'14 FL LB Jakob Johnson (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info.

That's the opposite of what I would have guessed. I would have assumed this kid would be a clearinghouse nightmare trying to get an EE

I had experience with Germany, South Africa, New Zealand, Cameroon, Mexico, and Brazil

Germany, South Africa, Cameroon, and New Zealand were significantly ahead (9 kids in total from those countries)

only 1 kid from Brazil - he was about on pace

only 1 kid from Mexico and he was considerably behind

you also have to remember the kids who usually are in the boat to travel to the US are not the kids coming out of their ghettos - so probably comparing people with access to really good schools in those countries

Would like Bryant to be in this class and if Dews moves on I'm cool with that. Johnson seems like he would be a beast at LB with an RS year to get used to everything at the next level. We need more speed at LB....hell at every position on both sides of the ball.

More from Uzzi...

"Mother is german, both parents live in Stuttgart. There are about a hundred or so D1 lvl kids playing club ball in Germany. Most never get a shot to show their stuffs.

I have had a few conversations with the kid, suprised if he is not a Vol soon, only wildcard would be if FSU jumps in. He has talked to Bjorn Werner too."

Reactions: 3 people
Would like Bryant to be in this class and if Dews moves on I'm cool with that. Johnson seems like he would be a beast at LB with an RS year to get used to everything at the next level. We need more speed at LB....hell at every position on both sides of the ball.

I like Bryant too but some seem to think there is a serious risk of him qualifying - when you need a talent infusion as much as we do you can't take the risk of one of the 30 not being a qualifier, especially at LB - my guess is that is why the coaches are still recruiting LB so hard

"Tennessee really likes him as a player, and honestly hard not to blame them. He's 6-4,240-pounds and can run.

If you're trying to get the 30 best players available I think you take him. Still surprised more haven't offered, but like Uzzi said, if FSU offers that changes some dynamics but right now they are having some numbers issues of their own."

- Fortenberry

I like Bryant too but some seem to think there is a serious risk of him qualifying - when you need a talent infusion as much as we do you can't take the risk of one of the 30 not being a qualifier, especially at LB - my guess is that is why the coaches are still recruiting LB so hard

Yeah I understand the qualifying issue but I thought I read in his thread that things were looking good. Hate to give up on a kid if he's trying to get it together. I can see JJ being a terror in a few years with his size and speed. We need ballers bad on defense.

Yeah I understand the qualifying issue but I thought I read in his thread that things were looking good. Hate to give up on a kid if he's trying to get it together. I can see JJ being a terror in a few years with his size and speed. We need ballers bad on defense.

they are going to be making some tough calls over the next few months for sure

He was also pretty confident on Lawson and got that one wrong, just saying.

That's incorrect. Uzzi is Constatin Ritzmann who is a former Vol and trained Lawson and now trains '15 UT commit, Andrew Butcher. During Lawson's recruitment he gave updates on VQ but never once said he was going to be a Vol. Butch came close to landing Lawson but didn't. Uzzi only gave firsthand updates on what was happening behind the scenes. He never said Lawson was going to be a Vol. He was optimistic at times but mostly he said Auburn would be hard to beat.

Reactions: 1 person
That's incorrect. Uzzi is Constatin Ritzmann who is a former Vol and trained Lawson and now trains '15 UT commit, Andrew Butcher. During Lawson's recruitment he gave updates on VQ but never once said he was going to be a Vol. Butch came close to landing Lawson but didn't. Uzzi only gave firsthand updates on what was happening behind the scenes. He never said Lawson was going to be a Vol. He was optimistic at times but mostly he said Auburn would be hard to beat.

Overly optimistic I'd say. I remember reading all of those posts. My bad for implying he said he would be a Vol.

Or maybe UT actually came very close to landing Lawson.

I'm not gonna argue circumstances that happened almost a year ago, but my opinion is he presented the info in a way that made it seem like our chances of getting Lawson were greater than they actually were, therefore I will take Uzzi's info with a grain of salt. Just my take. Anyone else is free to take his info however they like.

I'm not gonna argue circumstances that happened almost a year ago, but my opinion is he presented the info in a way that made it seem like our chances of getting Lawson were greater than they actually were, therefore I will take Uzzi's info with a grain of salt. Just my take. Anyone else is free to take his info however they like.

Agreed.

And also you might have a very good future in politics with that very well thought out very well worded rubutal

How do you know what our chances really were?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back