'17 AL DE LaBryan Ray

I believe you can still use the NFL draft. We did not have anybody drafted the last two years, but that is only an outlier compared to our historical trend. Now I know a lot of recruits make their decisions based on what is happening now or what has happened recently, but at Tennessee we can still point to a large pedigree of NFL draft picks and legends. We can still point to the active VFLs in the league, the amount of draft picks, and first rounders. Also, I believe before the last two years we had one of the longest streaks of putting a player in the NFL in the country. Our coaches can put a lot of the last two years on depth and coaching changes at Tennessee. In Butch's fourth year at Tennessee he is looking at putting 3-4 guys in the NFL. Plus how awesome is it for a DE to come in and go against White, Barnett, and other greats that have played at Tennessee.

Even though it is going to be an uphill battle, I think we are in play a lot more here than we were for Akers. Ray officially visited and loved it. Also, I was glad to see us send a strong group to visit him. I know Alabama is at the top right now, but I hope Ray sees how special Tennessee truly is, views it as an opportunity to do something different than the typical recruit, and leave a lasting legacy.

Reactions: 1 person
If anyone can convince him to come, it's Coach Wells. His relationship will go along way in this decision.

About to change!
Definite: Barnett, Sutton, Kamara, JRM, Malone, Dobbs
Possible: Croom, Vereen, Weisman

You think Dobbs is a definite? He's borderline to me. I wouldn't be surprised to see Vereen sneek in. I'm not sure about Croom. His injuries could be a concern, but a team willing to take a risk would have a high-upside player, IMO.

You think Dobbs is a definite? He's borderline to me. I wouldn't be surprised to see Vereen sneek in. I'm not sure about Croom. His injuries could be a concern, but a team willing to take a risk would have a high-upside player, IMO.

With the way the NFL values QBs and seeing what Dak has done this year, someone will draft Dobbs in the later rounds imo. He has been undervalued here and I believe that he can develop into a good QB with good coaching. He improved tremendously from 2015-2016 in his passing. Plus, he is a fantastic athlete and is incredibly smart as well. He'll do very well in interviews

Trying to think, have Bama's dline draftees done much in the league? Marcel Darius- bust, Fat Cody-bust. Who am I not thinking of?

Trying to think, have Bama's dline draftees done much in the league? Marcel Darius- bust, Fat Cody-bust. Who am I not thinking of?

All of bamas big name draftees are busts I can only think of 3 that aren't

TN can't play the NFL game with any big time school. three years without anyone being drafted leaves a pretty big stink

Butch Jones first full class is sending two guys to the league early. Plus Kamara. Plus any seniors who are drafted.

Dobbs is training at IMG Academy so he's serious about getting that look. He's too cerebral and has good upside to be a Pro QB. He'll get a shot.

My friend told me that more Alabama players than any other school were selected to the Pro Bowl this year. That true?

Marcell Dareus is FAR from a bust in the NFL. An NFL all-pro, 2 Pro Bowls, nearly 291 tackles and 34 sacks in 6 seasons as a DT (NT mostly). Rated as PFF's #3 interior lineman in 2015, one spot ahead of Ndamakong Suh who has put up 309 tackles and 37 sacks in the same span. That is a nice start to a career.

Jarran Reed, A'Shawn Robinson, Wallace Gilberry, Quinton Dial to name a few others, all of which have had nice NFL careers or show promise

Reactions: 3 people

If he fell into the late rounds a team like Seattle would draft him.

Zero chance he goes undrafted unless something negative comes out about him character-wise that we don't know about. And I'd put the chances of that happening at close to zero.

VN Store

Back