First Euro semifinal
IMG_9067.jpeg
Winner plays the winner of Wednesday’s England vs Netherlands match ☝️

First Copa semifinal
IMG_9069.jpeg
Winner plays the winner of Wednesday’s Uruguay vs Colombia match☝️

Last edited:
Reactions: MAD
My brother-in-law is the son of a Dutch immigrant who spent his whole professional life growing amateur soccer in the United States. He's the same person who got me hooked on soccer. He took me to at least a dozen games, including USA v Mexico. He just died of cancer and it would mean so much to the family for Netherlands to finally win another tourney. 🤞 🇳🇱

My brother-in-law is the son of a Dutch immigrant who spent his whole professional life growing amateur soccer in the United States. He's the same person who got me hooked on soccer. He took me to at least a dozen games, including USA v Mexico. He just died of cancer and it would mean so much to the family for Netherlands to finally win another tourney. 🤞 🇳🇱
Sorry for your loss, 🙏. Go Big Orange of Europe !

Reactions: n_huffhines and MAD
Thoughts after last night:

The facts that we wouldn't have advanced anyway yesterday, nor did we deserve to, makes it so easy to swallow the officiating.

IDK what to do about Berhalter. I've been following US soccer for 20 years and nobody's ever happy with the coach for any length of time, and they're all the same. Tell me we can get an elite coach, OK, fine. Musical chairs with guys that never make any meaningful difference? Nah. How about some continuity? He won the gold cup. Advanced out of group stage in the WC. We flopped in Copa America because Weah pulled a David Beckham. This result is not on Berhalter. I think our expectations are too high if we think we should fire a coach with this tournament resume. All that being said, I realize a lot of you know way more about soccer and the team than I do. Just my $0.02

I can't believe we're hosting the world cup on the heels of this tournament. I guess we got the Confederations Cup for a chance at redemption prior to the WC?
US men's soccer seems to have the same problem that UT Athletics had from about 2005-2021. I don't think there is any sense of direction or leadership administratively.

Also, the group of people who has most gotten away with taking on their share of the blame for this is the players. I keep hearing about this is our "golden generation." This group of guys hasn't won ****. They aren't scrappy, don't have dawgs on the team outside of Pulisic, and generally are kind of a hard group to pull for. The US isn't the most talented team on the block, but they carry themselves (and some fans seem to carry themselves) like they are.

I've said it a million times and I'll say it again - wake me up with they have 7-9 guys in the starting 11 with the skill/heart of Pulisic. Until then, they'll always be on on the knockout stage bubble in big international tournaments.

Reactions: MAD and n_huffhines
Not sure what to make of it. On one hand Kane did get a shot away, but on the other, like Donovan said, anywhere else on the field and Dumfries might have actually gotten sent off for that challenge.
I just feel like similar fouls never get called. With this being semis of Euros every shot will be challenged. Seems a bit harsh to me.

Regardless this has already been the match of the tournament for me and we are only 20 min in. Extremely entertaining none the less.

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back