*****2019 Early Signing Day on VolNation

Considering the season we had, 17th nationally is good.

I wish I could agree with you but that’s not how 2nd recruiting classes are supposed to go. 1st recruiting class after a coaching change is always rough. But the 2nd class is supposed to be a home run. Coach tells the recruits “things have been bad here but that is why I was brought in. I’ve got a plan to get UT back on top but I need you to do it.” 2nd recruiting classes are about how well a coach can sell the hype that he’s the right coach for the job and that he’s starting a championship tradition.

Problem is Pruitt looked completely out coached in a lot of games. He did things like insult players on camera, talk bad about players during interviews, kicked a white board during a game, had a player walk off the field during a game, had players just going through the motions instead of going to a bowl game, had his OC quit after 1 season. So many games this season the players didn’t look prepared or fired up.

Honestly a lot of players looked like they didn’t want to be there. That is on Pruitt for letting them still wear the orange and white on Saturdays. When recruits visited they talked with these players who dogged the team, the university, and the coaching staff. Pruitt wants these players to give their all but shows no punishment for guys who don’t. If I’m a recruit and I see players half azzing it during practice and still playing on Saturdays then I know that isn’t a place for me.

I wish I could agree with you but that’s not how 2nd recruiting classes are supposed to go. 1st recruiting class after a coaching change is always rough. But the 2nd class is supposed to be a home run. Coach tells the recruits “things have been bad here but that is why I was brought in. I’ve got a plan to get UT back on top but I need you to do it.” 2nd recruiting classes are about how well a coach can sell the hype that he’s the right coach for the job and that he’s starting a championship tradition.

Problem is Pruitt looked completely out coached in a lot of games. He did things like insult players on camera, talk bad about players during interviews, kicked a white board during a game, had a player walk off the field during a game, had players just going through the motions instead of going to a bowl game, had his OC quit after 1 season. So many games this season the players didn’t look prepared or fired up.

Honestly a lot of players looked like they didn’t want to be there. That is on Pruitt for letting them still wear the orange and white on Saturdays. When recruits visited they talked with these players who dogged the team, the university, and the coaching staff. Pruitt wants these players to give their all but shows no punishment for guys who don’t. If I’m a recruit and I see players half azzing it during practice and still playing on Saturdays then I know that isn’t a place for me.
I agree with you in theory, but really if he benched them; there wouldn't have been a team on the field to play. Need depth and competition at many spots. He'll get it done, just going to take time. I know, people get tired of hearing that, but it's simply the case...we've been down too long for it to be a quick fix.

Reactions: johnsonbrewer
Calm down everyone this is just the first day of the early signing period.

Flori

gator uga Guy go to your own board. No chance in hell you are a vol fan

Wow this has to be one of the dumbest posts I've read on here. 1st off you have no idea what your talking about, 2nd since you are the expert who should've been on the field instead??? 3rd this is EARLY signing period not NSD we are still in really good shape with great players Wright, Crouch just to name a few, btw since your obviously a 🌟 gazer how many 5 🌟 did we get last year??? I'll answer that since you'll probably have to look it up, zero is the answer. We have the chance to get multiple this year so where's the problem???

Don’t get caught up so much in 3 star or 5 star. It’s about developing players after they are on your campus. Just read about Allen from UK that was a 2 star and going to be a top 10 draft pick.. Development and we have the man that can develope players.
Go Big Orange

Which school did Pruitt coach at previously where he had to develop a team of which a significant portion were 3* recruits?

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
You mean you don't love artisan curated small-batch locally sourced farm-to-table EVERYTHING?

In terms of simple marketing use of the word artisan without substance, totally get it. As it refers to real craftsmanship, and in this case, whiskey, I’m a believer in substantive craftsmanship as it relates to a superior product vs. mass produced and overhyped bourbon.

Jus’ sayin’.....this stuff is very smooth, and worthy of it’s rating.

Which school did Pruitt coach at previously where he had to develop a team of which a significant portion were 3* recruits?

Tenn 2018. If it werent for a select group of douchebag players from a previous era being selfish about bowl practices maybe we'd be doing both right now. Practicing to win a bowl game and recruiting.

Tenn 2018. If it werent for a select group of douchebag players from a previous era being selfish about bowl practices maybe we'd be doing both right now. Practicing to win a bowl game and recruiting.

Which "douchebag" players are you referring to, that you feel have gone out of their way to sabotage Pruit's HC debut?

Which "douchebag" players are you referring to, that you feel have gone out of their way to sabotage Pruit's HC debut?

I guess Pruitt, Tuttle and Phillips all were lying when they said there were guys who werent fully bought in. How many times did Pruitt say there are many guys who just cant do it right? Basic stuff like tackling, blocking, catching. You know, things you learn in pee wee football. I guess Pruitt was lying.

Reactions: lexkyvol
I guess Pruitt, Tuttle and Phillips all were lying when they said there were guys who werent fully bought in. How many times did Pruitt say there are many guys who just cant do it right? Basic stuff like tackling, blocking, catching. You know, things you learn in pee wee football. I guess Pruitt was lying.

So call them out, which players do you and @lexkyvol think were intentionally sandbagging?

Isn't that the responsibility of the coach to teach them how to do it right? At what point does the coach take responsibility for the piss poor play and effort on the field? You can't always just shove it off on the players. They are your players. Teach them. That's why you're called a COACH and being paid millions of dollars.

I will admit Pruitt hasn't walked into a good situation at all. Talent is definitely lacking. But to use talent or just "not being bought in" as the only excuse for the lack of progress and piss poor effort last season is just beyond me.

Isn't that the responsibility of the coach to teach them how to do it right? At what point does the coach take responsibility for the piss poor play and effort on the field? You can't always just shove it off on the players. They are your players. Teach them. That's why you're called a COACH and being paid millions of dollars.

I will admit Pruitt hasn't walked into a good situation at all. Talent is definitely lacking. But to use talent or just "not being bought in" as the only excuse for the lack of progress and piss poor effort last season is just beyond me.

So just to clarify, a guy who has a college scholarship to a D1 football program needs to be taught how to tackle, block and catch? Is that what you are telling me? You can coach all you want, but if players dont execute then its on them.

Take the situation when Ole Miss beat Bama and Bama turned the ball over what 5 times? Now is that coaching? You think Saban specifically teaches his players to turn the ball over? Coaching matters. But unless your players are all in and ready to give it 100%, then all the coaching in the world wont matter.

So just to clarify, a guy who has a college scholarship to a D1 football program needs to be taught how to tackle, block and catch? Is that what you are telling me? You can coach all you want, but if players dont execute then its on them.

Take the situation when Ole Miss beat Bama and Bama turned the ball over what 5 times? Now is that coaching? You think Saban specifically teaches his players to turn the ball over? Coaching matters. But unless your players are all in and ready to give it 100%, then all the coaching in the world wont matter.

A lot of the problem was effort. The team clearly laid down against Vandy with bowl eligibility on the line. That's on the coaches to get the team motivated.

Will people stop using Saban as an example? There was never anyone like him and no one will ever be like him in the future. Who gives a **** about some game 3 years ago. What exactly was Bama's record after that game? Oh...14-1 with a National title. GTFO.

Not only did our guys get blown out by Vandy with the post-season on the line, they also got blown out at the end of the season. Well coached teams don't do that.

Wow this has to be one of the dumbest posts I've read on here. 1st off you have no idea what your talking about, 2nd since you are the expert who should've been on the field instead??? 3rd this is EARLY signing period not NSD we are still in really good shape with great players Wright, Crouch just to name a few, btw since your obviously a 🌟 gazer how many 5 🌟 did we get last year??? I'll answer that since you'll probably have to look it up, zero is the answer. We have the chance to get multiple this year so where's the problem???

Keeping sticking your head in the sand if it makes you happy. Who should have been on the field? Well for the last 2 games it looks like it didn’t matter. I would start walk ons over guys that didn’t practice since you’re going to lose the game either way. I know we didn’t get any 5*s last year, I addressed that. I also know Butch only brought in three 5*s his entire time here. You want to give Pruitt credit for guys who haven’t signed yet. When they sign I’ll give him credit, not before

A lot of the problem was effort. The team clearly laid down against Vandy with bowl eligibility on the line. That's on the coaches to get the team motivated.

Will people stop using Saban as an example? There was never anyone like him and no one will ever be like him in the future. Who gives a **** about some game 3 years ago. What exactly was Bama's record after that game? Oh...14-1 with a National title. GTFO.

Not only did our guys get blown out by Vandy with the post-season on the line, they also got blown out at the end of the season. Well coached teams don't do that.
same concept, yet u excuse saban losing because they won the title. you think they wanted or were okay with losing that game? smh

So, only 3 stars and below need development?🤔...

Not what you said, I know, but...

No matter the "media, talking heads", often misleading, rating that a player has, they still need to be developed and groomed to step up to the next level. Granted, there seems to be some increased value for a player with such higher ratings, but it still falls onto the coaching staff to help bring out the player's max potential, AND to make sure that player is the best fit for the coaching staff's system/style (to me this is way undervalued).

Heard a statement from Saban (please forgive me for mentioning him, but it was a good analogy). He stated "...just because a puppy has big feet, does not mean he will grow up to be the biggest dog...", I think this describes these college recruits perfectly.

Just my two cents...

Last edited:

VN Store

Back