2024 NBA Offseason

He’s like Kelly Oubre seemed to be. Everyone’s missing piece.

Worth every penny if he's reliable for the contract. Could easily be the downfall or title move for this squad.

I don't like letting Hartenstein walk, at all. It seems they're building specifically to beat the Celtics when they need Hartenstein to win a title, regardless.

Spurs on the draft tonight. Castle/Dillingham is a super fun backcourt

Hey let’s give up the #8 pick because maybe Anthony Edwards will want to be traded in 2029!!!!

Reactions: Volfan1000
A few thoughts:

Kings have had four 1st rd picks since 2020 and three times they drafted my favorite value guy in the draft (Haliburton, Murray, Carter).

I wanted Jazz to draft Carter and I view Williams as having high bust potential, but he was the 2nd highest ceiling wing in the draft and we got him at 10, so I am OK with it. I like the Collier pick at 29, too.

No idea what the Suns are doing. I liked the Holmes pick. Why trade it to the team you can't beat? Dunn can be a nice pick for us too, if he learns to shoot. The wing D is much needed but he can't shoot at all right now. Seems like a wasted pick.

LAL is so perfect for Knecht.

I was so confused why Spurs would want Dillingham, and then the trade rolls in and it all makes sense.

Can't believe Grizzlies couldn't make Clingan happen when he fell to 7 to a team who already has a $35m center.

After trading out of the 8 pick, Spurs now own 3 future unprotected 1sts, two 10-14 protected 1sts, and a few swaps, all from other teams. They can now get a big gun like Trae Young, and maintain most of their own draft capital.

Hate to see Knecht in Lakers gear but it's a huge compliment to get Lebron's nod.

I hope they don't waste his talent, but he can learn a lot from Coach James and staff.

Reactions: VolNExile
Hate to see Knecht in Lakers gear but it's a huge compliment to get Lebron's nod.

I hope they don't waste his talent, but he can learn a lot from Coach James and staff.

I think Knecht just fell to the best situation possible*. First of all, he probably still hasn't wrapped his mind around the fact that he gets to play with a top 3 player, all time. Reddick is going to know how to use Knecht probably better than any other player on the roster. Lebron is going to get him shots. He's filling a desperate need they've had for 2 years, so it's hard to imagine he'd waste away on the bench, or something.

Now for cons, he's going to have to deal with the Lakers spotlight and it's everybody's fault except Lebron, but that is all less important than the pros.

1719500386604.png

*76ers or Grizz would have been good, too

Last edited:
I think Knecht just fell to the best situation possible*. First of all, he probably still hasn't wrapped his mind around the fact that he gets to play with a top 3 player, all time. Reddick is going to know how to use Knecht probably better than any other player on the roster. Lebron is going to get him shots. He's filling a desperate need they've had for 2 years, so it's hard to imagine he'd waste away on the bench, or something.

Now for cons, he's going to have to deal with the Lakers spotlight and it's everybody's fault except Lebron, but that is all less important than the pros.

View attachment 654543

*76ers or Grizz would have been good, too

Lakers got pretty lucky here obviously. Sixers and Wizards are almost canonically bad at draft and the Heat were desperate for size.

"More experienced player slides out of the lottery to a decent team" is a recipe for real contributions from DK next year.

Lakers got pretty lucky here obviously. Sixers and Wizards are almost canonically bad at draft and the Heat were desperate for size.

"More experienced player slides out of the lottery to a decent team" is a recipe for real contributions from DK next year.

I don't fault the 76ers for going with McCain there. It's a pretty similar pick to Knecht, you're just trading off some size for a much younger guy.

Reactions: Rifleman
Rich Paul is strong arming the league lol. Telling teams don't draft Bronny because he want play for you.

VN Store

Back