*****2019 Early Signing Day on VolNation

I hope we sign some BIG surprises!!!

Come play at Tennessee and help make footVOL history as we climb back to the Top!

VFL...GBO!!!

Any surprises would be quite a surprise (Eboigbe, Cain). Ellis and Payton are more realistic, less of a surprise.

Hopefully the improvement of the oline starts today! It will be great to get some aggressive and motivated linemen.

Reactions: feathersax
tenor.gif

Last edited:
UT Vols football: Jeremy Pruitt is recruiting Tennessee differently than Butch Jones. Will it work?

Interesting read

When it came to recruiting, former Tennessee football coach Butch Jones talked a lot about owning the state.

He was a man of his word, too, signing a combined 37 players from Tennessee during his five-year tenure.

In hindsight, however, he might have gotten a little carried away.

“I think a lot of times Tennessee (under Jones) would offer without having seen a kid face to face,” said Austin Price, who covers Tennessee football and recruiting for Rivals’ Volquest.com. “In today’s world of recruiting, so much of it is a copycat deal. ‘Oh, Virginia Tech offered, Georgia offered. Well, we’d better offer him.’ Or, ‘Hey, I hear so-and-so is about to offer, so we better get in before they do.’

Jeremy Pruitt is not going about it that way.”

It’s not as though Pruitt, who recently completed his first year as the Vols coach, is completely abandoning the Volunteer state — he signed eight in-state prospects to last year’s class. He has, however, shown a bit more restraint than his predecessor.

Reactions: dduncan4163

VN Store

Back