2024 Lineup

That’s a great guess. I believe there’s more offense in the lineup to allow Zander, Russell, or Dallas the Sunday starter.
If they get Holman, Russell or Dallas on Sunday is gonna be just fine. Those guys are both future first round picks. Offense definitely going to be better this year too which helps

I’d be very surprised. Burns’ stuff is elite. Beam’s is good and I think he’s got more guts than anyone on the staff, but they’ll draft based on stuff. That said, I would rather have Beam on my team and that’s not a shot at Burns.
If burns has a good year as a starter he’s going to go before Beam, and if I had to choose who’s gonna go first I’d choose Burns. But it’s not impossible. Burns has a +++ slider, but his fastball, while has crazy velo, is not as good as it should be at his power. And then needs to develop pitches 3 and 4.

It’s the classic ceiling vs floor debate. Burns has a chance to be an ace in the MLB, but there’s maybe an even better chance he’s just a reliever. Beam is almost definitely a future mlb starter, and I think his ceiling is a little underestimated at times too. Beam has some really nasty stuff himself

If burns has a good year as a starter he’s going to go before Beam, and if I had to choose who’s gonna go first I’d choose Burns. But it’s not impossible. Burns has a +++ slider, but his fastball, while has crazy velo, is not as good as it should be at his power. And then needs to develop pitches 3 and 4.

It’s the classic ceiling vs floor debate. Burns has a chance to be an ace in the MLB, but there’s maybe an even better chance he’s just a reliever. Beam is almost definitely a future mlb starter, and I think his ceiling is a little underestimated at times too. Beam has some really nasty stuff himself
To add to this teams drafting super high are often going for ceiling which is why you have to think Burns ultimately goes first, but if we get a year from now and Beam has risen and Burns has fallen on draft boards that won’t shock me either

I just watched the TV version of the Stanford vs UT CWS game. Burns was simply outstanding. In fact he was flat out spectacular all season as a reliever with the exception being the SC game. I think that was just rust from being held out for arm soreness (he didn‘t pitch the Ga series due to arm soreness). Burns will be a top 5 pick IMHO. With that said, I hope Beam has a breakout season and goes 1st. 🍊👍😃👊😀🍊👍

VN Store

Back