2024 NBA Offseason

I hope Derrick Thompson or somebody goes deep dive on this TNT/Amazon thing. What on earth is the motivation for refusing TNT's matching offer?

OK, I got a good answer. The TNT package is not a matching package because they can't offer what a streaming company can offer, like viewer behavior data (cross-referenced with all their Amazon activity).

TNT can't unlock this critical biz intel for them.

Stupid as hell to go with Amazon instead of TNT, who supposedly matched the offer.

NBA: "We are struggling with ratings and they've consistently gone down for playoff games, Adam what's your solution?"

Silver: "Putting 15+ playoff games on Amazon Prime every year & one conference finals every other year!"

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum
OK, I got a good answer. The TNT package is not a matching package because they can't offer what a streaming company can offer, like viewer behavior data (cross-referenced with all their Amazon activity).

TNT can't unlock this critical biz intel for them.

Can't wait to see what numbers are fudged for an Indiana Pacers/Milwaukee Bucks conference finals in 2027 on Amazon Prime. Will be high comedy.

NBA: "We are struggling with ratings and they've consistently gone down for playoff games, Adam what's your solution?"

Silver: "Putting 15+ playoff games on Amazon Prime every year & one conference finals every other year!"

Ratings are only in service of revenue and measuring interest, but the ratings have lost all meaning in that regard and they got the bag, so there is no ratings problem

Love it. Between he and Monte Morris, Suns went from no PG to two competent guys

Yeah, we couldnt clear enough money to give him more money.

I dont blame him being a starter in Phoenix at 3M vs being backup here for 5-6. Wish we could have made that decision harder...

Some of that was on the Jazz not offering him the max in 2014 and forcing him to sign that deal with CLT to get Utah to match....

Even if he doesn't get hurt in Boston, I'm pretty doubtful he ends up a Boston legend. It's more than likely he doesn't get enough shots to be all-star every year, and I believe he's the first guy traded when they fail in the playoffs too many times.

He would've got in the way of Brown/Tatum development and/or been under-utilized. He did look pretty good when he played, post injury, but it just wasn't working with the C's. His stat line in 2020 is actually damn impressive for somebody who was 3rd or 4th option.

Reports are Lauri Markkanen will wait to sign his extension so that he won't be trade eligible for 6 months, after the deadline. I guess he really does want to stay in Utah.

Reports are Lauri Markkanen will wait to sign his extension so that he won't be trade eligible for 6 months, after the deadline. I guess he really does want to stay in Utah.
Signed 5 year/ $238 million dollar extension. I guess waiting was a second thought.

Going to purchase NBA league pass this upcoming season. Is it like the MLB app it quits charging your account after season is over or do I need to cancel it ?

Going to purchase NBA league pass this upcoming season. Is it like the MLB app it quits charging your account after season is over or do I need to cancel it ?

If you're on youtubeTV, then no. To get it, you buy a little sports bundle, so it continues after. It's super easy to cancel. Don't have to talk to anybody.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I don’t believe it charges outside the season but paying for annual fee would save a little money. If you sign up for free trial and cancel, they will usually email you a discount for the membership

Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back