'14 FL LB Jakob Johnson (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boom_boom_boom.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Only one way to climb out of the hole Fulmer, Kiffin and Dooley dug for us. Gotta recruit on the same level as the Big Boys in order to play on their level.

Wish CBJ would pick his assistants as well as he's done with recruiting. Something, though, tells me we have 2-3* OC's and DC's

Attachments

• Austin-Powers_500.gif
    Austin-Powers_500.gif
    307.3 KB · Views: 553
  • hard.gif
    hard.gif
    1,008.7 KB · Views: 570
Only one way to climb out of the hole Fulmer, Kiffin and Dooley dug for us. Gotta recruit on the same level as the Big Boys in order to play on their level.

Wish CBJ would pick his assistants as well as he's done with recruiting. Something, though, tells me we have 2-3* OC's and DC's

Get over it. So you trust him picking players but not picking assistants? Something wrong with that statement. I think he understands what it takes. As in, he needs players to make his system work.

Reactions: 1 person
Get over it. So you trust him picking players but not picking assistants? Something wrong with that statement. I think he understands what it takes. As in, he needs players to make his system work.

Not really. Players are in and out in 3-4 years. Not the same for the staff... plus he has personal relationships (including other family members) with some of his staff which could cloud judgement.

Comparing the recruiting of players to picking a staff is not a good example.

I must have missed that press conference where he announced that.

What I think you missed was the part where every single one of our current commits has subsequently canceled all their planned visits after committing, with the exception of Ethan Wolf who immediately came out to reaffirm his UT commitment after visiting Alabama.

Come on, man. This isn't new.

Reactions: 1 person
What I think you missed was the part where every single one of our current commits has subsequently canceled all their planned visits after committing, with the exception of Ethan Wolf who immediately came out to reaffirm his UT commitment after visiting Alabama.

Come on, man. This isn't new.

It's pretty obvious, I don't know why it's such a big deal to some. Just like every policy there seem to have been some exceptions in certain cases. They see those and go "oh look this proves it wrong"! Like I said before, it wouldn't surprise me if this is the recruits idea. If not a mutual thing regardless of how it started.

“my coaches told me not to commit right away on my first visit, but tennessee is everything i thought it was going to be[.] was really just looking for the atmosphere. The only thing that would have kept me from coming to tennessee would have been if the atmosphere would have been bad and everything. It was amazing for me to see how close this team is, how they stick together, even through all those bad things that happened. That was pretty great for me to see.”

“the team and the coaching staff, it’s, like, a real family type of atmosphere,” he said. “the fan base is really amazing. To be struggling all throughout the season and you’ve still got 97,000 people coming to their game, that’s incredible. I wasn’t really looking for the biggest stage. It’s really just the atmosphere with the coaches and in the locker room. If you watched the game, there was never a point where the team got at each other’s throats. When the defense was on the field, the offense was standing on the sideline supporting the defense and the other way around, so that was exciting for me to see.”

“i’m going to take my other visits to check those other schools out,” he said. “but tennessee, they made a really strong point. Just that feeling on campus and the atmosphere, it’s amazing. I don’t really think anything else can compare to that.

"but tennessee’s the place to be.”

siap

Reactions: 2 people
I think this guy flew under everybody's radar playing in Germany. I believe CBJ has found a beast out, destroying stud in this guy. I don't have any idea how he found him, but dayum!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back