2016 NFL Draft Thread

So, Adam Schefter was talking about Tunsil needing to mature because he threw his Ole Miss coaches under the bus....what is mature about covering up rule violations? What is mature about lying? Or saying "no comment"?

What a douche.

Reactions: 2 people
So, Adam Schefter was talking about Tunsil needing to mature because he threw his Ole Miss coaches under the bus....what is mature about covering up rule violations? What is mature about lying? Or saying "no comment"?

What a douche.

Or perhaps mature by not taking money? I know lots and lots of kids are doing it and I'm not faulting him for it, but he did wrong then basically told on the school for it. I don't see Schefty being a douche here.

What a douche.

What's so mature about what he did? Pretty convenient for him to be mature and tell the truth after it will no longer affect him or his playing status in college. If baby huey was such a mature guy, he would have fessed up a couple of years ago.

Or perhaps mature by not taking money? I know lots and lots of kids are doing it and I'm not faulting him for it, but he did wrong then basically told on the school for it. I don't see Schefty being a douche here.

Well yeah, but AS specified because he "threw coaches under the bus". LT definitely has room to mature, but AS wasn't talking about taking the money or smoking weed.

It's insane because a journalist's response should be "thank you for being so forthcoming" instead of "you need to grow up and hide the truth".

What's so mature about what he did? Pretty convenient for him to be mature and tell the truth after it will no longer affect him or his playing status in college. If baby huey was such a mature guy, he would have fessed up a couple of years ago.

I didn't say he was being mature. I said hiding the truth wouldn't be mature.

I didn't say he was being mature. I said hiding the truth wouldn't be mature.

If you have escaped being held accountable for an action, it's probably best to shut your mouth instead of throwing everyone else under the bus and getting them hammered while you know you will get away unscathed. His drop in draft position had nothing to do with taking money (I honestly don't have any way of knowing that for sure) and more to do with the drug use.

If you have escaped being held accountable for an action, it's probably best to shut your mouth instead of throwing everyone else under the bus and getting them hammered while you know you will get away unscathed. His drop in draft position had nothing to do with taking money (I honestly don't have any way of knowing that for sure) and more to do with the drug use.

My comments are less about LT and more about Schefter and the climate of college football. The system is so bull****...even if you don't want to pay the players, we can all agree enforcement is a joke.

It's like we don't want to be honest about how bad the system is. It's never gonna change when the media is telling players to hide the truth.

Yep. Cal has been total garbage lately. Went a dismal 1-11 in Goff's first year.

Forget his freshman year and he's 13-12.

IMO, a true franchise QB is going to give you a chance at a playoff spot, no matter how mediocre the rest of the team is. Barely going .500 in the PAC 12 doesn't speak well. His team really could be that bad, but IDK.

Jay Cutler had a terrible college record. He's good, but he isn't exactly the type to will his team to the playoffs. Would people consider him a franchise QB?

Jay Cutler had a terrible college record. He's good, but he isn't exactly the type to will his team to the playoffs. Would people consider him a franchise QB?

Brady, Ben, Cam, Russell and Rodgers are pretty much the only franchise quarterbacks right now.

I think the term gets thrown around too much. In my eyes, a franchise qb is one that drastically changes the direction of the franchise for years by giving them a consistent shot at winning a Super Bowl.

Forget his freshman year and he's 13-12.

IMO, a true franchise QB is going to give you a chance at a playoff spot, no matter how mediocre the rest of the team is. Barely going .500 in the PAC 12 doesn't speak well. His team really could be that bad, but IDK.

I haven't watched them, but Gruden and Co were talking briefly last night about how terrible their offensive line has been. I can understand where you're coming from, but to put up the numbers he has the last couple of years and still barely break even in the win column? I have to assume the team around him has been pretty terrible.

The Jags are building a deadly defense. They have a great duo at WR, they might be able to get taken seriously now.

VN Store

Back