*****2019 Early Signing Day on VolNation

If tennessee was vandy this class would be developed into a top 20 team on the field. Tennessee has failded to hire coaches with this ability for a decade now.
We will see what happens next year.

Keeping sticking your head in the sand if it makes you happy. Who should have been on the field? Well for the last 2 games it looks like it didn’t matter. I would start walk ons over guys that didn’t practice since you’re going to lose the game either way. I know we didn’t get any 5*s last year, I addressed that. I also know Butch only brought in three 5*s his entire time here. You want to give Pruitt credit for guys who haven’t signed yet. When they sign I’ll give him credit, not before
Ok man continue on

Ok man continue on

His original comment was responding to "for the season we just had, 17th nationally is good." He disagreed and gave reasons why he disagreed.

He was immediately called a gator.

Then you said his response was the dumbest thing you've read. To be honest, your response wasn't the smartest thing I've read, that's for sure.

I didn't agree with everything he said, but I pretty much agree with him overall.

I wish I could agree with you but that’s not how 2nd recruiting classes are supposed to go. 1st recruiting class after a coaching change is always rough. But the 2nd class is supposed to be a home run. Coach tells the recruits “things have been bad here but that is why I was brought in. I’ve got a plan to get UT back on top but I need you to do it.” 2nd recruiting classes are about how well a coach can sell the hype that he’s the right coach for the job and that he’s starting a championship tradition.

Problem is Pruitt looked completely out coached in a lot of games. He did things like insult players on camera, talk bad about players during interviews, kicked a white board during a game, had a player walk off the field during a game, had players just going through the motions instead of going to a bowl game, had his OC quit after 1 season. So many games this season the players didn’t look prepared or fired up.

Honestly a lot of players looked like they didn’t want to be there. That is on Pruitt for letting them still wear the orange and white on Saturdays. When recruits visited they talked with these players who dogged the team, the university, and the coaching staff. Pruitt wants these players to give their all but shows no punishment for guys who don’t. If I’m a recruit and I see players half azzing it during practice and still playing on Saturdays then I know that isn’t a place for me.
Look, I can see that you’re frustrated with the wat that the season went and I know that as a head coach CJP is responsible for everything that happens on and off the field with respect tp the football program. But with that being said, he cant come into a program and just destroy moral by grinding the guys that have been there into the dirt. There is going to be growing pains, and although I was raised that if there is a new boss you shut up and do what your told, most of these kids weren’t raised that way. There are different kinds of leadsership, and I believe that Pruitt is hard on them until they start to crack, then he lets up so that they get a chance to bounce back and buy back into his philosophy. He needs to win the leaders in the locker room and the up and comers to get the program back on its feet. Once we are a dynasty, then he can be a hard a** all he wants because recruits and good players will be a dime a dozen. Until then expect to see some players play after a bit of an attitude adjustment and maybe a few more white boards kicked too. GBO!!

We'll likely finish in the 9 to 12 range nationally. That is definitely good enough so long as the coaches develop the players. We relly need to have a decent season next year to secure a 4 to 8 ranked class....then keep that up. All the national title winners over the last 20 years had at least 2 top ten classes within a 4 year span. That is the thing to look for. You need to average about 3.5 stars per player and have 2 top 10 classes over a 4 year span to be competitive.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Never understood how people just thought Pruitt would hit it out of the park recruiting this year. His team was 4-8 with two horrible losses to end the season. He lost his OC and refused to sign one before signing day. He is recruiting in the SEC against coaches with much better HC resumes than he has. What he did in the past working for the big name coaches isn't the same as being out on your own and recruiting to your name and your results as HC. Having said that where the class is now is about what you could expect at this time. I hope his staff can develop what they have signed already. The only disturbing part is there seems to be a lot of good in-state talent that left and signed with some good teams.

Reactions: Vols_Life
I don't think you can put much stock in the team ranking till after February signing day, but being ranked 17th (7th in SEC) currently is concerning atm.

Considering we had top classes years past the ranking doesn't bother me one bit because clearly the top ranked classes did nothing for Tennessee.

In terms of simple marketing use of the word artisan without substance, totally get it. As it refers to real craftsmanship, and in this case, whiskey, I’m a believer in substantive craftsmanship as it relates to a superior product vs. mass produced and overhyped bourbon.

Jus’ sayin’.....this stuff is very smooth, and worthy of it’s rating.
I can't wait to give it try...again, thanks for sharing!

So, only 3 stars and below need development?🤔...

Not what you said, I know, but...

No matter the "media, talking heads", often misleading, rating that a player has, they still need to be developed and groomed to step up to the next level. Granted, there seems to be some increased value for a player with such higher ratings, but it still falls onto the coaching staff to help bring out the player's max potential, AND to make sure that player is the best fit for the coaching staff's system/style (to me this is way undervalued).

Heard a statement from Saban (please forgive me for mentioning him, but it was a good analogy). He stated "...just because a puppy has big feet, does not mean he will grow up to be the biggest dog...", I think this describes these college recruits perfectly.

Just my two cents...

I'd say pretty much all 3* recruits need considerable development, wheres not all 4-5* recruits do; Derek Barnett and Nick Chubb come to mind.

Dbarnett.png

NChubb-Stats.png

Both came into their respective programs as freshmen playing at a very high level, and needed little development. The same can't be said for the vast majority of 3* players. Statistically if you manage to stack your team into the 2-3 deep with 4-5* players, you've increased the likelihood that you'll have players that with little no additional development, can contribute immediately.

Pruitt is never going to have that luxury at UT, and will always have to develop some 3* players as starters, there's no way around it, and if he is incapable of doing so, he won't be successful at UT.

Reactions: Gandalf
His original comment was responding to "for the season we just had, 17th nationally is good." He disagreed and gave reasons why he disagreed.

He was immediately called a gator.

Then you said his response was the dumbest thing you've read. To be honest, your response wasn't the smartest thing I've read, that's for sure.

I didn't agree with everything he said, but I pretty much agree with him overall.
Congratulations!! Really where was mine not the smartest thing??? Anyways it doesn't matter. I'm not even going to get started on ALL of you posts that's why I try my best to never respond to anything you say because it's always unknowledgeable negative trash but you decided to stand up for other negativity like always so there you go BLOCKED!!! So I never have to read your ESPN ticker comments again. Good day sir!

Congratulations!! Really where was mine not the smartest thing??? Anyways it doesn't matter. I'm not even going to get started on ALL of you posts that's why I try my best to never respond to anything you say because it's always unknowledgeable negative trash but you decided to stand up for other negativity like always so there you go BLOCKED!!! So I never have to read your ESPN ticker comments again. Good day sir!

Oh good grief. So you can dish it out, but you can't take it? Maybe VolNation is not the place for you sweetheart.

What+the+did+i+just+read+_8596a758dfab5459b93ba3469bab655e.jpg

Why are you mad at strangers on the internet

Pulaski, is that you?

A lot of the problem was effort. The team clearly laid down against Vandy with bowl eligibility on the line. That's on the coaches to get the team motivated.

Will people stop using Saban as an example? There was never anyone like him and no one will ever be like him in the future. Who gives a **** about some game 3 years ago. What exactly was Bama's record after that game? Oh...14-1 with a National title. GTFO.

Not only did our guys get blown out by Vandy with the post-season on the line, they also got blown out at the end of the season. Well coached teams don't do that.

So how do you motivate individuals that have laid down? Do you not think the players knew what was at stake? What do you think Pruitt said during Vandy week? Oh well guys this is just another game, no big deal oh well golly gee wiz? Come on. Every player on that team knew exactly what was on the line against Vandy. And just like you said, it was about effort. And the PLAYERS laid an egg. Yes the coaches did their fault in the loss, but so do the players.

Saban absolutely is relevant in this example. Look at the past 2 years with Bama. 2017 NC game, UGA has them on the ropes. What happens? Second half, Bama starts playing like Bama. 2018 SECCG, almost same scenario. Now is that all coaching? Absolutely not. The players decided what was on the line and they woke up. You and many others are going to have to accept the FACT that football is a TEAM sport that takes both coaching AND player execution. This whole coaches get paid so they are ultimately responsible is just a convenient excuse to deflect blame for the sorry play of players.

Reactions: VolinMC

VN Store

Back