2024 NBA Offseason

Lebron ended up taking $2.5m less than initial reports so Lakers can stay under 2nd apron. **** would've been so funny if he didn't give up a dime.

Lebron's contract has a 15% trade kicker...

Players who try to negotiate for a trade kicker like them so they have some control over if/when they are traded. For example, they can waive the kicker to get to a preferred trade destination. Or they can refuse to waive it so that they're not an attractive trade target. Etc.

Lebron doesn't need that contract protection. He and Klutch have enough pull that LAL would never trade him somewhere he didn't want to go.

I believe this means he's open to getting traded and he's thinking he might as well get a raise in the process.

I kinda thought this from the start. Warriors make sense but they seem really precious about Kuminga. Ainge is definitely asking for more than the Bridges package.

1720460536551.png

Reactions: knoxvol52
Lebron's contract has a 15% trade kicker...

Players who try to negotiate for a trade kicker like them so they have some control over if/when they are traded. For example, they can waive the kicker to get to a preferred trade destination. Or they can refuse to waive it so that they're not an attractive trade target. Etc.

Lebron doesn't need that contract protection. He and Klutch have enough pull that LAL would never trade him somewhere he didn't want to go.

I believe this means he's open to getting traded and he's thinking he might as well get a raise in the process.
It's because Lebron is a tool.

Is his Taylor Hendricks 3rd year of Summer League? The guy was a Lottery pick a couple of years ago, I understand development but damn.

Me when Russillo said the Raptors are paying Quickley/Barrett/Barnes $99M combined in 2025-2026

IMG_4497.jpeg

Reactions: n_huffhines
I can't believe this Harrison Barnes trade by the Kings. Their D is so trash and they traded their best 3 and D guy and a 2031 1st rd swap for Derozan. They've gone even more all in on offense with a guy who I like, but isn't a great fit. They're a lot more fun now, but probably not any better, and they leveraged their future for this move. Knowing the Kings, that's going to be a top 5 pick and Spurs are going to be giving them a 28 pick back.

I can't believe this Harrison Barnes trade by the Kings. Their D is so trash and they traded their best 3 and D guy and a 2031 1st rd swap for Derozan. They've gone even more all in on offense with a guy who I like, but isn't a great fit. They're a lot more fun now, but probably not any better, and they leveraged their future for this move. Knowing the Kings, that's going to be a top 5 pick and Spurs are going to be giving them a 28 pick back.

When in the middle, just be super awesome at the one thing.

Barnes is a solid defender but I don’t fault the move

Ingram extension not done. Pistons just picked up the Paul Reed contract off waivers and add a lot of 2 guards. I’m wondering if Ivey/Stewart for Ingram is in the works.

The Nets could be offered an unprotected first in a Levine-Ben Simmons swap and laugh in the Bulls face...

Simmons contract is finally expiring! Gonna be so funny when he goes for 12, 10, and 8 for 75 games this season.

Lavine's got another 3 years

Lavine should have been a really good player. With his athleticism, length, and shooting, he could have been a version of Klay, but he was never interested in D or working that hard off-ball. He wants the ball in his hands and he wants to be finesse guy and he doesn't want to do anything else. He's not a max player, even if he's healthy.

Individuals complaining about Bronny James contract, good grief Ben Simmons has stole from Owners for 8 years ..

Ingram extension not done. Pistons just picked up the Paul Reed contract off waivers and add a lot of 2 guards. I’m wondering if Ivey/Stewart for Ingram is in the works.

He's asking for $205m/4.

Pistons may be the one team that makes sense for him, but I can't believe they'd have to give up much to get him. Literally, nobody else wants him. Russillo and BS, Lowe, and the guys on Group Chat....all of them discussed Ingram and couldn't find the team for him. The tanking teams don't want him because he'll raise their floor. The good teams don't want him because he's too expensive, and only does one thing well. He's a bucket, but he is not a ceiling raiser on a good team, at all. FIBA was the end for him with a lot of people who hadn't already seen that writing on the wall.

He makes you much more competent, but I also don't like that he gets in the way of the other guys' development. He's not going to be setting up Cade. The math in the NBA doesn't make sense, and if he gets this extension, it's going to be the most obvious example of that. Only one team wants him at a max price and they're going to pay it? What's the alternative? He gonna go to Spain?

Apparently, Trent jr is gonna take a big discount to go to NYK or PHI because Raptors wouldn't pay up. NYK seems like he'd be fighting for minutes.

If Philly lucks into him, this has gotta be the best free agency any team has had since 2010 Heat.

Reactions: The Dog
Apparently, Trent jr is gonna take a big discount to go to NYK or PHI because Raptors wouldn't pay up. NYK seems like he'd be fighting for minutes.

If Philly lucks into him, this has gotta be the best free agency any team has had since 2010 Heat.
That reminds me, I gotta get my #8, PG Philly jersey. Martin, PG, Trent Jr and even Drummond, that would be nice

VN Store

Back