another source close to Bell says that while the visit to Knoxville was “amazing” the Vols entered the weekend trailing to the point where they wouldn’t be able to make up enough ground to secure the lead in 48 hours. Butch Jones and staff have impressed Bell and his camp with the extensive changes to the program in such short time, but it sounds as though the Vols still have work to do from their end. Bell and his family have entered “decision mode” and will sit down on Saturday with his high school staff and iron out his decision while also working on the logistics of what will be a heavily-attended and nationally televised announcement"

--Bama 247

Until i hear different i'm gonna roll with the dad on this one. When a parent makes a call like that, it usually means the kid can say he will go in to "decision mode" or whatever. He wants his moment on espnu on nsd.

Reactions: 3 people
Until i hear different i'm gonna roll with the dad on this one. When a parent makes a call like that, it usually means the kid can say he will go in to "decision mode" or whatever. He wants his moment on espnu on nsd.

Exactly. Bell has been a VFL his entire life and the "only" reason why we weren't in the thick of things the entire time is because the love he showed us, he didn't get in return from the previous staff. The work CBJ and staff have done to show him that he is wanted with the new regime and the visit he had that showed how much the fans want him should solidify what he wanted. I do not want to get my hopes up, once bitten twice shy, sorta thing, but I really feel like Bell will be a Vol. He knows how much we want him here and he's a VFL. In Skeeter I trust...

Boom. Hopefully bama fans can get their hopes and usual confidence up to be crushed

Apparently bama may think they can just slack off and then come right back after him and get him if they want him. Typical bama arrogance.

I'm still saying Vol. if we still have "work to do" it may be getting more good players to surround bell. A la Marquez north.

This would make me mad if I were Bell. It would tell me that nomatter what they do they think they could get me regardless and they truly don't care for me, it's just a numbers thing with them. When it's the exact opposite with us. We want him, we need him, and will pull out all of the stops to get him, simply because he is a VFL, amazing player, and an amazing young man.

If this is true. I could see you getting the go ahead to release the information just to get the momentum rolling for us. I don't doubt one bit that you have inside information. I am just starting to think the inside information that you post is being ok'd by someone. If they leaked it to Hubbs they would burn bridges. What better way to leak it than to have some guy named skeeter that works in the AD. JMO and by no means am I trying to run you off. Enjoy the information you post.

If this is true. I could see you getting the go ahead to release the information just to get the momentum rolling for us. I don't doubt one bit that you have inside information. I am just starting to think the inside information that you post is being ok'd by someone. If they leaked it to Hubbs they would burn bridges. What better way to leak it than to have some guy named skeeter that works in the AD. JMO and by no means am I trying to run you off. Enjoy the information you post.

Don't care whether his info is orchestrated or not, as long as it is accurate, I'm good. :good!:

Reactions: 1 person
This board jumps the guns way to early...until a player publicly says he's all vol, you must take EVERYTHING with a huge grain of salt.

and until they sign on the dotted line, you have to be at least worried

This board jumps the guns way to early...until a player publicly says he's all vol, you must take EVERYTHING with a huge grain of salt.

and until they sign on the dotted line, you have to be at least worried

That's why I don't put too much into a Bama article full of homerism.

That's why I don't put too much into a Bama article full of homerism.

And you shouldn't...because they have crimson-colored lenses just like we have orange colored-lenses

I'm just saying, some of the people on this board are getting their hopes up to high based on, at best, unstable information

Assistant Coaches from OSU, bama and UT visiting Von Bell one last time today, CBJ having dinner with his HS coach tonight...according to Chatt TFP.

Assistant Coaches from OSU, bama and UT visiting Von Bell one last time today, CBJ having dinner with his HS coach tonight...according to Chatt TFP.

College coaches make final push for Vonn Bell | timesfreepress.com
Tennessee head coach Butch Jones, who brought his entire defensive staff for an in-home visit with Bell last week, will meet with Ridgeland head coach Mark Mariakis for dinner Thursday evening.
“We didn’t get to spend any time together when he was in town last week,” Mariakis said. “He said he just wanted to discuss the direction he’s taking the program.
“For him to call and say he wanted to sit down with me for dinner and begin building a relationship is impressive. It’s something that hadn’t been done before with previous UT staffs, so for him to take time out of his busy schedule just to meet with me says a lot about him.”

This says alot !!!!! :bow2: Coach Jones work it!!

Reactions: 13 people
College coaches make final push for Vonn Bell | timesfreepress.com
Tennessee head coach Butch Jones, who brought his entire defensive staff for an in-home visit with Bell last week, will meet with Ridgeland head coach Mark Mariakis for dinner Thursday evening.
“We didn’t get to spend any time together when he was in town last week,” Mariakis said. “He said he just wanted to discuss the direction he’s taking the program.
“For him to call and say he wanted to sit down with me for dinner and begin building a relationship is impressive. It’s something that hadn’t been done before with previous UT staffs, so for him to take time out of his busy schedule just to meet with me says a lot about him.”

This says alot !!!!! :bow2: Coach Jones work it!!

With recruiting, you gotta work the kid, family, and coaches. Smart move the CBJ, and an excellent way to seal the deal.

Reactions: 3 people
Why is everyone ready to jump off the ledge ? I told you guys last night Vonn will be a Vol signing day. It will not come out until then publicly, the coaches know. Why do you think Butch is taking Mariakis to dinner ? He wants to build a pipeline to Ridgeland. They have been producing a few players here the last few years. Oh and just another small nugget I have heard. Butch may be looking at Darryl Bridges, and may offer. Vandy has offered Bridges just FYI and he doesn't have stars because he never took the camps seriously. He didn't believe he would get an SEC offer.

Why is everyone ready to jump off the ledge ? I told you guys last night Vonn will be a Vol signing day. It will not come out until then publicly, the coaches know. Why do you think Butch is taking Mariakis to dinner ? He wants to build a pipeline to Ridgeland. They have been producing a few players here the last few years. Oh and just another small nugget I have heard. Butch may be looking at Darryl Bridges, and may offer. Vandy has offered Bridges just FYI and he doesn't have stars because he never took the camps seriously. He didn't believe he would get an SEC offer.

Only comment that I will make that is not associated w/ Vonn Bell in this thread...if we can't land Ford, Barber, or Wilkins, then I would be fine with taking a chance on Bridges. After watching him play in state championship game, I was shocked that he didn't have any major offers. He would be a better risk to take than Devrin Young was, and I'm not bad-mouthing DY, as he is a VFL. Now, back Vonn "VFL" Bell!!!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back