2024 NBA Offseason

Yabusele to PHI. His per minute NBA stats were good. Not sure why he fell out of the league. 32% from 3p wasn't great but he's now a 41% career shooter from international 3p line

Grant Hill, Richard Jefferson and Jay Bilas are being considered to join NBA games announcer team.

Barkley is getting so old, man. He's on BS today and it's the same **** over and over. Griping about load management, not understanding why 5th tier players are getting max contracts, etc. He's so old he doesn't even have the awareness to know how ignorant he looks on the contracts. Anyway, he said the C's have 5 top 50 players, and that's why they won the title (which is true), but also that they have 2 top 10 players because they won the finals. He also said the Lakers can't have two top 10 players because they were in the play-in (even tho the west is a buzzsaw and they only have two top 50 players).

So now, I gotta do my top players. If the league were drafting players to just have for this year, these are the tiers, IMO.

Tier 1
Luka
Shai
Jokic
Giannis

Tier 2
Embiid
Wembanyama
Davis
Steph
Ant

Tier 3
Booker
Lebron
Brown
Tatum
Brunson
KD

Last edited:
Barkley is getting so old, man. He's on BS today and it's the same **** over and over. Griping about load management, not understanding why 5th tier players are getting max contracts, etc. He's so old he doesn't even have the awareness to know how ignorant he looks on the contracts. Anyway, he said the C's have 5 top 50 players, and that's why they won the title (which is true), but also that they have 2 top 10 players because they won the finals. He also said the Lakers can't have two top 10 players because they were in the play-in (even tho the west is a buzzsaw and they only have two top 50 players).

So now, I gotta do my top players. If the league were drafting players to just have for this year, these are the tiers, IMO.

Tier 1
Luka
Shai
Jokic
Giannis

Tier 2
Embiid
Wembanyama
Davis
Steph
Ant

Tier 3
Booker
Lebron
Brown
Tatum
Brunson
KD

Just to stay in form, you left off Desmond Bane!

Reactions: n_huffhines
The funny thing about this 300th Barkley rant on load management is that he went on to basically admit that it works, and he inadvertently sold me on it.

He said players are adding a couple extra years and paydays to their career. That is the incentive. OK, so if Steph misses 5 load management games each year and that means I get to watch him for 2 extra seasons?? I feel like I'm winning as a fan.

He also demanded that the players stop trying to tell us basketball is hard and that's the reason when the reason is the extra paydays...I've literally never heard one active player say basketball is too hard. I've heard Reddick, as a member of the media, say today's basketball is much harder than it was when he got drafted...that's about it.

Reactions: Rifleman
Al Horford retires. My all-time favorite Gator. Glad he got a title. Hate that it was for Boston.

And the C's repeat hopes take a hit. He was pretty far over the hill, but also by far their most reliable big and best option after KP. I imagine they gotta make a move now.

Edit: they do have three 1sts they can trade, but once you get past the core 5 guys, the biggest contract you can trade is $6m. They're either making a big move or stuck picking somebody off the scrap heap.

Last edited:
Al Horford retires. My all-time favorite Gator. Glad he got a title. Hate that it was for Boston.

And the C's repeat hopes take a hit. He was pretty far over the hill, but also by far their most reliable big and best option after KP. I imagine they gotta make a move now.

Edit: they do have three 1sts they can trade, but once you get past the core 5 guys, the biggest contract you can trade is $6m. They're either making a big move or stuck picking somebody off the scrap heap.

Where are you seeing that?

Russillo does NBA superstars as QB's comparison every December. Colin Cowherd started ripping off this segment and doing it earlier than him. So now Russillo did it this week. 😁

Some highlights:
Tua = Trae Young
Lamar = Embiid
Trevor Lawrence = Cade Cunningham
Aaron Rodgers = KD
Josh Allen = Caitlin Clark
Caleb Williams = Scoot
Mahomes = nobody "and if you hear somebody do this and they say there is a Mahomes, remember, there isn't a Mahomes"

Caitlin Clark?

I should've left that one out or explained it. Too many people arguing about them, and both sides are routinely making bad arguments was his take.

Personally, I've seen quite a few people who don't think Allen is that good, and also quite a few who will say he's as good/better than Mahomes. Both crazy.

VN Store

Back