2013 Vols Depth Chart (Preseason)

McNeil is listed ahead of B. Moore right now. Cody Blanc is also listed as a starting receiver, for all those still mad about offering him :)

Reactions: 10 people
Some interesting positions shown, but I'm sure its just a PRE-SEASON depth chart that changes quick and often.

And I think its good to have a 2013 version white lighting playing snaps...because CB is fast at 6'3".

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Palardy doing all the kicking, again. Good grief, the days of being solid at punter are long gone.

Reactions: 8 people
Things I found interesting:

1.) Marlin Lane not in the two deep at RB (still in the doghouse?)

2.) Maggit listed as Brewers backup at Strongside Linebacker

3.) Blanc, Howard, and Pig as our starting three WRs with Bowles no where to be seen (Sadly I wouldn't be surprised to see him transfer after this year)

4.) Palardy retains all kicking positions so hopefully we some improvement from him

Blanc has some valuable experience, albeit limited, and his ability has never disappointed. I think we have talented receivers, just inexperienced. I feel better looking at this chart, especially in the secondary.

I'm sure Maggitt will start, but how is his injury coming along?

things i found interesting:

1.) marlin lane not in the two deep at rb (still in the doghouse?)

2.) maggit listed as brewers backup at strongside linebacker

3.) blanc, croom, and pig as our starting three wrs with bowles no where to be seen (sadly i wouldn't be surprised to see him transfer after this year)

4.) palardy retains all kicking positions so hopefully we some improvement from him

fyp

Brewer over Maggitt is the biggest surprise to me. There are probably some strategic moves by the coaches on there to motivate some guys.

Reactions: 2 people
I'd still like to see Byron Moore get a shot at CB.

Actually I think Palardy does better when he is engaged into the game instead of only Kick-off and field goal.

I think he's serviceable at all 3 positions. I just don't like 1 guy handling it all. That's a ton of kicks on one leg, all year. And it proves that we really don't have anyone else at punter. That was more my point.

If Butch really has helped Palardy "clear his head", then I think he can be a good FG kicker and punter. I'm more concerned about how long he can be good, throughout the season.

I'm hoping Maggit can get over this injury bug. Also I'm disappointed to see my hometown boy (Bowles) to not make top 2. What is the deal? Anyone?

VN Store

Back