2024 Lineup

Kinger

Not trying to start a fight and I’m not an expert on our bench guys or new recruits. What is the lineup? Assume Burke at 1st and Moore at 2nd. Is the outfield Dreiling, Ensley, Tears? Who’s next in line for SS and 3rd? Is Stark still the catcher? Is DH a rotating position?

Reactions: Volfan1000
Not trying to start a fight and I’m not an expert on our bench guys or new recruits. What is the lineup? Assume Burke at 1st and Moore at 2nd. Is the outfield Dreiling, Ensley, Tears? Who’s next in line for SS and 3rd? Is Stark still the catcher? Is DH a rotating position?
Way too early. Don’t know who will make it to campus yet and what the transfers will look like.

I could see 4-5 portals commits. LF, RF, Catcher, 3rd, SS appear to be open. The recent JUCO commit most likely DH.

I could see 4-5 portals commits. LF, RF, Catcher, 3rd, SS appear to be open. The recent JUCO commit most likely DH.

If we get an OF from the portal, I hope it’s a true CF. Ensley would be better suited as a corner OF. But if we don’t land a portal OF, it’s probably Dreiling, Ensley, and Tears, left to right. We need a SS from the portal. And a Catcher, unless they think Ryan Miller will develop. Guessing Denton goes pro, so s 3B would be welcome from the portal, although I think Kendro will be a good one eventually. How soon, I don’t know. And of course, you always want to add quality arms.

The other big question is who makes it to campus as a freshman and how ready are they? Maybe Rucker steps in for Denton at 3B. Antigua or another freshman SS. Matthew Dallas might be an arm that contributes, especially as s LHP. Grimmer and/or Eaton could play early.

I DO think the weekend rotation will be Burns, Russell, and Beam. And it will be very good.

Truthfully, every spot is open if a better player comes along. But there are a lot of good players already on the roster more than capable of taking a spot. Tony will find guys to plug holes.
Yep. I don't see any position that's locked up....or at least it shouldn't be. We want competition everywhere. Despite our great season, I think we should try to upgrade at every position. No offense to the starters this year, but when I looked at the bats LSU and UF have, I see how much of a miracle this season was. We need to add a lot of pop and defense to our lineup. Hope that comes from our recruiting classes, but if we have to play in the portal again, I hope we can find a gem or two among the LSU leftovers.

Whos coming in, whos leaving.?
We will need to see those transfers first

Yep. I don't see any position that's locked up....or at least it shouldn't be. We want competition everywhere. Despite our great season, I think we should try to upgrade at every position. No offense to the starters this year, but when I looked at the bats LSU and UF have, I see how much of a miracle this season was. We need to add a lot of pop and defense to our lineup. Hope that comes from our recruiting classes, but if we have to play in the portal again, I hope we can find a gem or two among the LSU leftovers.
1st base locked and sealed with Blake Burke,the rest who knows.

1st base locked and sealed with Blake Burke,the rest who knows.
Blake needs to get more consistent with his bat. He had a lot of struggles at the plate the last half of the season.

I definitely hope to see more pop from our bats next season. The feast or famine we saw so many times this year was frustrating. But I think it's all fixable.

Blake needs to get more consistent with his bat. He had a lot of struggles at the plate the last half of the season.

I definitely hope to see more pop from our bats next season. The feast or famine we saw so many times this year was frustrating. But I think it's all fixable.
We got spoilt in ‘22. Improvement expected for sure, though. Need to tread that portal skillfully.

For Ensley, I imagine it'll come down to pre-draft conversations about how much it will take to get him to sign. With the draft only 20 rounds now, teams are less likely to take mid or late round risks on kids that have additional eligibility. If a team likes him enough to offer a higher slot, I could see him going late for mid-round money.

Last edited:
I now firmly believe college athletics as we know it is gone.
I’m afraid you’re right. If this becomes the norm, I’m not sure I will stick around for it. The transfer portal has become a highest bidder takes all. what’s to stop LSU or someone else from buying every All American or first team SEC player for next season?

I’m afraid you’re right. If this becomes the norm, I’m not sure I will stick around for it. The transfer portal has become a highest bidder takes all. what’s to stop LSU or someone else from buying every All American or first team SEC player for next season?
It may be the fatalistic old man in me, but IMO the this is the tip of a gigantic iceberg. It's fearsome, folks. :confused:

VN Store

Back