1985 Auburn game

That was my first UT game. I do not remember Bo playing in the second half. I was on the field after the game. My blood has run orange ever since.
The reason Bo didn't play in the second half is because he got hit hard so many times he took himself out of the game. I saw that game on tv and they showed Bo several times on the sideline watching the second half... :yes:

The reason Bo didn't play in the second half is because he got hit hard so many times he took himself out of the game. I saw that game on tv and they showed Bo several times on the sideline watching the second half... :yes:

I wonder if that game contributed to the necrosis in his hip...he did get popped several times...Sit down, Bo!

Eric Swanson was a receiver on that team, I believe. He should be a case study for all wide outs (along with Tim Mcghee)

I was there. Auburn couldn't cover UT's receivers and once the Vols got the lead, they really wratcheted up the defense. The game was over in the middle of the second quarter.

I wasn't there for this one, but I have in on tape. I loved the way T Robinson threw the ball on the run. Remember the TD against UCLA when he was rolling to his left and rifled it with a flick of the wrist to Clinkscales? That's how I wanted to throw the ball. Tim, Eric, and Joey had some fun that day. So did the defense. That was the first time I ever saw Tennessee's defense play that great against a top 5 team, especially #16, the DB. I forget his name, but he was replaced by Victor Peppers, I think. If anyone knows for sure, let me know what #16's name was.

I also fondly remember the Bowl Season from that year, because it was the first time in my life I could remember that we played in something big. Texas A&M was on ESPN every single Saturday night, and they went on to beat Auburn in the Cotton Bowl. Jamie Morris, "little" Joe's brother, and Michigan beat Nebraska 27-22. Chuck Long and Iowa got throttled by UCLA and a frosh RB named Tim Ball.

I was there. I was in on leave and the Mayfields gave me some prime tickets!

dawg you in with the Mayfields, I can remember growing up when Mayfields was on sale my mom would send me and my sisters into the store and we would all go through seperate checkout lanes and load our deep-freezer up with Mayfields. I dont remember the 85 game I know my sister called me after the 89 or 90 Auburn game when it was pouring down with rain and we made it on the inside cover of S.I.

I was there...if I remember correctly (doubtful), on Auburn's 1'st possession, they ran Jackson right 3 times in a row...and we stuffed them every play. Jackson didn't return because of "knee injury". All I remember is Robinson lighting them up, and all the AU fans leaving in a really bad mood. What made it memorable was that was the 1st time I had ever seen UT beat down a #1 team.

I am presently transferring my old VHS games to DVD. The 1985 Auburn game is one of the many I am going to transfer. Would anyone be interested in this game or any others? If so, I will make copies and post when I have them available.

I am presently transferring my old VHS games to DVD. The 1985 Auburn game is one of the many I am going to transfer. Would anyone be interested in this game or any others? If so, I will make copies and post when I have them available.

YO! Right here!!

I was there. I sold cokes that season just to see all the games and I made over $40 that night. I remember my parents trying to get me out of Neyland since it was a mad house!

Here is the Robinson SI Cover.

Attachments

• Tony Robinson Buries Auburn.jpg
    Tony Robinson Buries Auburn.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 5
i was not there, but i remember it well.....that was a great game.

pop quiz: anybody know where the goal post cross bar wound up after that game?

follow up: where is it now? (i don't know this one).

you should definitely move back. i am super sticious (sp?) like that

Well, I upgraded. I have since re-upgraded. My comfy-chair would be very hard to give up for an end-zone seat.

I saw some pretty good wins from section T as well. So far I am 0-2 in the captain's chair.

After Parrish picking off all those passes during the spring, and coming out of nowhere, the coaches are comparing him to Chris White. I hope that pans out. I think White had about nine picks that year; his Sr. year.

I don't recall it had to be one or the other but as I was reading that post I was thinking that if we still have defensive coaches around from those days..........

VN Store

Back