2020 Presidential Race

Got into a fight with his exercise equipment just like this guy.
iu

I slept with Prince valium for 4 months when I broke my neck, then we broke up, tedious withdrawal.

I glad you didn't develop a more serious addiction.

I took it a couple of times during my weed days. it just put me to sleep. It wasn't very pleasurable. I can see where hyper people or people who need to rest and be still could benefit from it.

I didn't like morphene; Vicodin was much better. My real point was laughing was really painful for a while. A cough was terrible. A sneeze was like end of the world catastrophic pain.
What’s the survival rate on OHS?

About 10 years ago one of my best friends, a German guy who lived in Houston and was in his early 60’s, went in for OHS and didn’t make it out.

Reactions: AM64
I knew Trump would pick up on the America hasn't lived up to its ideals...we have never embraced imperialism and have freed alot of ppl..countless died on their one trip out of this country to defend freedom

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
What’s the survival rate on OHS?

About 10 years ago one of my best friends, a German guy who lived in Houston and was in his early 60’s, went in for OHS and didn’t make it out.

Not sure. My valve is twenty years old, and seems OK from my side. However, from the doctor's side it's getting pretty leaky - a lot of reverse flow or regurgitation. This time he's talking TAVIR instead of open heart. As near as I can figure they basically shove the new valve up through an artery and position and open it when it gets to the heart - something like building a ship in a bottle. They did a couple of stints maybe three years ago by going in through my wrist - just an overnight stay in the hospital - wasn't bad at all except for almost two years on anticoagulants. I bounced back from the open heart surgery just fine; of course, my wife says I'm different, and I tell her BS. I heard her talking to the surgeon in the ICU right after surgery - my biggest issue was a fight with the ventilator while in the ICU - apparently I was biting down on the airway and cutting off the air supply.

Reactions: RavinDave
I glad you didn't develop a more serious addiction.

I took it a couple of times during my weed days. it just put me to sleep. It wasn't very pleasurable. I can see where hyper people or people who need to rest and be still could benefit from it.
In knew it wasn't good for me. I was tired of taking pills. I stepped it down but man it really sucked. Felt like I was gut punched for a while. I wasn't me.
The bad thing about valium and why it's different than other benzodiazapines is it can change enzymes in your brain. I knew it had to go, for muscle relaxation it's king, but the cost was too much.

Reactions: Hunerwadel and AM64
Not sure. My valve is twenty years old, and seems OK from my side. However, from the doctor's side it's getting pretty leaky - a lot of reverse flow or regurgitation. This time he's talking TAVIR instead of open heart. As near as I can figure they basically shove the new valve up through an artery and position and open it when it gets to the heart - something like building a ship in a bottle. They did a couple of stints maybe three years ago by going in through my wrist - just an overnight stay in the hospital - wasn't bad at all except for almost two years on anticoagulants. I bounced back from the open heart surgery just fine; of course, my wife says I'm different, and I tell her BS. I heard her talking to the surgeon in the ICU right after surgery - my biggest issue was a fight with the ventilator while in the ICU - apparently I was biting down on the airway and cutting off the air supply.
Knock on wood.

Ah a fighter, we used to wake open hearts up as soon as they were stable. Extubate them fast. Most of the time the pt didn't remember most of it.
TAVRs are much safer than OHS.

Ah a fighter, we used to wake open hearts up as soon as they were stable. Extubate them fast. Most of the time the pt didn't remember most of it.
TAVRs are much safer than OHS.

I was aware of things around me - couldn't see well because I hadn't had cataract surgery at the time. I told my wife before I wanted my glasses immediately, and then when she offered them to me, I passed on them - mostly wanted to just sleep. I remembered the vent and wasn't bothered by it - until at some point I wasn't getting air. I tapped on the handrail and let them know - my nurse said everything was working OK and to relax which worked for a while. When it happened the next time, I wasn't panicking - yet; the nurse said O2 was OK and I was thinking it won't be for long. They said they'd do a couple of tests to see about removing the vent - they did, and it was soooo much better. I happened to read something years later about a guy saying he bit down on the airway and described the experience - that's when it all came together - one of those things you do without being aware.

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
My Senate predictions
Dems pickup ME Collins seat
Dems pickup CO Gardner seat
GOP pickup AL Jones seat
Ernst, Tillis, Mcsally hold on
20201023_172846.jpg

I was aware of things around me - couldn't see well because I hadn't had cataract surgery at the time. I told my wife before I wanted my glasses immediately, and then when she offered them to me, I passed on them - mostly wanted to just sleep. I remembered the vent and wasn't bothered by it - until at some point I wasn't getting air. I tapped on the handrail and let them know - my nurse said everything was working OK and to relax which worked for a while. When it happened the next time, I wasn't panicking - yet; the nurse said O2 was OK and I was thinking it won't be for long. They said they'd do a couple of tests to see about removing the vent - they did, and it was soooo much better. I happened to read something years later about a guy saying he bit down on the airway and described the experience - that's when it all came together - one of those things you do without being aware.
It is, I'll always give the pt a chance to let it go and try to get them more comfortable. Vary rarely do we put in bite blocks. We want them extubated asap. It's just much better for the pt.

My mom will be 93 next week. Other than cataracts and diabetes she’s doing pretty well. Was still living in the little house I grew up in on the S side of Knoxville until a few months ago but now lives with my younger brother who lives in K’ville.

My dad passed away at age 78 from ALS. That was some 15 yrs ago.

VN Store

Back