2013 Vols Depth Chart (Preseason)

Max Arnold makes the 2 deep, that's got to be surprising.

I bet either or will happen:

1) JRM takes over that spot

or....

2) The staff just uses Moore, McNeil, and Randolph at safety and rotates them.

McNeil is listed ahead of B. Moore right now. Cody Blanc is also listed as a starting receiver, for all those still mad about offering him :)

Yawn, Preseason, it will look nothing like this come August 31.

Observations:

Defense:

Our front seven is going to be REALLY good IMO. If we can get a pass rush this will be the nations most improved defense. Agree

I would imagine Maggitt will start once he gets back in the swing of things. However I think Brewer will be a very important player for us, especially on third downs. CM is the special player, trying to play thru injuries was his down fall to ACL

The corners are YOUNG, which scares me more than youth at QB. :good!:

The safties will hopefully cover up for their mistakes. With pressure up front this is not an issue

Offense:

Looks like Lane is being motivated to keep his nose clean. I read it was grades

Bullard over Jackson is mildly surprising. Would imagine that battle continues throughout camp. :good!:

I think North passes both Blanc and Harris by the Florida game at the latest, if not before the end of fall camp. :good!:

Think Croom is gonna ball out. Seems the coaches are encouraged by his work thus far. I think he is a wait and see, if he can take hits across the middle

The "or" listing of the QBs is telling IMO. Means neither have really stood out at all in the coaches minds. Dobbs and Ferguson, the job is yours if you want it. :good!:

Curt Maggitt was a huge loss to the defense 2012, he is the difference maker pressuring the QB

Did not the coaches say Maggitt is ready to go? Why in the hell is he in the 2 deep if he's still hurt? Wouldn't that basically sideline him? :loco::confused:

awb0xe.png

Reactions: 4 people
Observations:

Defense:

Our front seven is going to be REALLY good IMO. If we can get a pass rush this will be the nations most improved defense.

I would imagine Maggitt will start once he gets back in the swing of things. However I think Brewer will be a very important player for us, especially on third downs.

The corners are YOUNG, which scares me more than youth at QB.

The safties will hopefully cover up for their mistakes.

Offense:

Looks like Lane is being motivated to keep his nose clean.

Bullard over Jackson is mildly surprising. Would imagine that battle continues throughout camp.

I think North passes both Blanc and Harris by the Florida game at the latest, if not before the end of fall camp.

Think Croom is gonna ball out. Seems the coaches are encouraged by his work thus far.

The "or" listing of the QBs is telling IMO. Means neither have really stood out at all in the coaches minds. Dobbs and Ferguson, the job is yours if you want it.

I enjoyed reading your post until your last sentence. Dobbs nor Ferg will see the field this year. They will both be redshirted & come into next season stronger & ready to compete for the job. JMO

Reactions: 2 people
I enjoyed reading your post until your last sentence. Dobbs nor Ferg will see the field this year. They will both be redshirted & come into next season stronger & ready to compete for the job. JMO

Under normal circumstances I'd agree with you. Starting freshmen at QB is not good. All I'm saying is the opportunity is there if either of them grab it.

Reactions: 1 person
i wouldnt be surprised to see peterman or a true freshman starting this season...might as well let them get the kinks out now and i just dont think there is really a point in playing worley as a junior just to lose his starting job next season when we arent going to be competing for a championship this season. might as well let the players get experience and develop

I hope LaTroy Lewis and Corey Vereen get some playing time. I thought they both looked like they might two of our strongest pass rushers in the spring game.

FOOTBALLS ALMOST HEREEEEE

personally I would hold Maggitt out of the first 2 games to make sure he's good and healed and then start him against Oregon. We shouldn't need him for those first 2 games anyway.

Reactions: 2 people
My Guess at the starting lineup come Oregon:
*-indicating my impact players

Offense:
QB: Justin Worley
RB: Neal/Lane
WR: Jason Croom*
WR: MarQuez North
WR: Pig Howard/Harris/Young
TE: Brendan Downs
LT: Tiny Richardson*
LG: Alex Bullard*
C: James Stone*
RG: Zach Fulton*
RT: JuWuan James*

Defense:
DE: Jacquez Smith and Marlon Walls
DT: Big Dan* and Mo Couch
MLB: A.J. The BEAST*
OLB: Curt Maggitt and Dontavis Sapp
NickleB: Brent Brewer
SS: Byron Moore
FS: Brian Randolph
CB: Justin Coleman and Riyahd Jones

I think there is a chance that Ladarrell McNeil could either take over one of the CB spots or move Randolph to CB and McNeil to FS

THis will be a foundation year for sure, but with the coaching and the tallent, upsets are definitely in the realm of possibilities. This team will fight and not crumble like past teams thanks to Butch and staff's coaching.

Class of 2014 will be exciting to see!

We're RISING BACK TO THE TOP!!! It's only a matter of time!!!!

My Guess at the starting lineup come Oregon:
*-indicating my impact players

Offense:
QB: Justin Worley
RB: Neal/Lane
WR: Jason Croom*
WR: MarQuez North
WR: Pig Howard/Harris/Young
TE: Brendan Downs
LT: Tiny Richardson*
LG: Alex Bullard*
C: James Stone*
RG: Zach Fulton*
RT: JuWuan James*

Defense:
DE: Jacquez Smith and Marlon Walls
DT: Big Dan* and Mo Couch
MLB: A.J. The BEAST*
OLB: Curt Maggitt and Dontavis Sapp
NickleB: Brent Brewer
SS: Byron Moore
FS: Brian Randolph
CB: Justin Coleman and Riyahd Jones

I think there is a chance that Ladarrell McNeil could either take over one of the CB spots or move Randolph to CB and McNeil to FS

THis will be a foundation year for sure, but with the coaching and the tallent, upsets are definitely in the realm of possibilities. This team will fight and not crumble like past teams thanks to Butch and staff's coaching.

Class of 2014 will be exciting to see!

We're RISING BACK TO THE TOP!!! It's only a matter of time!!!!

This is reasonable. That's interesting to think about moving either Randolph, McNeil or B. Moore to corner. I think that could be a good move. We need depth at corner for sure. It would be awesome to find a way to get all 3 of those guys on the field at the same time. I feel like they are probably 3 of our best talents in the secondary.

i wouldnt be surprised to see peterman or a true freshman starting this season...might as well let them get the kinks out now and i just dont think there is really a point in playing worley as a junior just to lose his starting job next season when we arent going to be competing for a championship this season. might as well let the players get experience and develop

Would you feel that way if you were Worley and performed the best coming out of fall camp?

Would you feel that way if you were Worley and performed the best coming out of fall camp?

If Worley is playing the best coming out of fall camp, he'll be the starter. No doubt.

Butch is not just developing this year. He's gonna try to win as many games as he can right away.

Unless all the quarterbacks are bad. Then I guess I could see going with the younger guy.

VN Store

Back