*****2019 Early Signing Day on VolNation

I'm glad
"Time makes us all a prisoner of the present, forever transitioning from our own past into an unknown future."

TR-3B-927399.jpg

Transend time in a TR3B
I'm glad I'm not the only one keeping up with this stuff lol

One thing that drives me crazy is that I just looked on Rivals and (1)4 four star players from the state of Tennessee are going to other big name schools. That's got to change!

UT Vols football: Jeremy Pruitt is recruiting Tennessee differently than Butch Jones. Will it work?

Interesting read

When it came to recruiting, former Tennessee football coach Butch Jones talked a lot about owning the state.

He was a man of his word, too, signing a combined 37 players from Tennessee during his five-year tenure.

In hindsight, however, he might have gotten a little carried away.

“I think a lot of times Tennessee (under Jones) would offer without having seen a kid face to face,” said Austin Price, who covers Tennessee football and recruiting for Rivals’ Volquest.com. “In today’s world of recruiting, so much of it is a copycat deal. ‘Oh, Virginia Tech offered, Georgia offered. Well, we’d better offer him.’ Or, ‘Hey, I hear so-and-so is about to offer, so we better get in before they do.’

Jeremy Pruitt is not going about it that way.”

It’s not as though Pruitt, who recently completed his first year as the Vols coach, is completely abandoning the Volunteer state — he signed eight in-state prospects to last year’s class. He has, however, shown a bit more restraint than his predecessor.

Just yesterday someone posted an article showing UT has given out the most offers of any D1 school, 440. I don’t know what way Pruitt is going about it, but with that many offers it sure sounds like he’s just throwing them at top players to see what sticks.

Reactions: UTwild82
Lol. That's what I was waiting on.
D-bags to me also. It screams hipster and inflated value of worth... Do you think the folks I know that make lip smackin shine in Wilkes County NC call it artisan or "just the way granddaddy made it".

My way: Pulled Pork BBQ - Dry rubbed and slow smoked the ole fashioned way over Hickory wood. $10 Lb
Hipster Way: Artisan grown Free range heritage breed fed organic grains gently massaged with hand picked spices with organic raw sugar and Himalayan sea salt slowly spit roasted on a solar powered rotisserie over imported wood from sustainable rain forests. $82 lb

Has today taken a disappointing turn? It seems like we started strong and then just stalled. We seem to be dropping on rankings. As already mentioned Florida has jumped up 4 while we have fell one on 247. ESPN has dropped us down one to 16th in the nation as well. I know there is still plenty of time yet but when do I start panicking?

tenor.gif

Reactions: 08Vol
Has today taken a disappointing turn? It seems like we started strong and then just stalled. We seem to be dropping on rankings. As already mentioned Florida has jumped up 4 while we have fell one on 247. ESPN has dropped us down one to 16th in the nation as well. I know there is still plenty of time yet but when do I start panicking?

tenor.gif

Wright, Crouch, Gray, Lampley, and S Williams will bump us back up ;). Patience.

VN Store

Back