'15 GA DT Quay Picou (UT Signee 2/4/15)

Given Buford's success in Georgia HS football, it's surprisingly difficult to find stats on their players. But I finally found Picou's here: 18 tackles and 1 sack in 14 games.

According to this article, Picou rotated at DT with Nick Polino, a UNC commit who registered 32 tackles and a sack last year, but his highlight tape shows him also lining up at DE.

For what it is worth. I met a young man in Vail, CO who had been a roommate of Picou. Didn't have time to get that one figured out. However, he really went on about his high character and what a great guy he was. When we got around to on the field, he talked in detail about his explosiveness off the snap. Can't wait to see how Picou works out.

Reminds me of Cam Heyward. Quick off the ball at point of contact and good hand position for hs jr.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

In UGAs own backyard and they didn't offer?

We probably beat them to it on this one. Metro Atlanta itself has more high school football talent than a number of entire states do, and CBJ's ace card with nabbing prospects in "enemy" territory has been identifying them first and offering first and being the first to recruit hard before the "local schools" enter the picture. Same deal with Preston Williams, pursue earlier than most and it seems to pay off. Also another tidbit about Metro Atlanta: it's not exactly an iron-clad stronghold for UGA support as many might assume. Atlanta's exponential growth in the 80s and the 90s caused a massive influx of people from all around the country to move there. As such, a lot of the children of those who came to Atlanta in the 80s and 90s are reaching college age and don't have that "native allegiance" to the state school; they have the allegiance their parents from other places passed to them. If UGA LOCKED Atlanta down, they'd be winning national championships. But hey, I won't complain if we can take advantage of any ineptitude.

Reactions: 3 people
Last edited:
Surprisingly confident and comfortable in the interview for a high schooler. Said he models him game after Dominic Easley. Let's hope he's half that! Do yourself a favor...this is an entertaining interview.
Yep he and Austin do great interviews. Glad we got both of these guys.

We need them to get Isaac to commit soon :)

Reactions: 1 person
Quay looks like a DE. Athletic enough too
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He looks raw but super athletic for sure. He has an explosive first step off the LOS. I think he's a DT all the way. But he does have a really nice frame. For his size he looks like he could still add a lot of good weight.

He looks raw but super athletic for sure. He has an explosive first step off the LOS. I think he's a DT all the way. But he does have a really nice frame. For his size he looks like he could still add a lot of good weight.

Agreed. Raw power and great pop.. Rotation setting up nicely for multiple years

Trent, Huggins, and Ledbetter will be the best in the country.

Ummmm.... no one gives a flute

MAC,SHY,QUAY DISAGREE' STRONGLY

not to mention Settle still likes us and I visiting, and big Quay will be bumped in the ratings, a big jump. Promise

And I guarantee you lose one of those guys before it's all said and done-

VN Store

Back