'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

The last one I can think of is A Train (honestly can't remember his real name), who had a run with the Bears for a couple of years.

What are y'all rambling about? I thought this was a D Green thread. Thank Volman for getting it back on track

So it's just by chance he's with all Michigan Commits.
Denial* is evil. Still hoping he's in Orange.

That means nothing.Happens all the time. If UT had a bunch of committs there would be a pic of them also. He may be Michigan bound but that pic proves nothing. If he watched Michigan play its very obvious CBJ uses his RB's much better than Hoke.

Is the fact that Green hasn't committed to UT or UM hurting us from attracting other possible recruits of similar caliber?

I mean if I was a 4 star looking between UT or any other school not on a 5 star's top two I think I would go where I might be seen as the super star in waiting.

I just hope he declares for UT soon but I will be glad to hear him declare period so we know whether or not we need to fill that RB need.

No..AL, GA and others get 3-4 stud RB's a yr. Doesnt hurt a bit.

Reactions: 1 person
Green has mentioned that he wants to play in the NFL and he thinks his style most resembles Bo Jackson, Trent Richardson, Marshawn Lynch and Herschel Walker.

My question, can anyone name a Michigan running back of note or even play in the NFL? I can't off the top of my head.
This one is sort of a cheat since I'm a Colts fan but Mike Hart did well in his short career. Injuries just derailed him and then Donald Brown came along.

Green has mentioned that he wants to play in the NFL and he thinks his style most resembles Bo Jackson, Trent Richardson, Marshawn Lynch and Herschel Walker.

My question, can anyone name a Michigan running back of note or even play in the NFL? I can't off the top of my head.

Joe Morris- Giants
Had a good career but not in the same league was Jackson and Walker.. not even remotely close

Mike Hart

No Michigan back comes to mind but I can name the school that one of the top backs in the NFL went to... Starts with a T. Think about that Green.

You could flip that though and say Green could be the best Running Back in Michigan's storied history.

Derrick's going to be special, I just hope he's our first Heisman.

You could flip that though and say Green could be the best Running Back in Michigan's storied history.

Derrick's going to be special, I just hope he's our first Heisman.

I could flip that with "I'm sure they tell all of their running backs that and look where it got them."

I remember watching Butch Woolfolk (sp) and Tyrone Wheatly (sp) when I was younger. But having said that I was not a Mich fan so that was just random memories of CFB. And I think both went pro. My FAV running back growing up was Johnnie Jones!!!!

No Michigan back comes to mind but I can name the school that one of the top backs in the NFL went to... Starts with a T. Think about that Green.

THe Rivals guys stated that a lot of schools are actually using Arian Foster as an Anti Tennessee recruiting tool.

They say, "look at Arian Foster, he is the best RB in the NFL, had a 4 year starting career at TN and still wasn't drafted and missed out on millions of dollars on his first contract because of his Tennessee career."

Crazy I know but I could see how that could hurt us, somewhat.

THe Rivals guys stated that a lot of schools are actually using Arian Foster as an Anti Tennessee recruiting tool.

They say, "look at Arian Foster, he is the best RB in the NFL, had a 4 year starting career at TN and still wasn't drafted and missed out on millions of dollars on his first contract because of his Tennessee career."

Crazy I know but I could see how that could hurt us, somewhat.

Easy response - what about Jamal Lewis, Travis Henry, and countless other great UT RB that starred in the NFL.

Well none of them are currently in the NFL so that's ancient history to these kids.

If the kid remembers Bo Jackson if I read that corretly, they remember Lewis and Henry as they played after. Just looking for positive signs.

VN Store

Back