'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

THe Rivals guys stated that a lot of schools are actually using Arian Foster as an Anti Tennessee recruiting tool.

They say, "look at Arian Foster, he is the best RB in the NFL, had a 4 year starting career at TN and still wasn't drafted and missed out on millions of dollars on his first contract because of his Tennessee career."

Crazy I know but I could see how that could hurt us, somewhat.

Might as well tell QB recruits "look at Peyton Manning. He never beat Florida. You shouldn't go to Tennessee." I hope schools are seriously using that. We've had plenty of RBs that were drafted and did well. Jamal Lewis comes to mind. Henry comes to mind.

THe Rivals guys stated that a lot of schools are actually using Arian Foster as an Anti Tennessee recruiting tool.

They say, "look at Arian Foster, he is the best RB in the NFL, had a 4 year starting career at TN and still wasn't drafted and missed out on millions of dollars on his first contract because of his Tennessee career."

That is nuts.. The NFL is more about you and your ability and less about your college

Might as well tell QB recruits "look at Peyton Manning. He never beat Florida. You shouldn't go to Tennessee." I hope schools are seriously using that. We've had plenty of RBs that were drafted and did well. Jamal Lewis comes to mind. Henry comes to mind.

Peyton Manning was drafted first in the draft...Arian Foster was an undrafted free agent.

Do you all not understand the negative implications there?

That is nuts.. The NFL is more about you and your ability and less about your college

So you don't think the way the 2008 season went and how Arian handled all of the pressure and backlash of the UT fanbase that season didn't effect his draft status??:crazy:

negative recruiting happens all the time. It's just part of it

however I hope every person being told that AF is the best RB in the NFL laughs in the coach's face

So you don't think the way the 2008 season went and how Arian handled all of the pressure and backlash of the UT fanbase that season didn't effect his draft status??:crazy:

No, That was out of his control. What about his body of work for his career? Perhaps the NFL just missed on him, it happens. For one, I am suprised with his success in the NFL, but good for him and I hope he continues to have a excellent career for many many years

Didn't Monterio Hardesty get drafted the very next year? You can't blame UT for Arian Foster fumbling the ball all the time in clutch situations.

No chance any coach could argue with a straight face that going to Tennessee hurts your chances of getting into the NFL. Even through all of our down years, the one thing we continued to do was produce NFL talent.

That one is too easy to respond to. He was almost certain to be a mid-round draft pick as a Jr but was convinced to return. The coaches who convinced him to return then failed to use him properly were fired.

Just trying to give you guys examples of what type of negative recruiting is done towards TN's attempts to land a big time running back.

Just like our coaches are telling Green that NFL backs don't come out of Michigan? Cmon man every school does it don't be such a victim about it.

Jay's Pitch needs to be I was a UT back and made it to the NFL do you want to be awesome like me then come to UT.

Or maybe it was the fact that coming out of college Arian looked like a slow RB who had trouble holding onto the ball and was rumored to have work ethic issues.

Reactions: 1 person
CJG I love you man but it's time to lock someone down. In his defense he is hunting bear with a bb gun right now. We may have to settle on a smaller animal for another year or two until we get things rolling. I hope not though.

Worst analogy of the year so far? Yes I think it is.......

CJG I love you man but it's time to lock someone down. In his defense he is hunting bear with a bb gun right now. We may have to settle on a smaller animal for another year or two until we get things rolling. I hope not though.

Worst analogy of the year so far? Yes I think it is.......

"ManBearPig" ??

I just hope he's our first Heisman.

Schular should have been the first, but no he got beat by the guy that backed him up in the NFL, Danny W. Peyton should have been the 2nd, but they felt sorry because defensive players never get the award, so they gave it to Charles W (which has actually had a nice career). I really think everybody that votes hates TN.

No chance any coach could argue with a straight face that going to Tennessee hurts your chances of getting into the NFL. Even through all of our down years, the one thing we continued to do was produce NFL talent.

Especially since we are tied for first for the most ex-UT stars in the Pro-Bowl, with 6, and one of them is a running back. As a matter of fact, P. Manning is one (tell Lawson, he loves him), J. Mayo is another (tell Bellamy and Foster).

Also tell Lawson that UT produced to BEST DE ever in the NFL, in MR. REGGIE WHITE.

Schular should have been the first, but no he got beat by the guy that backed him up in the NFL, Danny W. Peyton should have been the 2nd, but they felt sorry because defensive players never get the award, so they gave it to Charles W (which has actually had a nice career). I really think everybody that votes hates TN.

Especially since we are tied for first for the most ex-UT stars in the Pro-Bowl, with 6, and one of them is a running back. As a matter of fact, P. Manning is one (tell Lawson, he loves him), J. Mayo is another (tell Bellamy and Foster).

Also tell Lawson that UT produced to BEST DE ever in the NFL, in MR. REGGIE WHITE.

and that Leonard Little guy wasnt that bad either. And Al Wilson would've been in many pro bowls if he didnt break his neck...

Shuler finished second to Charlie Ward in '93. Wuerffel won in '96.

and that Leonard Little guy wasnt that bad either. And Al Wilson would've been in many pro bowls if he didnt break his neck...

Yeah, those 2 were great too. I do remember a former teamate of Al Wilson running over him their rookie year, UT Vol Jamaal Lewis.

UT has produced alot of talent over the years, that is for sure (lots of RB, WR, CB, OL, DL, and LB). Only a couple of QBs, but one of them has an all time best 4 MVPs, should be one more coming this year.

I'm no insider, I just go to hermitage high with him and know him pretty well. I just started becoming a vol fan this year cause I've followed his recruiting and what not, but i can assure you the news is coming soon... He's been a silent commit to UT for over a year and wears orange ut stuff all the time.

Take this for what it's worth but I have no incentive to misinform you all.

Who is from the south and uses "you all" .... its "yall" !! This is the reason I instantly discredited your post .... and this reason only :)

VN Store

Back