2013 Vols Depth Chart (Preseason)

What kind of freak of nature mustache is that on J.R. Carr (longsnapper). Wow....Adam Morrison move over.

:crazy:

Reactions: 2 people
I said it in the recruiting forum but it gave me a chuckle that there are listed 12 defensive starters. Before everyone jumps down my throat I know that is how they do it sometimes with co-starters etc but just imagine the response if dooley had put out 12 starters with our issues with getting 11 guys on the field.

If Maggitt isn't on the filed for the majority of snaps there are going to be A LOT of pissed off people!!!!!!!!!!

Concerns me that Kerbyson is listed twice in the 2 deep and Kendrick is backing up Tiny......looks like Posey and Pair aren't developing. If not now then I'm guessing we won't be seeing them on the field much in their careers.

And Bowles has pretty much been MIA his entire time on the hill. Disappointing.

If Maggitt isn't on the filed for the majority of snaps there are going to be A LOT of pissed off people!!!!!!!!!!

So if Brewer and Sapp earn starting positions... people are going to be mad because the coaches started them? There are no guarantees whatsoever that Maggitt will beat those two guys out.

Observations:

Defense:

Our front seven is going to be REALLY good IMO. If we can get a pass rush this will be the nations most improved defense.

I would imagine Maggitt will start once he gets back in the swing of things. However I think Brewer will be a very important player for us, especially on third downs.

The corners are YOUNG, which scares me more than youth at QB.

The safties will hopefully cover up for their mistakes.

Offense:

Looks like Lane is being motivated to keep his nose clean.

Bullard over Jackson is mildly surprising. Would imagine that battle continues throughout camp.

I think North passes both Blanc and Harris by the Florida game at the latest, if not before the end of fall camp.

Think Croom is gonna ball out. Seems the coaches are encouraged by his work thus far.

The "or" listing of the QBs is telling IMO. Means neither have really stood out at all in the coaches minds. Dobbs and Ferguson, the job is yours if you want it.

Reactions: 1 person
This is nothing to even look twice at. I'm sure it will look completely different by the 31st. I would guess CBJ is rewarding those that worked their tails off in the spring and summer but when it comes to fighting for positions with pads on things will level out. Lane will have to earn a spot after being out most of the off season and I'm sure he will.
Those with injuries that kept them out the majority of the time will need to prove they are healthy and in shape before being considered in their old role.
CBJ is just showing that each position is a wide open race right now and you have to earn it. It's hard to do that when you haven't practiced.

Reactions: 3 people
Our front seven is going to be REALLY good IMO. If we can get a pass rush this will be the nations most improved defense.

Completely disagree. Other than Jordan Williams, nobody on the team has shown an ability to get to the QB, and even then it's not like Williams is Michael Strahan. He's the only hope of a consistent pass rush with Miller being more of a run stopper. I, again, will not buy the Jacquez Smith hype.

Reactions: 3 people
Couch was a surpirse not starting as well. I wonder if it has to do with Coach Strip saying he like one big DT and one lighter, athletic DT and Couch is simply to heavy for the other DT position. Nonetheless I am sure he will have plenty of PT.

Completely disagree. Other than Jordan Williams, nobody on the team has shown an ability to get to the QB, and even then it's not like Williams is Michael Strahan. He's the only hope of a consistent pass rush with Miller being more of a run stopper. I, again, will not buy the Jacquez Smith hype.

This front seven will be VERY strong against the run.

Couch was a surpirse not starting as well. I wonder if it has to do with Coach Strip saying he like one big DT and one lighter, athletic DT and Couch is simply to heavy for the other DT position. Nonetheless I am sure he will have plenty of PT.

Couch was injured in spring. He will start.

Reactions: 1 person
My concerns are the defensive line for next year, 6 out of 8 are seniors. I'm hoping we can get a few big uglies to fill the void.

Reactions: 2 people
Did not the coaches say Maggitt is ready to go? Why in the hell is he in the 2 deep if he's still hurt? Wouldn't that basically sideline him? :loco::confused:

VN Store

Back